Aprilia SR 50 R

Aprilia SR 50 R

See the Best Scooters in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Aprilia? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.4
  • Mileage 1,000 km
  • Braking
  • Acceleration / Power
  • Comfort
Bill W
Bill WAU

Do not buy!!!

Purchased in August 2018 for $2,800.00.

do not buy

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

Other Scooters

It's not just any old 50cc scooter

If u wanna get a 50cc to go fast.... This is the machine. I was very surprised of what this thing was capable of, after it was derestricted. Work done:
Washer taken off gearband, gold plate carb restricter taken off, and a Leo Vince' pipe derestricted with new clutch rollers, springs and weights. I weigh 100kgs, 80 kph all day long.... No sweat.

Scooters

Find out how Aprilia SR 50 R compares to other Scooters

HaribolmanGold Coast
  • Selected Review

You'll be amazed how well a 50cc scooter can perform!

Emery
Emeryasked

what fuel economy is expected from a 2013 SR50MT (air cooled). as I am only getting about 65klm from a 7 litre tank. Yes I have a Leo Vince exhaust and a bigger carby but This scooter drinks more than my V6 ute and a hell of a lot more than my 400cc dirt bike? I was expecting about 150 - 200k per tank. Is this normal?

Bill W
Bill Wasked

I bought it about 5 months ago. In the second month alone, I found a lot of problems. The exhaust pipe emits a lot of smoke, the noise is very big, it is difficult to start... but when I find the dealer At that time, he told me that he had no other way than to send the smoked video to the manufacturer, and he said that he thought that there should be no big problem, but a new scooter always took the initiative when it started. The smoke lasted for nearly 7 minutes, and I don't think it can be said to be normal. At that time, I asked if I could return or replace a car. He told me that it was absolutely impossible. At the time, he said that he sent the video to the manufacturer's representative, but three months later, there was no information to reply to me.

Now this scooter is parked in the backyard of my house. It only takes a few days to start. It is very difficult to start again. I have to spend a long time to get out of sweat.

Craig
Craigasked

Regarding an engine rebuild after 20,000 kms. Is this expensive?

Haribolman

Being an Italian bike, you can expect a rebuild to be expensive. Budget for at least $1,000 - $1,500.

CategoryScooters and Learner Approved Bikes