315ltr Tank, 250ltr Tank, 400ltr Tank

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

Great warranty service

Ros thoroughly investigated the issue with my 11 yo system not getting hot enough and needing near continual boosting for 9 months of the year. After tests the copper tubes were replaced under warranty and all now seems to be working well. This has been a lesson other companies could learn from in how to back your warranty and support customers.

Purchased for $7,500.00.

Household Size4 person(s)

Ad

Worst hot water system I have ever installed

Purchased in February 2014 for $5,100.00.

Truth Serum

Truth SerumSydney, NSW

Dodgy controller warranty

Purchased in May 2015 at Tradelink for $5,500.00.

Solar Water Heaters

Find out how Apricus Solar Hot Water System compares to other Solar Water Heaters

Rod

RodGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Works well

Purchased in December 2014.

NotHappy Jan

NotHappy JanPerth, WA

Inferior equipment, zero customer service, warranty not in their vocabulary.

Purchased in December 2013 for $5,400.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Rob

RobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't Buy Apricus

Installed in 2015, worked for maybe 6 months and was great until it wasn't. Have been chasing Apricus since then to provide help. Don't answer phone calls or return calls. Had some limited email responses in 2018/2019 and thought perhaps Apricus would do the right thing, but then nothing. Customer service is non existent. How do you stay in business? You have the potential for a great product but you need to back it up. I just want it to work. Please don't give me a generic response or excuses.
Respond to my emails and fix my system please.

Purchased in December 2015.

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Hello Rob, please send your details to australia.service@apricus.com.au for review.

JUNK...CRAP...TROUBLE

After having this totally inferior system for about 10 years i feel like a sucker...what it has cost me besides buying is more than i care to print.. warranty is totally useless as the makers wish to have nothing to do with you and even threatenig leagal action to stop the truth being published.the controllers have a limited warranty and break down frequently ....do not even entertain the thought about getting one..you will regret it..shame

Purchased for $5,000.00.

Amy

Amy

Absolute Junk

Had this installed in our new house. Worked fine for about 12 months with no booster required, then the control panel completely died and we have to use the booster every day. Rang Apricus and they said it's out of warranty, too bad. Do not buy this piece of junk from them. Would give zero stars if I could.

Purchased in November 2018.

Kmears

KmearsHunter Region, NSW

Apricus install the hot water system then you never hear from them until you ring and ask about your warranty..

Then they tell you you’ve voided your warranty by not getting the valves checked at 5 years. Where’s the after sales service? If they know your hot water tank will blow, why don’t they make that part of their service? There is no service or care factor. Won’t be purchasing from these people again. Oh and the emails don’t through, the warranty form they never receive, they don’t answer any phone calls until you press 1 for accounts!

Purchased in December 2012 for $3,500.00.

TRIED IT BUT GOING BACK TO DUX

Lived in same house for 30 years - Dux Hot Water System lasted 21 years! Apricus System lasted 9 years! Warranty 10 years but not honoured. You judge for yourself. We're going back to Dux.

Purchased in February 2010 for $4,500.00.

PhilSouth East Queensland, QLD

Conceptually good but quality of product is so poor and warranty not backed up

I have had this system for nine years now. When it works it is good. The evacuated tubes seem very effective even in colder months. However the build quality is very poor and accordingly it does not work a lot of the time. It failed in the first few days after installation. Since then I have had three pumps, 2 controllers, tubes sliding out of their fittings and now the cylinder is leaking. When I have tried to claim under warranty they come up with all sort of conditions to avoid repairing it.

Purchased in June 2010 for $5,200.00.

Heidi

HeidiHunter Region, NSW

Would not recommend to purchase

For a family of four, this tank has been nothing but trouble, limited warranty and the amount of items that has gone wrong is not acceptable from a 4 year old item. I totally agree with all the bad reviews and the customer service line is not much better, they are rude and I dont believe that it is true solar if the booster needs to be continuously on. Unfortunately you need a qualified plumber to fix anything that is out of warranty period, and they are few and far between and charge like wounded bulls. I would expect a new item to not have had so much go wrong with it it the first 4 years, quite a considerable amount of repairs within the 1st year (thank god that was covered under warranty). Good Luck is all I can say.

Purchased in August 2015.

Household Size4 person(s)

JimMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A waste of time and money !!

I bought a 250lt / 22 tube unit, all were installed by an Apricus recommended Licensed Plumber with the installation inspected by the Apricus supervising plumber within the first 12 months. I have had nothing but trouble with these units and recently submitted a warranty claim as the manifold has developed a leak (4 years old). Now I'm informed my warranty is void because both plumbers who inspected the units had not insulated the connection to the manifold. Apricus is a complete waste of time and money.

Purchased in September 2015 at Reece for $3,460.00.

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Thank you for your review Jim. It is outlined within the Apricus installation manual that insulation is required all the way to the manifold casing. This is required especially in frost prone areas.

Sharon K.

Sharon K.

No hot water in four years

Has only worked for a short time after tubes wete replaced.
System does not work in cold weather regardless of of sunshine.
Booster does not work.
It has never been hot enough to wash up.
There was a bad lot of tubes around the time of purchase.
Almost nothing is under warranty I really wish I had read these reviews before I bought this piece of junk.
Company I purchased from were going out of business and wouldn't return my calls.
I am interested in class action
Also fair trading

Purchased in November 2014 for $4,000.00.

Karlo

KarloKerang

Bad choice

Had a unit for less than 2 years and controller has already gone. Looked them up and they say upto 15 year warranty. Be warned this is a hav! Now im up for $500 for a new controller. I dont believe its ever worked properly looking at my gas bill. At times in business we have to except th hat our products are not upto std and then we fix and everyone wins. These guys are out of touch with warranty and would not recommend to anybody.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

See all Apricus Solar Hot Water System reviews

John T.

John T.asked

Solar Hot Water System

Is there an expected life for the heat transfer paste that conducts the heat from the evacuated tubes to the manifiold? The only info that I can find suggests a maximun of 8 years effective life from the best quality paste. My 30 tube system has been in service since 2006 and after two defective tubes replaced, the system is not performing anything like it was in the first 5 years.

Hi John,

Thank you for your enquiry. We would recommend contacting our warranty team on warranty@apricus.com.au to discuss this matter further. We can have you run diagnostic tests on your system or suggest a service agent to determine whether your heat pipes are working effectively.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Liam

Liamasked

315ltr Tank

Who manufactures the water heaters - 315ltr

Hi Liam,

Thank you for your question. It depends which tank you are referring to. Our Glass-lined tanks are made by DUX whilst our stainless steal tanks are manufactured by Wise Living or Wilson.

Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 277 428 if you have any further queries.

Kind regards,

Liam

Liamasked

315ltr Tank

What is the brand of water heater?

Hi Liam,

All of our tanks are branded as Apricus, however please see our answer above in relation to our manufacturers. All of our manufacturers are based here in Australia.

Kind regards,

See all Apricus Solar Hot Water System questions

Get an answer from our members and Apricus representatives

Compare all 3 Apricus Solar Hot Water System