Aptamil Gold+ AllerPro

Aptamil Gold+ AllerPro (page 2 of 4)

1, 2, 3

4.4

• Breastfed Child Yes (40%) · No (60%)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (100%) · No (0%)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (10%) · No (90%)
Clint09

Clint09NSW, 2071

Great stuff

Our child is intolerant to cow’s milk and any soy protein. When given cow milk products or soy protein the stools will change consistency and will take on an acidic odour (similar to vomit... nice). Feeding our son this product results in normal stools. He’s happy and Mum is relieved. A suggestion for anyone have a tough time sourcing it at retail chemists would be to buy from Mumstore (online). It’ll save you trapsing all over town trying to find it.

Saved my baby

My 15 week old was not gaining weight from breast feeding so I have had to top him up with formula. He was miserable and very unsettled and we ended up at the paediatrician who told me to top him up with formula I started him on aptimil pro futura and he became very congested.
I then changed to aptimil allerpro as I also suspected a dairy intolerance/allergy and it was the best decision I made. Allergies run in the family, I am lactose intolerant and I suffer with allergies and hayfever. My 7year old was a colicky baby and has allergies as well so it was an easy decision to change to allerpro
It has been 2 days since we started him on it and he is such a happy baby. Congestion is getting better as well.

So far so good!

We have a family history of allergies to cows milk protein, goats milk too it would seem. My 4 month old enjoyed it straight away (cried for more) very easy to prepare, we've only used it as a top up for 1 day (1 full night feed) and he's been very relaxed and next to no spewing!! Can't wait to see how he is overnight!

Nikki J

Nikki JAU

Lufesaver for my bub who has milk protein allergy

We decided to give this one a go As a last resort before having to go towards prescription formula after various formula trials. This has been a lifesaver. His poos are back to normal, no more wheeziness, eczema cleared up and less tummy problems. It is alot easier to prepare compared to novalac allergy and his poos arent as foul smelling on this one.

It is also priced reasonably well. The only issue is that it is extremely hard to find them. Alot of chemists never have any in stock. Im thankful my chemist lets me bulk up on them when they do have them in stock as bub really needs it.

Bree

Bree

Mixes well and no bubbles.

Dan Z.

Dan Z.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

good for allergic baby

My friend's baby has allergy to protein. He has to drink this one. But I heard this one doesn't have too much nutritions compared to normal ones. So my friend prefers to feed this to baby first and after the baby gets better with allergic problem, switch the formula to normal one.

Mikaela

MikaelaPerth

Ideal for babies with milk protein allergy.

We tried numerous different formulas, all of which caused my baby to break out in hives and worsened his eczema. After finding out he has a milk protein allergy, we were recommended to try a hydrolysed formula. This was the only one we tried that didn't bother my sons stomach or skin.

Nicole

NicoleAdelaide

Couldn’t live without it!

Love this formula. My daughter has CMPA and after breastfeeding for a year I wanted to switch to a formula so she was still getting all the essential vitamins. She can’t have any dairy, so I use the formula in cereals etc instead of cows milk. She also prefers the taste of this formula compared to other milk substitutes (ie. soy, almond etc).

bruce

bruce

did what we needed. Saved us

our bub wasn't sleeping and clearly unsettled. We took a long time to figure out it was dairy proteins (not lactose). While we were figuring it out we went to this formula which has all the proteins broken down (soy and non-cow based can cause similar problems - but by all means try them). Sometimes we had to phone around to find it, sometimes it was at the supermarket. but it wasn't worth switching to other formulas when this one worked for us

Sabrina

SabrinaPerth

This helped us get through my baby's reflux.

Easy to prepare. Baby took it fine. This in combination with medication was the only thing that helped his silent reflux.. We tried going back to a regular formula but he flared up again. Not the nicest smelling of formulas. My kid lived off this for the first year of his life and he is thriving.

Brad

Brad

Solved our problem, mixes well unlike soy

We got this after our 3rd baby would not sleep through after 8 months, still getting up 3 x a night. This pretty much solved it, and was recommended by our pediatrician. The product looks and mixes the same as the normal Aptamil, which is good. The soy one we had first never used to mix properly.

3 little cherubs

3 little cherubsvictoria, 3825

Was a life saver

After trying many different formula’s this one didn’t have my baby screaming in pain like all the others.
It so gentle on little ones tummy it’s amazing.
Easy to prepare. Smells a bit like maple syrup. Dosent upset tummies.
Only downside is that you can’t only purchase from a chemist.

Chris S

Chris SPerth

Worked well for my reflux baby

My baby hated formula and it seemed to mess with her tummy a lot. I thought I would try this for something different and I'm glad I did. It smelled and tasted less "chemically" and really seemed to reduce her reflux problems. The only downside is that you can't buy it from Coles/Woolies, but I would definitely recommend it.

Jess

JessMelbourne

Easy to digest for my bub

My 11 week old has been having this formula for 4 weeks now and has tolerated it really well. We are suspecting a cows milk allergy as he did not digest other formulas very well and had wheeiness, congestion and a nasty rash. Since being on this formula, his bowel movement are more regular and the other symptoms have resolved. This formula is really easy to prepare, it dissolves well. He seems to enjoy it. I wish it came in a non-gold option though as I don’t like the fishy smell it has to it and the bottles are hard to clean because of the oil. Other than that this formula has been great for our baby.

Unhappy

UnhappyPerth, WA

Great formula

My baby has tried many formulas for her allergies and this one really works for her . Would be great if the super markets carried it as I can only find it at Iga stores or chemist . The super markets are always sold out of your normal formula not sure why but maybe they should order more in .

Jtay

JtayGold coast

Life saver

My little boy ended up being milk protein intolerable and he took to this formula well! The longer he was on it the more of the problems he had disappeared (mucus poo, pulling legs up, grunting) . Definitely worth a try he stayed on it until one year an ttwo months.

Natasha M

Natasha MAU

Dosent agree with my LO.

This forumla is easy to prepare. I dont like how watery it is tho.
Bub drinks it no hassles. But shes been on it for 3 days now and she is having explosive diareaoh, Very watery, Smelly and yellow. She has broken out in a rash on her face and neck. I haven't been told she has an allergy but i tryed this for her reflux as i read good reviews. Unfortunately it isnt the right forumla for my LO.
Will be changing as soon as i can see the paed.
Good pricing but hard to source this forumla.

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil
Jaiv

JaivMelbourne

Good for upto 2 years

I bought this formula for my little one who is allergic to milk protein. Initially it was very hard to feed him, but with daily trials she started taking it. Once her age passes 2 years, she started refusing it again, have moved to rice based formula from then. This is not thick formula, & preparation is easy like all other formulas.

Kasey and Kodie

Kasey and KodieQueensland, 4670

Lifesaver!

It was a nightmare finding a formula for my son! We tried S26, S26 Gold, Nan Comfort, A2 Platinum, Aptamil AR, Novalac Reflux, Novalac reflux with feed thickener, karicare goats milk and then finally Aptamil Allerpro Gold+ I had a severely reflux, colicky baby and it took six months to be diagnosed with a milk protein allergy. This formula saved my life!

Nia

NiaMackay

Terrible for reflux baby

This formula was terrible for our baby, who had very bad reflux. I thought I'd try it based on all the great reviews. We eased our baby onto it by slowly but when she was fully on it she spewed every feed and had diarrhoea for a week. I personally think the formula is too thin and although in hindsight I could've tried adding the Aptimal thickener I saw bad reviews for the thickener so was wary to do this.

See all Aptamil Gold+ AllerPro reviews