Aptamil AllerPro Syneo

Aptamil AllerPro Syneo

1.8

• Breastfed Child Yes (13%) · No (88%)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (100%) · No (0%)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (80%) · No
Rack

RackSydney, NSW

Worked for milk allergy but made baby constipated

My baby has a milk allergy and found this worked for his milk allergy however made him really constipated. I tried 3 tins thinking I should give it time but only made things worse for him. It also doesn’t taste very good compared to other brands.

Purchased in September 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$36.00.

Breastfed Child Yes
Caused Unease / Sickness Yes

Original Allerpro was great - Allerpro Syneo has been really bad.

We used Aptamil allerpro without any problems at all. Baby has cows milk protein allergy and soy allergy and symptoms all settled down on the original Allerpro formula. Since the company has swapped to Syneo, our baby no longer tolerates the formula - cramps, diarrhoea and mucous. We've had to go onto a prescription formula (Alfamino) and she's thriving again. Interestingly the chemist has said they have had very similar feedback and that Allerpro Original used to sell out all the time, now the Syneo formula seems to be causing similar problems to what we have seen.

Purchased in February 2020 at MumStore for A$29.00.

Mrs K
Mrs K
Marcela

Marcela

AWFUL !!

Tried for my 13 week old as he’s been presenting cows milk intolerance and has GORD. He wouldn’t finish the feed as he did not like taste at all and refluxed it up straightaway. When speaking to Nurticia about this they suggested putting golden syrup - a tsp - to help get him used to the taste. I chose not and switched him to Novalac Allergy which is rice based. He took to it straight away and has been more settled since.

Bowel movements following day were green, awful smelling (rotten egg) and very gassy. Now that rice milk has kicked in, poos returned to normal.

Other reviews accurate based on our experience.

Purchased in July 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$36.00.

Baby Formulas

Find out how Aptamil AllerPro Syneo compares to other Baby Formulas

Faith B.

Faith B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Really work for my son.

Purchased in April 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$37.00.

Prefer Aptamil Allerpro over Syneo

My feedback is similar to others. My son was fine on Aptamil Allerpro. Since the change to Syneo he has been reacting with runny poos and upset tummy. We much prefer the old formula. I’m also not sure where to go from here. Any chance you can reintroduce Allerpro without the syneo?

Purchased in February 2020 for A$35.00.

Nutricia CarelineAptamil

I am sorry about your son's reaction to Aptamil Allerpro Syneo. Please give the Careline a call on 1800 438 500 so that we can help you further.
Lucie - Careline Midwife

Shelley

ShelleyNorth Queensland, QLD

Perfect until changed to syneo

After trying many formulas that did not suit and being diagnosed with a mild CMA i started using aptamil allerpro and my baby was very happy. Once changed to syneo my baby now has severe reflux and is constantly screaming in pain. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Purchased in December 2019 at MumStore by Nutricia for A$35.99.

Loredana M.

Loredana M.Sydney, NSW

Great formula, just not for us

Bub was diagnosed with a very mild cow's milk protein intolerance and this formula was recommended. It gave my son bad diarrhoea and the worst smelling gas ever!! He was so miserable and cranky on this. I'm sure it is a fantastic formula however it just didn't suit my son.

Purchased in November 2019 at MumStore by Nutricia for A$35.99.

Nutricia CarelineAptamil

Hi Loredana, the Allerpro is not suitable for all babies' needs so please call us on 1800 438 500 if you need help in choosing the best option for your wee boy- kind regards, Hilary Reg.Nutritionist

Ashley

AshleySydney, NSW

The change hasnt helped

We were told to use the allepro gold +.
Baby was fine on it and starting to do really well. Then a week into the new syneo and his vomiting has gotten a lot worse and hes back to crunching over in discomfort after feeds.
Not happy.

Purchased in November 2019.

Nutricia CarelineAptamil

Hi Ashley, sorry to hear your little one is not doing so well on the Alelrpro Syneo upgrade. Please give us a call at the Nutricia Careline for more help 1800438500

See all Aptamil AllerPro Syneo reviews

KWO

KWOasked

My baby has been on Allerpro Gold and has been fine and we have just switched to Allerpro Syneo a couple of days ago and stools now have lots of mucous like she is reacting to the cows milk protein again. She has also just started vomiting which she never did before. If this is merely a reaction to the formulation changes then how long should it take to subside?

Nutricia CarelineAptamil

Hi, digestive changes due to a formulation change can take a few days to settle down. Please contact us at the Careline and we can assist you further. Phone number is 1800438 500
Kind regards, Lucie Midwife

KJS

KJSasked

Hello,
Same as lots of people on the above, my 14month girl has been fine on Aptimil Allerpro...but since it change to Syneo she has had dirrohea that is very mucousy and i am worried and not sure where to go from here.

Nutricia CarelineAptamil

Hi there, the Aptamil Gold + Allerpro has been updated to contain Syneo - a unique synbiotic blend (a combination of prebiotics and a probiotic which work together) which assists with balancing the gut flora of food allergic infants. Aptamil Allerpro Syneo stages 1-3 also have an increased level of Omega 3 DHA and Omega-6 AA. There are also minor formulation changes to some of the vitamins and minerals for Aptamil Allerpro Syneo. Some babies and toddlers are more sensitive to these changes and will take some time to adjust. Please contact us on 1800 438 500 or 0800 438 500 if you need more help. Kind regards, Hilary, Reg.Nutritionist

EmilyC19
EmilyC19

My 7 month old son has been exactly the same. I was so worried. Explosive diarrhoea going on 9 days. About 6-8 Nappies a day, green mucus poo. I’ve ordered stools samples to check for infections, swab tests and urine sample and all come back clear. The only change has been the Syneo! I’ve tried to call the hotline numerous times and it says the mobile is not connected??
I have no idea what formula to try and the old stock is impossible to find.

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Emily, if your mobile plan does not allow you to ring 1800 numbers, please contact us via LiveChat from the Nutricia Careline website (https://nutriciacareline.com.au/). We are available from AEST 7.30am to 4.30pm. We are very happy to discuss with you what is happening with baby and how we can best support you. Warm regards, Caroline - Careline Nutritionist

Amelia H.

Amelia H.asked

Can I add thickener to this to assist with how thin it is as my son has started vomiting on the new product but didn’t on the old one.

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Amelia, yes, you can certainly add Aptamil Feed thickener to an allergy formula- it doesn't contain any diary products ( use with caution if your baby has anaphylactic reactions). Start by adding about 1/2 scoop to every 100mls of formula and adjust as needed. Depending on how long your baby has been using the new Allerpro Syneo, the vomiting could also be part of transition and if this is the case, should settle in a week or two. Please let us know if you need any more help. Regards- Hilary, Reg.Nutritionist

Get an answer from our members and Aptamil representatives