Aptamil Gold+ AllerPro

Aptamil Gold+ AllerPro

1, 2 and 3

This One Worked for Us

We were trying both Aptamil Gold+ AllerPro 2 and Nestle NAN Supreme 2 to feed our baby based on a recommendation from a dietian. Bubs was being weaned from another specialist formula and this was a test to see which one baby accepted better.

Aptamil Gold+ AllerPro appeared to work for our baby. Bubs was a lot less refluxy and didn't vomit/spit up as much on this formula. I'd recommend seeing a paediatrician or dietitian if you require more advice for your child's feeding needs as your experience and circumstances would be different from ours.

Baby is tube-fed and we had no problems mixing up the formula and pushing the feed down the pump.

Purchased in April 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $28.49.

Caused Unease / Sickness No

Baby finally thriving! So thankful for this!

Our poor Sweetie was not thriving on my breast milk. She had dropped from the 50th percentile at birth to the 9th percentile by 4 months on mummy's milk (with only a 400 gram gain in a month of exclusive breastfeeding/no supplementation). Despite everyone being dismissive, saying babies grow at different rates, she's probably just genetically smaller, don't supplement, it will make your supply worse, blah blah, she was constantly fussy and unhappy and I knew she needed supplementation. (As a side note, please trust your own instincts!) This was formula number three we tried. The other two, she either didn't like the taste or it made her unwell. This stuff is amazing and helped our daughter gain a whopping 600 grams in just two weeks (with just one bottle a day!) and she is now climbing back up the charts (20th percentile). I'm so grateful for this stuff. Not everyone has enough milk, so don't be afraid to supplement if you feel your baby needs it. It's made a huge difference for us! Only wish I'd done it sooner.

Purchased in May 2019 at Guardian Pharmacy Physical store for $30.00.

Breastfed Child Yes
Caused Unease / Sickness No

The only formula that helped our reflux baby

Our now 5.5 month old baby had really bad reflux as soon as he was born. We were doing mixed feeding and I had purchased an organic goats milk from Germany that we thought would be more easy to digest but unfortunately it wasn’t sitting well with him and our local GP told us to put him on a thickener. This was in hindsight the worst decision to have made, as within a couple of days he was covered in really red pimples all over his face. We decided to switch formula over to Oli6 and this didn’t help either. We even tried Nan Comfort based on peoples reviews here regarding their reflux babies, but after two hours of the feed he was screaming his head off.

Our GP had told us to try him on a dairy free formula, so we headed off to Chemist Warehouse and luckily the lady who was stocking the formula shelves had a little boy who was going through the exact same thing as ours. She told me that her paediatrician had put her son on the prescription only formula, and told her that if she was ever unable to get the prescription filled to purchase the Aptamil Allerpro as it was the closest thing to the prescription formula but you didn’t need to get a script for. I purchased this and we haven’t looked back.

We then took him to a paediatrician as a last resort of getting rid of the reflux altogether in hopes of getting Losec. He gave us two types of the prescription only formula to try. We used the Aptamil one first, and he did say that sometimes because these are so broken down in the protein that it can have the reverse effect and actually upset the baby’s stomach even more, which it did. We didn’t bother trying the other brand and it was due to expire a week later so we didn’t worry about it. So sticking with the non prescription Aptamil Allerpro is what we’ve done.

I’ve read reviews about getting vented bottles that would help with the amount of air being taken in which would possibly settle his reflux as well, so I bought the Dr Browns bottles. These bottles, in conjunction with the Aptamil Allerpro, have been a godsend and we continue to buy this formula. Anyone who has a baby with reflux should look at using the Dr Brown’s vented bottles, just a caution, the reservoir tube and insert need to be replaced, from our experience, within a couple of months or you end up with leaky bottles.

We noticed about a month ago that this formula was suddenly extremely difficult to find at chemist warehouse. They have just restocked them and today I noticed that they have change the wording on the new tins so they must’ve wanted to get rid of every last can of the old style before sellers could restock the new tin. This was really frustrating because we didn’t know what formula we would put him on if we couldn’t get a hold of this formula again.

It’s hard to find the right formula for each baby as they’re so individual, so this is just our experience.

Purchased in May 2019 for $29.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness No

Baby has taken to it well

With all new things, took a few tries to transition our newborn onto this. Am using this as top ups when there is insufficient breastmilk supply. Initially, baby used to make a face and spit, however has not gotten used to it. Easy to prepare, smells reasonable, no adverse reaction and no problems with baby taking this. however have never seen it in store, apart from on Amazon and is pretty pricy.

Purchased in March 2019 at Amazon for $27.00.

Breastfed Child Yes
Caused Unease / Sickness No

Has helped bub. But the smell...!!!

Baby was on Aptimil Gold before we encountered blood in her stool. Paediatrician recommended Allerpro. We had a shocking time at first because we didn’t realise we had to slowly transition her from one formula to the other. This process took a couple of weeks.

No more bloody stools and baby seems much more settled, but boy does she stink! Her breath, her wees and poos all smell terrible. It’s a rotten egg smell. I’m not sure whether it means it’s not entirely agreeing with her.

Baby spits up rarely & I’ve noticed it’s been quite watery since the switch. Reasonable value for money, but quite hard to find in stores.

Purchased in May 2019.

Caused Unease / Sickness No

The ONLY formula for allergy prone babies

we had to switch to this formula at 6 weeks because of suspected food allergies
Easy to prepare, smells and tastes much better than other formulas, available at chemists and special stores
Formula is gassy, baby was not taking much initially, slowly we increased the quantity by 10 mls, worked!

Excellent but can t barely put my hands on a tin

Our pediatrician advice us to give this one to our son due to ongoing issues. But we realised it wasn t easy to have our hands on just one tin as most shelves were empty. So it was endless call to most chemist around the city to see if they could keep us one aside. We were glad to be avle to switch his milk as soon as he felt better.

Good for my baby

Backstory - My older child had diagnosed CMPI (Cow's Milk Protein Intolerance) and was put on prescription Aptamil Pepti Juniour.

My younger child was showing signs of CMPI when I consumed milk while breastfeeding. At almost 6 months old, I was ready to move him onto formula and chose this, based on the recommendation of the early childhood health nurse.

Child accepted it immediately, and I was relieved. He seems to be thriving on it. He had a mild neck rash in the beginning, but that has resolved. The follow-on formula (step 2) seems to contain more sugar and fish oil, so do your research before you move onto it.

The formula is very easy to prepare. It dissolves easily in warm water and bottles are easy to wash out. It certainly tastes much better than the prescription formula (extensively hydrolysed) that I had to use before!c

It's good.

My younger child was showing signs of CMPI when I consumed milk while breastfeeding. At almost 6 months old, I was ready to move him onto formula and chose Allerpro Step 1, based on the recommendation of the early childhood health nurse.

Child accepted it immediately, and I was relieved. He has moved onto Step 2 and is continuing to do well. The follow-on formula (step 2) seems to contain more sugar and fish oil, so do your research before you move onto it.

Not for our baby

Have tried several different formulas for our baby girl thought this one might be the hit but doesn’t agree with her at all. Has smelly farts, smelly poos, bad wind pain in severe pain 2 hours after feeding.
My baby girl has bad colic and reflux this made things worse for her

We love this formula!

Can’t lraise this formula enough. After many formulas not helping my daughters colic or reflux this was a life saver. Really helped her become a more settled and happy bubba. Was like any other formula to prepare. Bubs drank it straight away with no fuss on the taste.
Take this formula into serious consideration.

Good for Bub but causing lots of regurgitation

Formula is easy to prepare. Bub took to the taste well. Noticeable difference in my child within a few days and within a week everyone said his skin looks much clearer and he looks much happier. Only down side is this formula makes him extremely spewy and it has not settled.

highly recommend

I've tried 10 other name brand formulas which resulted in more constapation, reflex or diarrhoea. this was a last resort for me and suprisngly it was a hit. my son loved it (despite the odd smell) it alleviated 99% of his symptoms, he put on weight healthily and it was easy to prepare, mix and most importantly clean from the bottles, unlike some other brands I've tried which left the bottles greasy afterwards. highly recommend

Thankyou allerpro

My baby is cmpi and struggled to find a good easy formula that works well for him. Allerpro is easy to use, smells and tastes better than some we tried and Bub likes it. We found that it is a little thin so bub was spitting up a bit but we reduced his bottle size and he eats more frequently.

How long it long after ithe formula is made ; it’s last 2 hrs. Or 1 hr

It’s really gud works out very well for my son,I m using number 2 at the moment once the formula is made how long does it last , also can I use the formula to make smoothies or in rice cereal etc.
As it’s my first bAby I m always worried and wants to make sure before I give it to him.

We recommend you use the made up milk within one hour. Yes you can use it in smoothies, baking and mixed with solids. Make up as a liquid milk first and then use as you would fresh milk. Nutricia Careline.

Great stuff

Our child is intolerant to cow’s milk and any soy protein. When given cow milk products or soy protein the stools will change consistency and will take on an acidic odour (similar to vomit... nice). Feeding our son this product results in normal stools. He’s happy and Mum is relieved. A suggestion for anyone have a tough time sourcing it at retail chemists would be to buy from Mumstore (online). It’ll save you trapsing all over town trying to find it.

Saved my baby

My 15 week old was not gaining weight from breast feeding so I have had to top him up with formula. He was miserable and very unsettled and we ended up at the paediatrician who told me to top him up with formula I started him on aptimil pro futura and he became very congested.
I then changed to aptimil allerpro as I also suspected a dairy intolerance/allergy and it was the best decision I made. Allergies run in the family, I am lactose intolerant and I suffer with allergies and hayfever. My 7year old was a colicky baby and has allergies as well so it was an easy decision to change to allerpro
It has been 2 days since we started him on it and he is such a happy baby. Congestion is getting better as well.

So far so good!

We have a family history of allergies to cows milk protein, goats milk too it would seem. My 4 month old enjoyed it straight away (cried for more) very easy to prepare, we've only used it as a top up for 1 day (1 full night feed) and he's been very relaxed and next to no spewing!! Can't wait to see how he is overnight!

Lufesaver for my bub who has milk protein allergy

We decided to give this one a go As a last resort before having to go towards prescription formula after various formula trials. This has been a lifesaver. His poos are back to normal, no more wheeziness, eczema cleared up and less tummy problems. It is alot easier to prepare compared to novalac allergy and his poos arent as foul smelling on this one.

It is also priced reasonably well. The only issue is that it is extremely hard to find them. Alot of chemists never have any in stock. Im thankful my chemist lets me bulk up on them when they do have them in stock as bub really needs it.

Mixes well and no bubbles.

I'm 8 weeks into motherhood, and as we all know nothing ever goes how you plan!
My plan was to breastfeed my boy, but turns out my boobies don't work very well.
Whilst I was having one of my home midwife checks, the midwife said I needed to put my son on formula asap as he wasn't gaining enough weight - my mother in law was over at the time and offered to pick some up for me. My midwife said it didn't matter which formula to use so she advice my MIL to just grab whatever.
My MIL's children all had allergies when they were babies, so she grabbed this formula - my son doesn't actually have any allergies but its a good precaution.

I've really liked it, I like that the formula is really thin, theres never an issue with mixing the formula and there's never any air bubbles. I tried A2 formula once and found it didn't mix as smoothly and bubbles formed and took forever to pop away.

It being so thin doesn't seem to have impacted my bubs much, he still gets full and is gaining weight very well!

He does get a bit spewy but I don't think that's got anything to do with the formula, I think he's just a spewy baby.

I'm happy with it :)

Hi, I have been dairy free and breastfeeding for my second baby as my first boy had a CMPI. I’m finding bub number 2 is having the same trapped wind etc that my first boy had. He’s very uncomfortable and upset until he passes all of the wind. It will wake him as he is in pain and may only sleep 10-20mins at a time. Other sleeps can be longer if he has no wind. I have a tin of Aptimal Pepti junior still in date from my first boy, would it be safe to try on my second Bubs? Or could it do more harm than good? Thanks, Kate
Call your GP. Adding formula could mess with your supply. Best to do it under supervision <3Hi Kate, Thank you for your question. In order to provide helpful information, we need to know more about your baby. Please give us a ring on our toll-free number (1800 438 500 or 0800 438 500) and one of our professional members (dietitians/nutritionists/midwives) will be happy to assist you. Warm regards, Saskia- Nutricia Careline

My doctor suggested we try this formula as she was in pain, non stop crying and generally very unsettled. She has been on it now for almost 3 weeks and although she is alot happier, she is really gassy and at times it makes her very uncomfortable. Also, every poo is like water, no substance to it whatsoever, but she is still crying trying to pass it. We are seeing the dr again on Tuesday but is gas and watery stools normal/common for this formula?
Hi. Exactly the Same here. Allerpro for 10 days now. We get one poo a day but you can’t forget it. It is everywhere! Extremely liquid. Strong smell. The whole lot. And same lots and lots of winds. However she seems much happier and settled. We give her infant friend to help with winds. It seems to be working. Tummy time is quite good for that too. And making small circles clockwise with her legs. If you have any tips from your end, feel free to share !If you're finding that she still gassy and unsettled, I would recommend taking her to a paediatrician. My first child had CMPI and needed to go on Aptamil Pepti Junior, which is an extensively hydrolysed formula and only available with a prescription. My younger child is on Allerpro and doing fine. No gas. The poo smell took some time to get used to, but he's fine on it. Just normal formula-poo consistency. There's no harm in pushing the doctor for more. Follow your gut. I regret not pushing earlier for my first child. 4 months of screaming, only 15-min sleeps, gassy, watery, explosive poos etc... Until one day there was blood in his stool. Everyone tells you "babies cry, it's normal", without realising the extent of how bad it is. I hope you find solutions.Hi, was your first child not able to tolerate aptimal allepro?

Did anyone's bub experience tummy upset directly after switching to this and if so how long before it settled down?
I found some relief for bub soon after I switched to this. However a paediatrician advised me that it can take up to 3 weeks for you to see a difference. Frustrating I know!!! However, there is a number careline number on the tin for allerpro (and all nautrica products - I think that's how it's spelt) and they have all sorts of people who are in the health professional girls ready to help with lots of answers. They can tell you lots of advice and double check allerpro is right for your bub. Wish you the best. XHi Nikki I’m finding my Bub has severe tummy issues on it. Did your buns settle down or did you change formula?

Gold+ AllerPro 1Gold+ AllerPro 2Gold+ AllerPro 3
Price (RRP) $29.99$29.99$29.99
AgeInfant (0-6 months)Follow-On (6-12 Months)Toddler (1+ year)
Stage123