April and Oak

April and Oak

1.4

Lucy

LucySydney, NSW

Horrible customer service and online ordering experience

I order a rug which was listed online as in stock with a delivery timeframe of 3-5 working days for Sydney metro areas. 7 weeks later, I have no rug. The company has been unable to confirm a delivery timeframe for weeks, they keep promising that the rug will be dispatched “next week” and nothing happens, and there is no follow up on their end. This item is simply not on its way to me and now they are stalling on my cancellation and refund. I have never bought an item from a company that seems to have no idea and no control over when it’s items will be delivered to its customers - I would never use this company again.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Therese

ThereseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing communication

Purchased a large floor rug 3 March which was unsuitable; after several emails and an anxious wait it was returned on 30 March. Communicating with this company is impossible - no telephone contact, email only! After emailing 4 times, texted twice and only after threatening to go to the Office of Fair Trading did I receive a response regarding the refund which was received on 30 April.

Pat

PatHunter Region, NSW

Nothing is as described or as per photos on their website

Rug was smaller than specified on website, response was they have a disclaimer claiming that there is a difference of 3cm allowable. Difference must of been 3cm smaller on all 4 sides!

Ordered a coffee table stool that looked great and well detailed with wood insert for nearlly $200. When arrived looked cheap, would of happily paid $50, not $200. Wood was on top and not inserted as per the pic. They responded I could send them a pic and THEY will determine what is reasonably different to "as described" and if they determine that it is, then I could exchange it.

Bottom line. Never again!

Absolutely awful

We spent $1,000 on a kitchen table with April & Oak. It arrived completely broken. We initially contacted them for a refund, to which they said they would look into a courier to pick it up. After 2 weeks with no response we chased them up. We left multiple voicemails and emails for them to contact us for how to proceed, they never got back to us and have essentially cut off contact.
We are now out $1000 with an unusable table that we cannot return. Absolutely terrible experience. Do not buy from these people.

I highly recommend this company

After reading a lot of bad reviews I contacted them online, Lisa got back to me almost immediately. She reassured me that the majority of the complaints were unfounded. I ordered 5 rugs (order #000019453) and paid with PayPal. It took 2 weeks between ordering and delivery, I love my new rugs, the quality is just as advertised and they were cheaper than any other site, I would buy from them again and I have recommended them to my friends.

Mary

MaryCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Scammers. These guys need to be sued

Very disappointed.

Never will i ever buy from these guys.
Over 4 months waiting for my delivery.
I feel like crying.
Am chasing after my refund.

Trisha

TrishaSydney, NSW

Worried at first, but turned out great

I ordered a rug off their website as it was cheaper compared to Temple and Webster and was identical. Then logged on and saw bad reviews and was very concerned that I got scammed but they emailed me when the item was shipped and it arrived within 5 business days in great condition. I'm really happy with it and feel bad for doubting them.

Irina

IrinaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They lost my order

Order 000017738 was made on 3d Feb. Part of it arrived arrived on time. The bigger and most expensive part hasn't arrived still!!! One month !!! It's been 1 month!!! Their customer service doesn't operate on phone, they reply email with something like "we are waiting for a response from our supplier". That's it. They don't offer any solutions, just make you wait. For how long more?? Most frustrating online shopping experience.
NEVER EVER BUY AGAIN!!

Tania M.

Tania M.South East Queensland, QLD

SCAMMERS!!! Do not touch them. A.C.C.C CONTACTED!

This company is nothing more than scammers. I placed my order last year and am yet to speak to a real person. Dodgy email and texts only. Rude and aggressive, and almost an entitled attitude. I organised return of my goods for a refund and after blaming multiple delivery companies for not picking up I mentioned taking them to court. Within 10 mins a Couriers please van arrived and scanned the box and left (all on security camera). Via text message I was then told the pick up had been cancelled and they didn’t know where the return was. Now they have my money and the lights. Just scammer scum. There should be a zero star rating these scum are not worth even one star.
A.C.C.C CONTACTED!

Lindsay Illawarra, NSW

Still waiting!

You buy in good faith that products actually turn up! But alas, not the case!
I ordered a Xmas gift on the 12th November. Being an Australian company I expected that it would arrive before Xmas.
I’ve chased up quite a few times to be told that it’s on its way on the 1st Feb.
It is now the 18th Feb, and still no delivery.
This is nothing short of theft! Took my money and no items delivered!
Source your items from another seller!
Shame on you April&Oak!

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Lindsay

I was refunded my money. After a bit of to’ing and fro’ ing. Thank you April&Oak for actioning.

The Worst Company I have ever dealt with

This has been without doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with for customer service and product quality and unforgivably they are based in Sydney as am I. I have had automated responses, delays, commitments broken and poor quality products. Please take heed and do NOT order from them. My next step is consumer affairs.

faye

fayeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not customer service

Ordered a mirror on 2nd December, have been chasing order every since, no response to my calls or emails , just automated service, with not explanation, up until 2 weeks ago. A person called [Name Removed] if there is such a person, said I would receive goods a week ago. I think I have been scammed, don't buy anything of these people, I will be contacting consumer affairs, where's the Aussie spirit looking after your Aussie customers it's crap.

Lachlan D.

Lachlan D.

Take your money and stuff you around. 0 stars

I won't buy from them again. They have stuffed up our delivery and I have spent a week trying to contact them but only get automated text messages and never a response. Absolutely appalling service once they have your money they have 0 care for you.

Maria

Maria

Never again

Purchased an item in Nov, never heard from them in more than a month, started to chase my order before Christmas and got different responses that it was sent then it was never collected, asked for refund and they didn't reply. Finally item arrived package all damaged in mid January. Didn't collect it with return to sender and I never heard back from them. Neither have I received the refund. I wish I had read the reviews before placing the order.

Do not waste your time or money

I purchased two bedside tables two month ago, received no order number or update- am yet to receive an order number still. Have contacted April and Oak by phone and email numerous times with no response. After threatening to take it further I was sent an extremely rude response from customer service agent Anna who told me I had to wait until she contacted the manufacturer. Again its now been weeks with no response.

Disgraceful

Terrible

I ordered 2 small stools for my bathroom, after waiting almost a month for my items to turn up they were both wrong, I emailed and let them know about this (attached photos) and received a rude response back and not being listened too. Will never shop here again and I advise unless you want to wait almost a month for your products to turn up to be wrong please save your money and shop somewhere else.

Sophie

SophieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don’t believe everything you read on here!

Jodi

JodiNortheast, VIC

They need to be shut down

Ordered on the 2nd of Jan and items still haven’t been dispatched. I needed a desk quite urgently and they were in stock and ready to be sent. I ended up buying other furniture as well. They’re not answering their phone so I did a bit of digging. They’re notorious for being unreachable, taking money, and not filling orders. I doubt they will respond to my email enquiries and unfortunately I paid via Afterpay who believe they have no responsibility when it comes to order fulfilment and will continue to take my money. Despite this I have contacted them withe the details and if they don’t return my money I will be contacting ASIC.

Kait

KaitSydney, NSW

3 and a half months later no bassinet

Ordered a bassinet mid September was told it would arrive early December after they experienced some delays only after I emailed them and now it’s late december, 3 and half months later and no email with an update and no bassinet. I had my baby early November. Emailed, no response. Called and left a message. Now waiting for a refund. Beyond a joke.

Tania M.

Tania M.asked

You all need to join forces and contact A.C.C.C. These scammers need to be stopped!

Tiffany

Tiffanyasked

Do not buy from this company! I placed an order online one month ago and still have not received any shipping details. I have emailed multiple times and their phone number is a "pretend hotline", which always says "their customer service team are busy right now so please leave a message" so no one has to physically talk to you. Luckily I paid for the item using Paypal so I have lodged my own claim with paypal to get a refund. Very disappointing for an Australian company.

Caitlin
Caitlin

I called about 100 times in one day which sends you a direct generic text massage which I “texted” over 100 times. Be persistent and they eventually called me back and submitted a refund.

Rohan

Rohanasked

Shocking customer service. Order placed for two paintings, 10 days go by and received zero email confirmation. Phone calls made and no answer, email sent and finally get a reply back saying my purchase has been Picked.. what ever the hell that means it will be packed and sent sometime soon.
Over 2 weeks have gone by and again zero correspondence. I have asked them to send item by end of week of refund $ that has been sent.

CategoryFurniture Shops