Aptamil Gold+ AllerPro

Aptamil Gold+ AllerPro

1, 2 and 3

FiT

FiTSydney, NSW

Didn't work for either of my twins

This was suggested by our doctor for suspected CMPI. Both of my babies became very unsettled a few days in and it made their silent reflux much worse unfortunately. One has since returned to Aptimal Gold and the other moved on to Neocate. I had high hopes for this but 2/2 were unsuccessful. I hope others have more luck.

Purchased in August 2019.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes

Jay

JaySydney Surrounds, NSW

The formula made for our gassy baby

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $29.00.

John B

John BSydney, NSW

This One Worked for Us

We were trying both Aptamil Gold+ AllerPro 2 and Nestle NAN Supreme 2 to feed our baby based on a recommendation from a dietian. Bubs was being weaned from another specialist formula and this was a test to see which one baby accepted better.

Aptamil Gold+ AllerPro appeared to work for our baby. Bubs was a lot less refluxy and didn't vomit/spit up as much on this formula. I'd recommend seeing a paediatrician or dietitian if you require more advice for your child's feeding needs as your experience and circumstances would be different from ours.

Baby is tube-fed and we had no problems mixing up the formula and pushing the feed down the pump.

Purchased in April 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $28.49.

Andyis

Andyis

Baby finally thriving! So thankful for this!

Purchased in May 2019 at Guardian Pharmacy Physical store for $30.00.

AstrogirlSouth East Queensland, QLD

The only formula that helped our reflux baby

Purchased in May 2019 for $29.00.

LynL

LynLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Baby has taken to it well

With all new things, took a few tries to transition our newborn onto this. Am using this as top ups when there is insufficient breastmilk supply. Initially, baby used to make a face and spit, however has not gotten used to it. Easy to prepare, smells reasonable, no adverse reaction and no problems with baby taking this. however have never seen it in store, apart from on Amazon and is pretty pricy.

Purchased in March 2019 at Amazon for $27.00.

Sarina

SarinaPerth, WA

Has helped bub. But the smell...!!!

Baby was on Aptimil Gold before we encountered blood in her stool. Paediatrician recommended Allerpro. We had a shocking time at first because we didn’t realise we had to slowly transition her from one formula to the other. This process took a couple of weeks.

No more bloody stools and baby seems much more settled, but boy does she stink! Her breath, her wees and poos all smell terrible. It’s a rotten egg smell. I’m not sure whether it means it’s not entirely agreeing with her.

Baby spits up rarely & I’ve noticed it’s been quite watery since the switch. Reasonable value for money, but quite hard to find in stores.

Purchased in May 2019.

RegularPumpingMom

RegularPumpingMomNSW

The ONLY formula for allergy prone babies

we had to switch to this formula at 6 weeks because of suspected food allergies
Easy to prepare, smells and tastes much better than other formulas, available at chemists and special stores
Formula is gassy, baby was not taking much initially, slowly we increased the quantity by 10 mls, worked!

Alyssa

AlyssaSydney

Excellent but can t barely put my hands on a tin

Our pediatrician advice us to give this one to our son due to ongoing issues. But we realised it wasn t easy to have our hands on just one tin as most shelves were empty. So it was endless call to most chemist around the city to see if they could keep us one aside. We were glad to be avle to switch his milk as soon as he felt better.

Good for my baby

It's good.

Not for our baby

Have tried several different formulas for our baby girl thought this one might be the hit but doesn’t agree with her at all. Has smelly farts, smelly poos, bad wind pain in severe pain 2 hours after feeding.
My baby girl has bad colic and reflux this made things worse for her

Ciara C

Ciara CAU

We love this formula!

Can’t lraise this formula enough. After many formulas not helping my daughters colic or reflux this was a life saver. Really helped her become a more settled and happy bubba. Was like any other formula to prepare. Bubs drank it straight away with no fuss on the taste.
Take this formula into serious consideration.

Rebekah

RebekahKalgoorlie

Good for Bub but causing lots of regurgitation

Formula is easy to prepare. Bub took to the taste well. Noticeable difference in my child within a few days and within a week everyone said his skin looks much clearer and he looks much happier. Only down side is this formula makes him extremely spewy and it has not settled.

Kendall

Kendallchinchilla

highly recommend

I've tried 10 other name brand formulas which resulted in more constapation, reflex or diarrhoea. this was a last resort for me and suprisngly it was a hit. my son loved it (despite the odd smell) it alleviated 99% of his symptoms, he put on weight healthily and it was easy to prepare, mix and most importantly clean from the bottles, unlike some other brands I've tried which left the bottles greasy afterwards. highly recommend

Frances C

Frances CAU

Thankyou allerpro

My baby is cmpi and struggled to find a good easy formula that works well for him. Allerpro is easy to use, smells and tastes better than some we tried and Bub likes it. We found that it is a little thin so bub was spitting up a bit but we reduced his bottle size and he eats more frequently.

Tom

TomPerth

How long it long after ithe formula is made ; it’s last 2 hrs. Or 1 hr

It’s really gud works out very well for my son,I m using number 2 at the moment once the formula is made how long does it last , also can I use the formula to make smoothies or in rice cereal etc.
As it’s my first bAby I m always worried and wants to make sure before I give it to him.

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

We recommend you use the made up milk within one hour. Yes you can use it in smoothies, baking and mixed with solids. Make up as a liquid milk first and then use as you would fresh milk. Nutricia Careline.

Clint09

Clint09NSW, 2071

Great stuff

Our child is intolerant to cow’s milk and any soy protein. When given cow milk products or soy protein the stools will change consistency and will take on an acidic odour (similar to vomit... nice). Feeding our son this product results in normal stools. He’s happy and Mum is relieved. A suggestion for anyone have a tough time sourcing it at retail chemists would be to buy from Mumstore (online). It’ll save you trapsing all over town trying to find it.

Saved my baby

My 15 week old was not gaining weight from breast feeding so I have had to top him up with formula. He was miserable and very unsettled and we ended up at the paediatrician who told me to top him up with formula I started him on aptimil pro futura and he became very congested.
I then changed to aptimil allerpro as I also suspected a dairy intolerance/allergy and it was the best decision I made. Allergies run in the family, I am lactose intolerant and I suffer with allergies and hayfever. My 7year old was a colicky baby and has allergies as well so it was an easy decision to change to allerpro
It has been 2 days since we started him on it and he is such a happy baby. Congestion is getting better as well.

So far so good!

We have a family history of allergies to cows milk protein, goats milk too it would seem. My 4 month old enjoyed it straight away (cried for more) very easy to prepare, we've only used it as a top up for 1 day (1 full night feed) and he's been very relaxed and next to no spewing!! Can't wait to see how he is overnight!

Namita R.

Namita R.asked

Gold+ AllerPro 2

My 7 month old twins were on HA gold + but we recently moved to Allerpro 2 on the advice of our GP. However I am finding that they are getting hungry a lot quicker than before and wake up several times a night and have about 150ml each time. I noticed that the tin says 6-9 months is 240ml water and 8 scoops of formula but they can't have that quantity in one go. Help please!

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Namita, please call us at the Careline to talk through further. ph 1800438500

Laurenasked

Hello. We habe recently been advised to change to AllerPro for mixed feeding for suspected lactose intolerance. My infant is 3 months old, but we were only able to purchase a level 2 tin of formula. She will likely only be using it for 2-4 weeks with 1-2 formula feeds a day... is it ok to use the level 2 formula for this short amount of time? Thanks in advance:-)

Astrogirl

I’d probably give the company a call to confirm, or ask your GP or paediatrician. My mum was getting some of this for me a few weeks ago and the pharmacist said that it’s all a bit of a marketing ploy to have the three different levels, as when you look on the tin there’s a little bit less iron which is because at that point bub should be on to introducing solids which may include food rich in iron. Sometimes if the level two isn’t available, I’ll buy level one and my bub is eight months old. We switched him over about two months ago to level two and he had a bit more reflux than normal so we went back to one. We’ve only started him back on two about 3 weeks ago and he seems fine on it now.

Lauren

Thanks so much for your reply :-)

Stuart S.Aptamil

Hi there Lauren. The AllerPro Stage 2 does have a higher osmolality, meaning that it has more particles per ml of solution, so requires the kidneys to work harder. We would not suggest that a stage 2 formula milk was used for a baby under 6 months for this safety reason. It is however perfectly safe to use a stage 1 formula to provide the milk portion of an older babies diet without any concern, as the extra nutrients can be obtained from solid foods. The AllerPro has reduced lactose but is not lactose free.
Please feel free to call us directly on 1800 438500 (or live chat us on https://nutricia.com.au/early-life-nutrition/aptamil/expert-advice.html ) so that one of our Dietitians, Nutritionists or Midwives can give you personalised advice to help you find the best milk feed for your little one's current situation.
I hope that things improve soon.
Kristin, Careline Dietitian

Lili A.

Lili A.asked

Hello,

My 12 week old baby is now only drinking this formula. No longer breastfeed. She also has confirmed milk allergy.
She is tolerating the formula well, just when she passes wind it very very smelly.
Is this normal?

Astrogirl

If she is still doing her normal poos, sleeping okay and throughout the day seems normal, this would probably just be a reaction to the whey protein, as your little one has a confirmed milk allergy this is probably just a reaction to the casein in the formula. You could call 13HEALTH too and see what they say, or just bring it up when you go to see your doctor next for her next checkup or immunisations.

Get an answer from our members and Aptamil representatives

Aptamil Gold+ AllerPro 3

Aptamil Gold+ AllerPro 1

Aptamil Gold+ AllerPro 1

CategoryBaby FormulasBaby FormulasBaby Formulas
Price (RRP) $29.99$29.99$29.99
AgeToddler (1+ year)Follow-On (6-12 Months)Infant (0-6 months)
Stage321