315ltr Tank, 250ltr Tank, 400ltr Tank

• Heating Speed
Martin

MartinNortheast, VIC

High cost of running

New house and new system so no issues there but I would have thought it would be cheaper compared to other older set ups? Our hot water unit is the highest energy cost on the bill

Tom

TomGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Failed within a year

Purchased in October 2019.

Big Jolly FellowSydney, NSW

Trying to contact you - Hey are you guys still in business?????

Purchased in October 2010 for $4,640.00.

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Hi there, please could you call Amy directly on 02 5629 7834 to discuss this matter. She is waiting for your call.

Solar Water Heaters

Find out how Apricus Solar Hot Water System compares to other Solar Water Heaters

Fantastic, but only for technical people

Purchased in February 2015.

pippy

pippykerang

Should have got a solar hart

System is just over two years old, 12 months ago non return valve replaced under warranty. Today circulating pump not working, rang apricus, sorry only 2 years warranty on pump, 10 years on tank, 15 years on collector but 2 0n pump. I will let you all know what goes wrong next year.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

Not suitable for 1 or 2 occupt household

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Luke M.Apricus

Hi, if you would like to chat about your system performance, please give us a call on 1300 277 428. We would be happy to listen to your concerns and discuss possible solutions.

Geoff A

Geoff A

Don't believe the system is working properly. Energy being used to boost is equivalent to the power

System requires 11 kilowatt of power per day to maintain hot water. It would appear not much heating is being provided by the panel . Tubes appear to have lost their shine. Don't believe we're getting any return on investment. If were not on off peak the cost to heat would be prohibitive

Date PurchasedMar 2009
SteveH

SteveH

Lack of support, unsure if it's even working

Since installing in 2013 I have no idea if my Series 2000 is working or not. The installer just installed the Apricus and that's it. I called the installer for support but he refused to help because he was owed money by the Apricus support representative here in Hobart. I paid several thousand dollars for something that can't tell me if I've even had a single cent returned on this investment. My heating/hot water bill is $400 quarter.

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Luke M.Apricus

Steve its Chris here the MD of Apricus. I have a rep in Hobart on Monday will email you my details so we can set up a site visit and explore the issue.

Oriel

OrielPerth

A Financial Millstone of a System

Solar Water Heaters

Labour warranty only 12 months insufficient to cover when faulty tank needs replacing

Tank leaking and been replaced after almost 4 years from installing but now I will now be out of pocket for the plumber and electrician, probably over $600 to install the replacement tank and re-connect to power. What is the point of the warranty not covering labour when labour is necessary to put the replacement for the faulty tank in and it is not my fault? Bought the system in good faith that it would help with saving energy...

Daryl SNSW, 2583

Very expensive to run

We have had this Apricus system now for 6 months and had a totoal of 2 bills at $550.00 and $655. I have never had energy costs so high in all my years. We are now Waiting to hear back from Apricus to explain why our bills are so high?

Daryl S

Hi John, I tried to call when you posted this and left a message. no return call.

Great for the first 4 years....

We had no problems with our system for the first four years and we were delighted with it. But now we are scratching our heads as to why the pump doesn't work. We have replaced the controller unit and the check valve, and still the pump refuses to circulate the water. We are now facing the fourth visit from a plumber. Too much expense.

Ad

Great until you have a leak!

I had my apricus installed and had a leak in the roof. They got dodgey bros to come out to fix it. I refused entry the next day because of there bad work manship. So now I am left with the bill to fix the roof. Not a happy costumer
Nothing
Cost you more if the system leaks!

philb
philb
See all Apricus Solar Hot Water System reviews

Sharon K.

Sharon K.asked

Solar Hot Water System

I have a leak in my system I have photos of the part. Wondering if it needs a washer as there's a screw where it's leaking
Regards Sharon

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Hi Sharon, please could you contact our aftersales team so we can help you further. Please email your enqiry to warranty@apricus.com.au or call us on 1300 277 428.

Bob

Bobasked

Solar Hot Water System

We moved into our newly constructed home 6 weeks ago. The solar water system reliably delivered a huge amount of hot water - until last Thursday. From then until now (Sunday) the water out of the tap varies from just warm to warm. During these three days, there has been periods of overcast weather/light rain and clear sky/hot weather. During the days, the max temp was between 28 - 31 degrees.

I should point out that during the first 4 weeks we occupied our new home it rained every day - all up, we received about 400mm of rain. While there were occasional sunny breaks during these weeks, there was almost continuous cloud cover. Despite that, the system delivered an over abundance of hot water and we were extremely impressed (note that during this time the electric boost was turned off). So I am concerned and confused about why the system is now only delivering warmish water despite the improved weather.

On Saturday, the controller showed the tank temp was 32 deg and the collector was running at 36 deg. Later in the day, the tank was showing 36 deg and the collector 41 deg. The pump was automatically running for periods then turning off. It seemed odd that even in cloudess direct overhead sunlight the collector temp was only 41 deg. What is the usual operating temp for the tank and the collector? Is there likely a fault somewhere in this brand new system, particularly the temp sensor in the collector?

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your enquiry - it sounds like something isn't quite right with the system. Are you able to send an email to warranty@apricus.com.au with your enquiry and either any paperwork you have for your system or a photo of the tank details found at the top of the tank? Our customer service team will be able to help figure out what the problem is and ensure you system is working correctly. If you have any queries, please call us on 1300 277 428 and press option 2.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Apricus Australia Team

Scott

Scottasked

Solar Hot Water System

Hi, we have a 315 litre apricus solar hotwater system. It is 5.5 years old. Yesterday we had no hot water. We noticed that the hotwater breaker in the meter box tripped and turned off. We turned the breaker back on. We ran it over night on mains and still no hot water. The pump next to the hotwater tank in the apricus grey cover does not appear to be working. I switched it from 1 to 3 and there is no sound or vibration. Can you advise us what to do please? Scott and Jay

Hi Scott & Jay,

We're sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your Apricus solar hot water system. Please could you contact our customer service team on 1300 277 428 (press option 2) or email us on warranty@apricus.com.au so we can run some diagnostics and provide advice on what the problem is and how we can fix it!

We look forward to hearing from you.

Apricus Australia Team

See all Apricus Solar Hot Water System questions

Get an answer from our members and Apricus representatives

Compare all 3 Apricus Solar Hot Water System