Aptamil Gold+ AllerPro

Aptamil Gold+ AllerPro Questions & Answers (page 3 of 3)

1, 2, 3

57 questions from our users

Mel.Casked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

My daughter was put onto Allerpro after having blood in her stool. I've noticed she brings her milk up after every feed; when accidentally adding an extra scoop of formula I noticed she did not bring her milk up. My question, can I use a thickener with Allerpro and do I need to be aware of any animal/soy protein that might be in the thickener?

Jenny B
Jenny B

Not sure on that however i have found the hotline on the formula tin to b very helpful i rang them regarding a few of my own questions and they were great ph 1800438500. Gd luck :)

Thanks Jenny, much appreciated

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Mel, Sorry to hear this!

Please give us a ring on our toll-free number 1800 060 057 and one of our Careline experts will be happy to assist you. Or livechat with us on http://www.aptanutrition.com.au/

Kind regards,
Nutricia Careline

Kara

Karaasked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

I have a 5 week old who wouldn't latch to thr breast at all and was told she may have a intolerance to diary and was told to start her on the aptimal allerpro 1.
Shes drinking it much better then the breast milk but now she keeps screaming out in pain and not doing poos very much at all.. shes arching her back and holding her breath that hard shes turning red.. would the formula be causing constipation?

Aula

To be honest never did with my son
So I segest to go and see her doctor it could be anything els and ask for elergy test to be done too

Hi Kara,
Please give us a ring on our toll-free number 1800 438 500 and one of our experts will be happy to assist you OR livechat with us on http://www.aptanutrition.com.au/

Anita

Anitaasked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

I have tried a number of formulas...regular...comfort...soy. made him extremely gassy and in extreme pain. The soy now makes him constipated. He developed a rash on face when using regular and comfort. Cleared when on soy but doing hard dry poo. Will this formula help with constipation?

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Anita, are you able to call us on 1800438500 or jump onto www.aptanutrition.com.au and either email us or livechat us and we can help you out. Thanks - Nutricia Careline

Aula

Hi sorry to hear ur baby is going throw all this
I can feel your pain cause both my kids did
This milk has no soy or cow milk portion so worked very well with my baby
So no more pain for us

DebG87

DebG87asked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

My 11 week old son has been on this formula for 6 weeks now and I find he is very gassy/windy after each feed and his poos are bit runnier than maple syrup. He is never content and only naps during the day (10mins to 30mins between feeds then the most at night 4-5 hrs).Is this normal or should i try a different formula?

Hi Deb,
Sorry to hear about this issue your little one has been having. Please give us a ring on our toll-free number 1800 06 057 or jump onto www.aptanutrition.com.au and either email us or livechat us and we can help you out.
Thanks - the Careline team.

Aula

The alopro for only cow milk protein and soy elergy so if your son is fine pls don't giveit to him just give him the normal aptomail
Anyhow runny poo is normal or that what I see on my son too
About the gases and wind most babies at this age do have it so try to give him the milk warm and make sure you hold him upright for about 10 min or more until he peeerp
Good luck

Angie

Angieasked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

My baby is 5 weeks old and on the tin, it says to give him 150!mls. However, I thought that you had to times 150 times the baby'a weight and then divide this by the number of bottles you give the baby per day. Could somebody pls confirm?

Despina

Hi Angie - I have heard that as well but all my Mum friends have always followed the directions per tin (as have I). Because all formulas vary how many scoops etc so it's best to follow the instructions for each individual formula. This allerpro is one scoop for every 30ml of water. Hope that helps!

Aula

Ya but always follow what's on the direction
I know for allo pro it's scoop for every 30ml

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Angie, are you able to either call 1800 438 500 or jump onto www.aptanutrition.com.au and either email us or livechat us and we can help you out with bottle size for your little 5 week old. Thanks - Nutricia Careline

Kristina Ahnon

Kristina Ahnonasked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

My son was put on this formul due to cows milk protein allergy and it has been great. However, since starting on it approx 5 months ago he is constantly pooing. Does this often happen on this type of formula? Thanks

Hi there,
My son poops once or twice a day generally - sometimes more if he has a bit of a sore tummy but that's very rarely. I'm not sure how many times a day your little one is pooping but every Bub is different and maybe it's a normal amount for your son?

Mamab
Mamab

Hi. I have found the exact same thing. Wondering if it is upsetting her tummy!

chlobamford

chlobamfordasked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

Hi, my baby has a very sensitive stomach. He is always unsettled & was screaming in pain from my BM. I put up with a screaming baby pretty much all day/night with BM. Went to chemist & chose Allerpro Gold1. After going to a paedtrician and getting tests for dairy allergies etc his results came back negative for an allergy.
If he seems reasonably happy on this formula - a lot better then a screaming baby - is there any harm keeping him on this without having a confirmed allergy? Is there another formula you would recommend for his sensitive tummy? Thank you

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi there, it is fine for you to use Allerpro Gold+ stage 1 longer term, but please give us a ring on our toll-free number (1800 438 500) and one of our dietitians or nutritionists will be happy to assist you. Thanks - Aptamil Careline.

Natalie_Baskin

Natalie_Baskinasked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

Hi, my DS (4week old) was on Belamys Organic and was experiencing diarrhoea and projectile vomiting. Iv taken him to Dr and we are thinking it's an allergy or intollerance. He's been on Aptimil De Lact for 4 days now, the vomiting has settled but still has diarrhoea and has developed what looks to be an allergy rash on face and chest. Starting to think he has a cows milk allergy and I'm thinking of trying Allerpro 1. Do you think this formula may help him? Or should I stick with the De Lact for a little longer? Will be seeing Dr again this week, but she did state that it's a trial and error thing in finding the right formulas.? Any input will help :) thanks, Natalie

Hi Natalie,
Sorry to hear about your problems with your little one. Please give us a ring on our toll-free number 1800 438 500 and one of our dietitians/nutritionists will be happy to assist you with choosing the right formula.

Jasmin

Jasminasked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

After going to several pharmacies in Sydney and Canberra I have only found 2 tins of allerpro 1 and 2. They all say they have had no deliveries since September 2015. When will this situation be rectified?

Hi Jasmin,
Sorry to hear about problems finding Aptamil Allerpro. Please give us a ring on our toll-free number Aptamil line 1800 438 500 and one of our product specialists will be happy to assist you.

ShaunnaLea

ShaunnaLeaasked

Hey ladies,
My bub is nearly 5 months old & has had trouble pooing by herself since she was about 2 weeks. She has really thick poos and can't push them out by herself so I have pretty much been helping her poo since she was born.
She was first on karicare, then changed to S26, then got put on novalac constipation, when all these failed to make a difference, we have her on goats milk now to see if it was the cows milk formulas & she seems to be getting worse! :( when I rang 13 health the other day they suggested this formula as they think it sounds as though she has a milk protein allergy...
Was just wondering if anyone else's babies have had this problem & if this formula has helped???
Thankyou.

Hi ShaunnaLea,
Sorry to hear that your baby is having difficulty passing bowel motions. Please give us a ring on our toll-free number Karicare Careline 1800 258 268 and one of our dieticians or nutritionists will be happy to assist you.
Thanks Karicare Careline

Hi ShaunnaLea,
my baby had the opposite bowel actions prior to this formula, she was explosive.
Make sure you stock up as this formula is difficult to get hold of at times appears to be high in demand these days.
I suggest get a referal to see a pediatrician who will investigate more.
Best of luck.

Mel.Neivaasked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

Anyone tried this formula for an unsettled baby with reflux?

Hi Mel
If you'd like to give us a ring on our toll-free number 1800 438500 , we can run through the pro's, con's, what other parents have shared with us and likely reactions if you choose to change your little one to this formula.
Thanks - Aptanutrition

esma2127
esma2127

Hi Mel, I used this for my silent reflux baby and it agreed with her. Didn't fix the reflux but she took it better, had less wind, and better bowel movements than HA formulas. Drank it until 14 months old. She was about 10 weeks old when we started.

Mel.Neiva

Thanks esma. I will give it a go. My baby is almost 12 weeks old. And has been very unsettled, doesnt sleep more then 30 mimutes at the time.... have tried many formulas.... will try this one now.

Jas

Jasasked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

Is anyone having trouble getting hold of this formula recently? No pharmacy is able to get hold of it. I don't know what to change my Bub into if I can't get hold of it.

Maida
Maida

Hi. Where abouts do you live? I am in Campbelltown NSW and my pharmacy always has it. Not sure if you tried Nan Ha? It is very good formula for sensitive tummies. I went back to it after trying all formulas and my son loved it. Maybe its bedt to consult eith your doctor if your baby has severe allergy reactions.
Sorry not to be able to help much...

becka.buzz

becka.buzzasked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

What is the quantity of formula per 30mls water? I've lost my scoop, not in the tin and not in the bin... I need to feed my baby formula at night when breast milk isn't great in quantity... Please, anyone able to measure?

Hi 10gms or 2 teaspoons

Hi Becka,
Please give us a ring on our toll-free number Aptamil lines 1800 438 500 and 0800 438 500 and one of our dietitians/nutritionists/midwives/product specialists will be happy to assist you.

Barb

Barbasked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

How many feeds a day can a 2 week old baby have the formula?

Hi Barb,

Al.B

Al.Basked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

I was advised today after ringing the Aptamil helpline that my 5mo son has cows milk allergy and to try allerpro. I tried giving him a bottle and he screamed and screamed and wouldn't drink it. We had also tried the HA formula for 3 days previously which he will drink but is causing him to have terrible wind that really smells. I have been told that the allerpro is meant to taste awful so what can I do to make it taste better / get him to drink it?

Hi,
My daughter didn't like it at first either and it took her a few days to get used to it. My advise is to get a paediatrician to look your son over. Karicare shouldn't diagnose your child especially over the phone. They are recommending there product to try. My daughter has a milk protein allergy and it was recommended by the helpline and an allergist.

They say (doctors & MCHN) to give it at least 10 days to see if your child reacts to a new formula.

I hope this helps.

vmwhitak
vmwhitak

My 6 week old son actually doesn't mind the taste, but then he has on Nan HA before this and that tasted gross! His Ped said that if he won't take it to put a drop or two of vanilla essence into his made up bottle to make it a bit sweeter and then over time reduce it so he gets used to less sweet formula.

Gem

Gemasked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

My 5 week old has been on karicare allerpro gold for a week now and seems unsettled after feeds like she has a belly ache, vomits a fair bit and still has green poo's, not sure if I should continue to try it for another week or change formulas ? Any advice would be much appreciated :)

mummyC
mummyC

She may have a lactose sensitivity or intolerance.?? Especially if the poo's are a little mucousy as well green in colour. The positing and unsettled behaviour after feeds may be related to reflux too? I'd definitely see your gp or paed to get an opinion though :) Did you try other formulas before the allepro? I found my son was allergic to the casein found in basically every formula apart from allepro and s26 comfort. Good luck with it all, I remember just how stressful it was trying to find the right formula to make my son comfortable.

Spoodlepaws

I agree with the above comment, seek medical advice.

Dom86

Dom86asked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

Can I use the karicare thickener with the allerpro + 1?

Hi Dom 86,
I used both the thickener and Aller pro 1 however I am not a medical practitioner so its probably best to speak with a professional.
Good Luck with your trial.

Get an answer from our members and Aptamil representatives