Aptamil Gold+ 1

Nothing improved but loss weight

It doesn’t fit my baby as his face getting worst for the milk rashes after I tried this premium, the worst thing makes me worried is my baby loss weights.

Purchased in July 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $25.99.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes
Katherine can you please call us at the Nutricia Careline to discuss further. The symptoms you mention might indicate a cow's milk allergy and this product is not suitable for that. Call 1800438500 to talk to one of our dieticians or nutritionists.

Easy all round

My baby has need formula to supplement my breast milk supply shortage and she loves it.
What I love:
- I'm always able to find a supply at supermarkets or online stores without any difficulty
- Able to feed from birth till now (baby currently 4 months)
- I use a little bit less than a level scoop to ensure it dissolves completely
- Dissolves in cool water with no issues
- Average price - I usually order online and get free delivery as it's max 3 containers and is over $50

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for $25.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness No

Great formula brand with no problems

Easy preparation, dissolves quickly in cold or warm water with no lumps or residue. Baby feeds well on this, we are up to 12 weeks old now without any issues. We microwave the water for 30 seconds then add the powder and shake before changing the top of the bottle to a teat. Perfect and quickly prepared!

Purchased in June 2019 at Amcal for $25.00.

Not gaining weight

Hye i just want to ask that i have 8 weeks old baby as he was suffering from constipation so i tried aptamil colic and constipation ; but my baby is nit gaining weight can i continue this formula ?is there anything in formula that causing this ?

Purchased in May 2019.

Caused Unease / Sickness No

Trusted brand in my household

My newborn had a weight-loss at the hospital and doctor advised to use a formula to help with gaining weight. Without thinking twice I used Aptamil Gold as I have used it for my first as well. this is easy to use and bub seems to enjoy. and most Importantly helped with the weight gain within 2 weeks. Now I mainly breast feed my baby (6 weeks) but I keep a tin for emergencies, like to use when out and about.

Purchased in May 2019.

Bubs loves it!

I bought a can of this so that I could have a break when hubby takes over once in a while. My daughter seems to like it! It mixes well with water, very easy to prepare. Would continue to purchase this brand in future!

Purchased in May 2019 at Big W for $24.50.

Terrific for baby

The first formula we tried for our son. No clunks and mixed well with water. Always seemed content after bottle. Super easy to prepare. Loved this formula! Only one downfall is that it was stressful experience finding it stocked on supermarket/chemist shelf.

Purchased in April 2019.

Best formula I’ve used!

My son had a hard time with initially having formula but from the moment we started with Aptamil Gold 1 he has been a happy, healthy baby! No colic, spews or constipation. So easy to prepare, 4 scoops a shake of the bottle and we’re good to go! Will be using it again for our next baby!

Purchased in June 2018 at Big W for $23.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness No

A popular brand, but a little bit oily

My baby tried a few brands of baby formula after discharge from the hospital.
Finally, we find one suits my baby. Her poo is not too dry or too watery.
However, every time I wash the bottle, it is very oily.

Purchased in May 2019 for $24.60.

My first choice of milk

My baby is drinking this brand's milk since he was born. The formula is very easy to go prepare there are instructions on the can so it's not confusing at all. And my baby enjoys drinking this formula, we have no issues and continues to put on weight.

Purchased in January 2019.

My newborn relies on it

My baby likes it and has been on it since birth. He is now 10 weeks old and a bit gassy though. Not sure whether it is due to the formula or not. We've tried Aptamil Profutura but it seems that baby tends to have watery poo after using it. Now we come back to Gold+. The only problem is that it only provides 50ml, 100ml or 150ml. If we need 120ml there is a waste of 30ml for every feed.

Purchased in April 2019.

Breastfed Child Yes
Hi Pamela, yes- the Aptamil Gold + formula does need to be made up in multiples of 50mls. Please give us a call on 1800 438 500 so we can have a chat about your preparation options. Regards, Hilary

Too frothy. Upset my boys tummy!

My bubs seemed to like the formula to begin with however, I found that once mixed the formula was overly frothy and made bubs very gassy and hard to wind

Purchased in March 2019 at Coles for $24.50.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes
Hi Fi.White85, Sorry to hear about your baby's windy tummy. We understand that our formula does create froth when shaken vigorously. When infant formula is mixed with water and shaken, a stable foam will form on top of the milk. Milk proteins are excellent in producing foam bubbles as they are surface active molecules by nature. The fat and proteins in the formula help to stabilise the foam (keep the bubbles from popping). We recommend using lukewarm water to prepare the formula. After adding the required scoops of powder into water, swirl it around (30 to 45 seconds) to mix. This creates much less froth than shaking the bottle up and down. We hope that helps. Please also feel free to give us a ring on our toll-free number 1800 438 500 and one of our dietitians/nutritionists/midwives/product specialists will be happy to assist you. Thanks – Jenny, Nutricia Careline

Hard to mix and didn’t like measurements

My baby was premature. She was born at week 32. She was inNICU for 4 weeks. Along with my breast milk they used to give hospital version of Aptamil gold -1. My daughter used to enjoy that but when we bought the whole tin she didn’t like it . I also hv experience that it is hard to mix and lots of bubbles. Made my daughter very gessy .didnt like much . Switched to ballemy’s organic. She likes it

Purchased in November 2018 at Woolworths for $26.00.

Easy to PrepareNo

Great

Great product used with both our kids recommend by the pharmacist. Started using it, in the first week of their lives as we had trouble breastfeeding. We used it up to number 3. I wouldnt even bother with other brands

Purchased in January 2017.

Its ok

Baby loves drinking it and its easy to prepare. However I don't like how frothy it is. Have tried multiple ways of preparing it but seems to be the same result. I don't let her drink the last bit as it seems to affect her with gas. One good thing is her poos are regular as I have found on other formulas she gets quite constipated. Aptamil is better than A2 formula and also easy to find on shelves.

first choice of milk

My baby is drinking this brand's milk since he was born. The formula is very easy go prepare if your organised. The quality of the product has not changed and have stuck by it. Travels well when needed. Delivered quickly and at no extra cost if you buy a few.

My baby loves it.

I bought this formula from my local coles supermarket. My little baby love to drink aptamil formula. I try buy many other formula before I reach this aptamil gold + formula. This formula seem to suit my baby without any side effects or bad reaction. This formula is super easy to prepare no issue happened.

My daughter enjoys drinking this formula, we have no issues and continues to put on weight. We have no side effects from drinking this formula (we're fortunate as other babies may have a diary allergy). The formula is easy to prepare, the instructions are on the can so it's not confusing at all.

Great for my child

This formula has worked very well for my son from day one. It goes down well and doesn't smell funny like some of the other ones do. He doesn't have any problems with eating or bathroom and seems quite enjoy the flavour. I will be using this one for my next child as well. I the only issues is that it is more pricey than some of the other brands and is often out of stock

It's a popular baby formula brand, just difficult to purchase sometimes.

My baby is drinking this brand's milk since he was born. He very enjoys drinking this formula. He is about 13-month old now. we already change to stage 3. Still, he seems very likes this formula. The problem is very hard to purchase at the supermarket, they always out of stock.

The supermarkets have run out of Gold+1,Gold+2 and more again and I am wondering if I can supplement with Gold+HA as I have my granddaughter and am worried about her getting unwell

Hi my 5 week old daughter started on the aptimal gold+ but after a week she started to get constipated an was showing signs of colic so I put her on the aptimal constipation and colic she went good for a week but has now had diarrhoea for the last 5 days I spoke to my midwife an she said it is ok to mix the two together but I was wondering how to mix it together she was drinking 120 mls on the colic and constipation so should I do two scoops of that one and one of the gold+ or should I do two scoops of both?

Whst is the maximum time duration for the formula milk in water once the bottle has been made in case if the bub doesn't finishes it off??
Hi Pre.K, It is recommended that a prepared bottle should be consumed immediately within 1 hour. Please discard the contents of partially used bottles after an hour. Thanks - Jenny, Nutricia Careline.

CategoryBaby Formulas