Aptamil Gold+

50 questions from our users

Manda Q.

Manda Q.asked

Gold+

Hi my 6 week old daughter was on nan from birth but she got really constipated. I have just changed her over to novolac constipation formula and it works but it doesn't fill her at all...She's more restless and doesn't sleep as well. I am thinking of changing to aptamil...any good ones that will fill her but not clog her up again

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Manda, It would be best to call us to discuss the best option for your little one. Phone the Nutricia Careline 1800 438500. Regards Sue Nutritionist

Supriya s.

Supriya s.asked

Gold+

How long milk should keep after mix ?

2boymumma
2boymumma

Any formula should be discarded after 1 hour.

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Supriya, once you have made up formula, you can keep it at room temperature for 1 hour. After that you will need to throw away any leftover formula. If you need more help, you can call us on the Careline on 1800 438 500. Kind regards, Hilary

Lehat A.

Lehat A.asked

Gold+

Hello my LO is 2 months and she is breastfeeding hardly as she refused my milk, and she has eczema on face but it comes and goes away, now we think that she has lactose intolerant! She is constipated too and vomit with burb,What should we do?

Stuart S.Aptamil

Hi Lehat, It would be best to call us to talk further so we can recommend a suitable option for your baby. The symptoms you are describing are not lactose intolerance and could be food allergy. Please call 1800438500 or livechat on www.aptanutrition.com.au. regards Sue Careline Nutritionist

Talishia T.

Talishia T.asked

Gold+

Is it normal to have gelatine looking bits all through it? I was using sma but switched to this because of colic and constipation and it’s got gelatine looking bits through it?

Stuart S.Aptamil

Hi Talishia, It sounds like you have bought the Aptamil Colic and Constipation. This formula can have a grainy look to it and looks like it has bits through it and is also a little thicker than our standard formulas. If you have bought the Aptamil Colic and Constipation then that is quite a normal appearance, but if you have bought the standard Aptamil Gold + formula then it should just look like milk and not have gelatine bits though it. Please call us on the Careline AU 1800 438 500 or NZ 0800 438 500 and one of our product specialists can discuss this further with you. Warm regards, Caroline - Careline Nutritionist

Sara

Saraasked

Hi there
My 9 wks baby is constipated. Can I use aptamil colic and constipation. Will my baby still get enough nutrients. Also recommended dose is 120 mls for 1-2 months and 150 mls for 3-4 needs. My bub is 9 wks, should I give him 120 or 150mls?

Tricia D.
Tricia D.

Hi Sara. Yes the Aptamil Colic & Constipation is a complete feed for a baby under 6 months, so baby will get all the nutrients he needs when fed in sufficient volume. Babies are best fed to appetite and the feeding guide is not prescriptive, so give the same serve that you were giving with the previous milk (until baby is not satisfied and settling after a feed).
If you would like to talk through this change of milk, do please give us a call (1800 438500) or livechat us (www.nutriciacareline.com.au) at the Careline so that we can support you and your little one.
Kind Regards
Kristin_ Nutricia Careline Dietitian

Anna

Annaasked

Gold+

Hi my daughter is on Aptamil colic and constipation mix, but I would like to wean her off it because her poos are quite runny all the time. How do I slowly wean her off and which formula should I switch it to?

Katherine L.
Katherine L.

I had the same problem, you may try goat formulas that I switched too.

Stuart S.Aptamil

Hi Anna, it is not unusual for bowel motions to go runny on the Aptamil Colic and Constipation. If everything else is going well, you may not need to change formula. Please call us on the Careline AU 0800 438 500 or NZ 1800 438 500 and one of our nutritionist or dietitians will be able to assist you. Regards, Caroline - Careline Nutritionist

maryum n.

maryum n.asked

Gold+ 2

Hi my child is over 1 year old and I start Aptamil 3 for her but she get diarrhea and dr said stop that and continue with Aptamil 2. It’s more than 2 weeks her diarrhea is not getting better. I’m so confused what to do and what shall I give to her. Please help me

Stuart S.Aptamil

Hi Mary, the stage 3 Aptamil Gold + has higher levels of prebiotics ( for bowel health ) and also has a higher proportion of casein to whey ( amongst other differences). Some babies are particularly sensitive to this and some have digestive changes which should settle after a week or two. Please call us on our Careline 1800 438 500 if your baby is still unsettled so we can help. Kind regards, Hilary Reg.Nutritionist

Traci-lee M.

Traci-lee M.asked

Gold+ 1

The supermarkets have run out of Gold+1,Gold+2 and more again and I am wondering if I can supplement with Gold+HA as I have my granddaughter and am worried about her getting unwell

Ebboni A.

Ebboni A.asked

Gold+

Does this formula contain fish oil?????

Stuart S.Aptamil

Yes, the Omega 3 DHA is sourced from fish oil. Please feel free to give the Nutricia Careline a call on 0800 438 500 (NZ) or 1800 438 500 (AUS) if you have any further questions.

Christa

Christaasked

Gold+

Since starting the formula my baby is suffering from constipation and bad wind. He only goes every 8-10 days and explosive. I’ve tried s26 except the wind pain was extreme. Just wondering if I should change is formula or if there is something I can do? - he only gets one bottle a day which is at night.

Hi Christa,
I'm sorry to hear your little one has been having some troubles. Please feel free to give the Nutricia Careline a call on 0800 438 500 (NZ) or 1800 438 500 (AUS) to discuss what might be going on with your little one and whether there might be a better milk choice for them.

Emma M.

Emma M.asked

Gold+

This is for your Aptamil gold hr
It is very thick which I understand will help with not throwing soo much up but how do I get it out of the bottle

Dolly

Dollyasked

Gold+

Hi my 8 weeks daughter has been on aptamil gold since last week. The milk seems to be very frothy and she is passing lot of wind. Can froth cause wind or is this Normal? Should we prepare the milk in advance so the froth settles?

Hi there Dolly.
We do expect babies to be quite windy for the first 12-16 weeks of life as their gut microbiota develop. The NZ base powders used in Aptamil Gold+1 do appear to make more foam/froth on top of the milk when shaken vigorously. A gentle swirling to mix or rocking backwards and forwards with the wrist should make the milk up with less froth/foam. The foam will stay on top of the milk so won’t affect baby whilst drinking.
It's better to make the milk fresh for each feed to keep risk as low as possible. The Australian Guidelines advise discarding a bottle of mixed milk after 1 hour at room temperature.
Most modern bottles have 'anti-colic' valves, so that the air from the froth does not get swallowed by the baby. The foam will stay on top of the milk so won’t affect baby whilst drinking. Our quality team have checked and believe the foam/froth will not impact the delivery of the formula to the baby or increase the level of ‘wind’ or ‘gas’.
DO feel free to call us on our toll free number 1800 438500 if you'd like to talk this through with one of our Dietitians, Nutritionists or Midwives.
Thanks from Kristin at the Nutricia Careline

Sarah G.

Sarah G.asked

Gold+

I have a 4 week old, I tried another brand of formula once and my little girl sufffered badly from constipation. Any advice to introduce this correctly?

Leeroro

I tried other brands on my little one and she had the same issues. I didn't have that problem with Aptamal but it all varies on each babies tummy and what they will tolerate. It's sometimes a trial situation to see which ones suites. Aptamal has different ones for sensitive tummies as well. My little one had silent reflux so this one helped elevate that for her as well. She wasn't constipated on this one she loved it too. I started her at six weeks with mixed breast feeding as I weaned her off. I'm not sure if that made a difference.

Leeroro

I forgot to add I used infants friend to help with wind and constipation. But best to speak to your doctor or chemist before using. It was amazing help.

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Sarah, If you would like to call us on 1800 060 057 at the Careline, we would love to help you with your enquiry.

Kind Regards Jeanette - Midwife Nutricia Careline

Ezra

Ezraasked

Gold+ 1

Hi my 5 week old daughter started on the aptimal gold+ but after a week she started to get constipated an was showing signs of colic so I put her on the aptimal constipation and colic she went good for a week but has now had diarrhoea for the last 5 days I spoke to my midwife an she said it is ok to mix the two together but I was wondering how to mix it together she was drinking 120 mls on the colic and constipation so should I do two scoops of that one and one of the gold+ or should I do two scoops of both?

Niraj S

Niraj Sasked

Gold+

Can I add this formula with milk?

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Thank you for your query Niraj S. The Aptamil Gold+ for babies under 12 months (stage 1 and stage 2) are designed to be mixed as 1 scoop per 50ml water to provide the nutrients and energy that babies need from their milk. Mixing with any liquid other than cooled boiled water is not recommended and could be problematic for babies health. For toddlers over 12 months, the Aptamil Gold+ Nutritional Supplements (stage 3 and stage 4) are a whole milk drink with age-specific nutrients added. Concentrating a milk supplement by mixing with milk should only be done under the advice of your Dietitian or Doctor. Please do call us on 1800 438500 if you would like personalised advice for your little one.
Nutricia Careline

Pre.K

Pre.Kasked

Gold+ 1

Whst is the maximum time duration for the formula milk in water once the bottle has been made in case if the bub doesn't finishes it off??

Hi Pre.K,
It is recommended that a prepared bottle should be consumed immediately within 1 hour. Please discard the contents of partially used bottles after an hour.
Thanks - Jenny, Nutricia Careline.

Sayma

Saymaasked

Gold+ 2

My baby don’t like the taste of Nan comfort, Is this one help my baby to like the taste also put on weights!because he didn’t put on much more weight because of poor drinking milk, my baby is very fussy eater, if it’s work then I will try this?

sheri

sheriasked

Gold+ 1

Hi I just wanted to know that my baby is 1month old & I am using aptamil gold+ HA. He cries alot while doing his poop can aptamil gold+ HA cause constipation & colic?

Shani
Shani

It has extra iron in it which can cause constipation in some babies I have found

Tash1984

Tash1984asked

Gold+ 1

Hi there, I started my son on Aptamil Gold +1 tonight, he was on Nan Gold but started refusing his bottles so i thought maybe he doesn't like the taste. He seems to like the Aptamil Gold+1 but i was wondering does anyone know why its so bubbly??

Amit
Amit

Hello Tash1984, Even it's bubbly for us. The reason for us is we are using anati-colic bottle which releases the air while my LO is feeding and hence it forms bubbles. You can check if you are also using anti-colic bottle.

Ver
Ver

Yeah I'm really not sure to be honest I thought the same thing I started my son on A2 milk and changed it for that exact reason but he seems to like the aptimil

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Tash1984, When infant formula is mixed with water and shaken, a stable foam will form on top of the milk. Milk proteins are excellent in producing foam bubbles as they are surface active molecules by nature. Different formulas will create a different level of foam depending on the processing parameters during manufacturing i.e. especially heat treatment. The fat and proteins in the formula help to stabilise the foam (keep the bubbles from popping).
To minimise the froth we recommend adding the measured scoops to the water, then capping the bottle and rocking and swirling it to mix, rather than shaking it up and down. This produces less froth. If there is still powder that has not dissolved you can give the bottle a quick shake. You can follow this with another round of rocking and swirling to mix to reduce any bubbles that may have formed during the shaking.
If your baby does swallow some of the froth, make sure your baby is burped during and after the feed. Burping baby will bring up any air that baby may have swallowed.
Please contact us on our toll-free number 1800 438 500 or Livechat us from our NutriciaCareline.com.au website if you have further queries.
Nutricia Careline

Helen M

Helen Masked

Gold+ 1

I can’t get this to dissolve without it ending up looking like a milk shake - any suggestions? It also stinks!? And the scoop is super annoying as it collected powder on the handle??!

Donna
Donna

Don't shake it so hard or try to dissolve the powder with your spoon as if dissolving sugar in water.

Get an answer from our members and Aptamil representatives