Aptamil Gold+ AllerPro 1

Aptamil Gold+ AllerPro 1 Questions & Answers

36 questions from our users

Lauren P

Lauren Pasked

My 5.5 month old has been on a lot of formulas for reflux before we came to the conclusion that he had a milk intolerance. Changed to AllerPro 1 and have been on it for one week. He is generally happier and his vomiting has halved (he used to spew 5-6 times after each feed). However, now he is having large runny and sometimes stringy yellow poos that can often leak out his nappies. I double nappy him at night and it still leaks out and often goes straight through him as he drinks his bottle. Is this normal?
No one has given us a stool sample to confirm or deny the intolerance they just say ‘trial and error’. Any ideas on how I can settle his stomach? I also use thickener in his bottles to help with the vomiting (because again not 100% sure It’s a dairy intolerance, could also be reflux).
Needing advice. I’ve been to drs and paediatricians and they just say “it’s normal” BUT MY MUMS INSTINCT SAYS ITS NOT!

Stuart S.Aptamil

Hi Lauren, we are very happy to help you with advice for your baby so please call us on 1800 438 500 so we can ask some more questions to guide you better. Kind regards, Hilary, Reg Nutritionist

Nikki S

Nikki Sasked

Did anyone's bub experience tummy upset directly after switching to this and if so how long before it settled down?

Ciara C
Ciara C

I found some relief for bub soon after I switched to this. However a paediatrician advised me that it can take up to 3 weeks for you to see a difference. Frustrating I know!!!
However, there is a number careline number on the tin for allerpro (and all nautrica products - I think that's how it's spelt) and they have all sorts of people who are in the health professional girls ready to help with lots of answers. They can tell you lots of advice and double check allerpro is right for your bub.
Wish you the best. X

Ashley J.
Ashley J.

Hi Nikki I’m finding my Bub has severe tummy issues on it. Did your buns settle down or did you change formula?

Loan Nguyen

Loan Nguyenasked

Hi, my son 4 months old and now he still has breastfeeding. But I am going to work soon and I tried some brands fomula and after he drinks he always vomiting and some time he has rashes. Should I try Aptamin Gold+ AllerPro 1 for him? And do you have some samples so he can try?

Shhila

Shhilaasked

I have started this milk for my LO 3 days back . I found this milk too thin , my LO chokes so often on this . Is it safe to add one more scoops for 120mls instead of 4 spoon to 5 spoon?

Hev W

Hev Wasked

My little one is 5 months old and has always had mucus poo. I was recommended this formula, but from about 30 minutes after her first dose she has been horribly gassy and uncomfortable, and her colic symptoms are back through the night (had been gone for well over a month). Is this normal part of introducing this formula? It’s day 5 and I don’t think either of us can take it any longer.

Frances Casked

My Bub will be turning 6 months before we use all our stage one allerpro. Can they still have this formula a month or 2 later, so til 7/8months?

Clint09

We feed our daughter on stage 1 when we couldn’t source stage 2 and it was fine. If you’re concerned though it’s always a good idea to consult your paediatrician. Hope that helps.

Frances C

Thankyou, I find it hard to find stage 2 so it’s good to keep in mind. Did you check with your paed first

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Frances- a stage 1 formula is totally fine to use up to 12 months of age but if you are struggling to find the stage 2 Aptamil Allerpro, please give us a call so we can help you- kind regards Nutricia Careline team 1800 060 057

Dianne S

Dianne Sasked

Does the smell affect the formula like i mean taste as my son is refusing all bottles it stinks?

Clint09

Not sure I understand the question. If your question is whether the formula has an odour to it then my answer is no. I’ve tasted it and it does t take how I’d perceive normal milk to taste. If it helps, my wife was advised by our paediatrician to use this milk as I understand it has the cow protein that typically upsets babies tummies removed. Hope that helps. Feel free to ask any further questions. I’ll do my best to answer them.

Nikki J
Nikki J

Im not sure about the smell you talk of, however the formula does taste different to the stndard milk formulas on the market. It took a few bottles for my bub to get used to it as it wasnt as sweet and more bland however he hasnt had a problem since. It apparently is better than the prescription formulas which wouldve been our next step if this didnt work for bub.

Hi Dianne S,
Sorry to hear about your baby not liking the AllerPro formula milk. Please give us a ring on our toll-free number 1800 438500 and one of our nutritionists will be happy to talk you through what might help.

Kylie

Kylieasked

Bub has been on Allerpro for 5weeks now since being constipated and having a positive for blood in her stool and bad stomach cramping for hours. She now has very runny poo, extremely gassy and in pain but not as long as before but is now vomiting every bottle even 2hrs after a feed and very strong acidic. Paed said she is prob dairy intolerant but that was it. Do i change to Soy or lactose free or a dairy free rice based like Novolac???? HELP

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Kylie, sorry to hear baby has been struggling. Please contact us directly on nutriciacareline@danone.com or via www.aptanutrition.com.au (email/livechat) or 1800 438 500. Kind regards - Nutricia Careline

Becca

Hi same thing is happening with my 6 week old what advice did you end up getting

NicB

NicBasked

I have been given a sample tin of Aptamil AllerPro gold + for my son from my doctor but I just saw on the bottom of the tin it’s out of date i can’t use this now can I? or is it ok it’s like 6 months out of date?

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

No. You cannot use product that is past the use by date. Please give us a ring on 1800060057 and one of our Careline team will be happy to assist you.

Bridgette K

Bridgette Kasked

What kind of milk is the allpro gold ? Not cows or soy ? My daughter has been constipated on the HA gold but this formula is working a treat !

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Bridgette, really happy to hear it's working so well for your baby. This formula is 100% extensively hydrolysed (broken down) whey protein (cow's milk). Please emails/livechat through www.aptanutrition.com.au or call 1800 438 500 and I can explain more. Kind Regards - Nutricia Careline

Daisy

Daisyasked

Hi
Does the allerpro 1 & 2 taste the same?

Hi Daisy
The Aptamil Allerpro 1 & 2 taste the same. Please give us a ring on our toll-free number 1800 438 500 and one of our product specialists will be happy to assist you if you have further questions.

FARIA

FARIAasked

I started aptamil allerpro gold plus 1 for my 3 month old baby one week back as my paed recommended it for him. He was very unsettled and had very dry skin which prompted the paed to think that he might have allergic reaction to his previous formula milk. However,after starting this allerpro formula i noticed that my baby has dry red patches all over his body which he never used to have with the old formula.Moreover,he has very runny poop and he is very much gassy nowadays.He cries specially nighttime for several hours now.I am really confused now. My baby's overall symptoms become worse now.What should I do ?

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Faria, Sorry to hear that the Aptamil Allerpro is making symptoms worse for your little one. Please give us a ring on our toll-free number 1800 438 500 and one of our dietitians or nutritionists will be happy to assist you. We'll need to ask some more questions in order to determine what is going with your little one and to recommend then next step.

Candice

Candiceasked

Started my baby on this formula because she has silent reflux and the Paediatrician recommended it. However she has had a dirty nappy on every feed since. Pops are watery and yellow. Has anyone else found this? Is this normal? She used to be once, maybe twice a day

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Candice, are you able to contact us on 1800 438 500 or email/livechat through www.aptanutrition.com.au so we can help. Kind regards - Nutricia Careline

Becca

Same thing here!! Did you get any advice on as to why?

Laura

Lauraasked

I love this product its the only thing little one drinks! However we are going to the uk for 2 months soon and I cant seem to find it over there, whats the alternative?
Thanks in advance.
Laura

Kasey and Kodie

I’m not sure as I live in Australia but I know they don’t have allergy formulas over there

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Laura, are you able to contact us through www.aptanutrition.com.au (phone 1800 438 500, email or livechat). We can help find you an alternative for the UK. Kind regards - Nutricia Careline

Evelyn

Evelynasked

My Bub just turned 6 months and I had put her onto stage 2. She only drinking between 150-180ml each. Stage 2 indicates to make 210ml which is way too much for her to drink. Can I still make 150ml with stage 2? Are the scoop spoon the same size as stage 1? Such a waste of formula!

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Yes you can make the volume she wants to drink, the scoop is the same size. If you would like to discuss further please give us a ring on 1800060057 and one of our Careline team will be happy to assist you.

Kasey and Kodie

Yes you can make smaller amounts sorry for the late reply but as paramilitary has said the scoop is the same size :)

Lynette B

Lynette Basked

Is allerpro lactose and gluten free?
My 4 month son is allergic to cows milk protein and soy. He is also intolerant to lactose and gluten.
Many thanks
Lynette

Jess L
Jess L

Hi Lynette,

To the best of my knowledge this product DOES contain lactose so I don't think you should give it to your little one. You would need your paedeatrician to write you a prescription for neocate which is a special formula that is made up of amino acids only.

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Lynnette, Apatamil Allerpro is gluten free but does contain a reduced level of lactose. Please call our Careline for any further queries you may have 1800 438 500.

Chella

Chellaasked

Hi there I just want to find out. My bub has been dronking Aptimal gold 1 for a month and i havent noticed or put to much reafing into it. But i jave noticed after she feeds she starts to get cranky and bends forward like she might have cramps. She also brings a little up coyld this be an allergy? If so could I use aptimal allergy pro?

Hi Chella,
Sorry to hear that your little one is unsettled after a feed of Aptamil Gold+. Please give us a ring on our toll-free number 1800 438 500 and one of our dietitians or nutritionists will be happy to assist you.

Karena B
Karena B

Hello,
Yes my baby was very colicky and has reflux so the allerpro from my understanding is really broken down formula so much easier for their tummy to digest. You just need to remember when swapping formulas it can be a good few weeks before the results show and there may be more bad before good as the old formula gets flushed out we tried so many to get to one that works for her! Good luck

Tamlee

Tamleeasked

Hi there. I have a 5 month old bubba who is CONSTANTLY rubbing at her nose and eyes and forehead leaving awful scratches behind. This happens when tired and not tired. Could it be milk allergy related? She also has little red spots on her eyelids occasionally. She does get eczema. Should we change from the allerpro?

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi there Tamlee. Sorry to hear that your baby is still suffering with this irritation. Please give us a ring on our toll-free number 1800 438 500 and one of our dietitians will be happy to talk through your individual case to ensure that you all of the information that you need to make your best feeding decision.

Thanks Aptanutrition

Gem

Gemasked

When my Bub vomits it is watery looking. Is this normal? We have just changed from A2. Bub is more settled and no longer groaning with each feed.

Jenny B

Yes i find the same with this formula very watery spit ups

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi there Gem. There is a great variety of 'normal' but If you are still wanting to talk this through, please give us a ring on our toll free number 1800 438 500 so that one of our Dietitians or Nutritionists can give you the best personalised advice.
Thanks Aptanutrition

Mel.Casked

My daughter was put onto Allerpro after having blood in her stool. I've noticed she brings her milk up after every feed; when accidentally adding an extra scoop of formula I noticed she did not bring her milk up. My question, can I use a thickener with Allerpro and do I need to be aware of any animal/soy protein that might be in the thickener?

Jenny B

Not sure on that however i have found the hotline on the formula tin to b very helpful i rang them regarding a few of my own questions and they were great ph 1800438500. Gd luck :)

Thanks Jenny, much appreciated

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Mel, Sorry to hear this!

Please give us a ring on our toll-free number 1800 060 057 and one of our Careline experts will be happy to assist you. Or livechat with us on http://www.aptanutrition.com.au/

Kind regards,
Nutricia Careline

See all Aptamil Gold+ AllerPro questions

Get an answer from our members and Aptamil representatives