Aptamil Profutura

1, 2, 3, 4

28 questions from our users

Rose

Roseasked

Hi there.. my baby has just turned 1 and has been on holle goats milk #2... she is a fussy eater and prefers milk…I was wanting to try profutura 3 before I introduced normal cow milk because she is still not eating properly … would this be a good substitute?

Hi Rose,
It would be best to call us at the Nutricia Careline for further information on the best milk and suggestions for your toddlers solids diet from one of our Nutrtiionists or Dieticians. ph 1800 438 500

Kirby C

Kirby Casked

I have had my 3 month old on Profutura since birth. I have looked everywhere for a tin lately and no one has any for sale! I am running low on the tin I have and will have to buy something else soon. What is the difference between Profutura and Gold+1? Is the Profutura coming back on shelves soon?

L T
L T

Profutura is sold online from Mumstore but it limits how many tins you could buy in certain period. Good luck.

Michael Marj Marijan A.

Michael Marj Marijan A.asked

Has aptamil profurura stage 1 been deleted

MissCaC

I don’t think so, it’s just hard to come by. I ordered mine online as I was unable to get it anywhere in stores.

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

The Aptamil Profutura stage 1 has not been deleted- we are still manufacturing this product. I'm sorry you are having trouble finding it in stores however. Please feel free to give the Nutricia Careline a call on 1800 438 500 (AUS) or 0800 438 500 (NZ) if you continue to have issues in locating some for your baby.

Tyler B.asked

Any difference?

Rida
Rida

Hey all
I have 2 kids
I have given my elder one aptamil protura n he was great with it but I think my younger son having very frequent attacks of bronchitis, allergies and astama
Do you think that the milk some how has any type of ingredients which will not suit the baby
Your help will be highly appreciated
As I’m trying to figure out the reason and the think which he is allergic to

Rebekka S

Rebekka Sasked

Profutura 1

My bub is almost 6 month old and has no issues on aptamil profutura 1 ..... do I have to change to #2?

Kris
Kris

I don't know if it is essential, but I guess formula in different stages provide different nutrition, even different amount for the same nutrition. I always change to another stage. I hope it helps.

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Rebekka, thank you for your enquiry. Some people choose to leave their babies on the stage 1 until they are 12 months, some choose to just wait until their babies are established on solids over 6 months and some change to the next stage at the corrected age of the baby. All this is perfectly fine, the stage 1 is fine to use til the 12 months. If you would like more information please call us on 1800 060 057.

Liaasked

Profutura 3

Has anyone noticed their child having their bowels open more frequently with this stage 3 formula? My little one started this formula for a week and her bowels open at least 5 times a day til the stage her bottom was sore and excoriated.

Leanne

My daughter has just turned one and has been having the stage 3 for just over a week. She has had loose stools also about 5 per day for the last 48 hours, also to the point of a red sore bottom. We never had a problem with stage 1 or 2. I’m wondering if there’s something different in the 3 that is not agreeing with her.

Leanne

This is aptamil gold + not profutura

Lia

Hi Leanne, i’ve asked a few pharmacist and GPs and they all recommended to continue using stage 2 and no hurry to change to stage 3. I did try aptamil stage 3 as well and my daughter still had the loose bowel motions. So I’ve decided to let her stay on stage 2. She 19 months okd now and still using stage 2. The Pharmacist stated stage 2 is still better for them because it’s similar to our breast milk and as for stage 3 they said it’s more like milk powder. Hope this is helpful info for you

Callista

Callistaasked

Profutura 1

Hi! I used to use aptamil gold + and have recently started to try aptamil profutura and was wondering why the water amounts are different. At 4 months the gold + says to give 5 scoops for 250ml whereas the profutura says to give a 4 month old 3 scoops at 150ml. Why is the amount less? Is this enough for her after he has been drinking 250ml?

A.O
A.O

good question

hayat

hayatasked

Profutura 1

how many calories in Nutrica aptamil with Pronutra for a 3 year old?
number 3

Ram

Ramasked

Profutura 1

My daughter is two month old and is on morinaga I m going back to dubai so want to switch to aptamil. Which aptamil I should use for my daughter three months old?

Vanessa Em
Vanessa Em

Hi Ram, apologies I am not qualified to answer this. Perhaps speak to a GP or Pharmacist.

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Ram. Please give us a ring on our toll-free number 1800 438 500 and one of our product specialists will be happy to assist you.

Raj

Rajasked

Profutura 3

Hey!!! My boy loves it from the very first, and now I have started aptamil profutura 3, not sure how does I should give him!!!! He us d to take 200ml when he was on 2. Please reply ASAP

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Raj- feed your baby to appetite- if your baby wants to drink a 20ml bottle, you can certainly give it to him. If you would like to chat about this further, please contact us on 1800 225 575- The Nutricia Careline Team

Raman

Ramanasked

Profutura 1

Hello, i have a problem to mix apatamil pro futura formula, as it makes lots of bubbles on mixing, can anyone suggest how can i mix it so baby wouldn’t suck the air? Thanks

Hi there,
Please give us a ring on our toll-free number 1800 060 057 and one of our product specialists will be happy to assist you.

Hanie V

Hanie Vasked

Profutura 1

Is aptamil pro has different spoon colors for each can?. Im confusing becoz im in doubt that im buying the real one becoz normally the spoon color is violet

Thanks – Nutricia Careline

Sam Mozi

Sam Moziasked

Hi m using the same aptamil3 profutura
M confuse how much dose should i give to my son i was giving him 7fl oz is it ok?? Or should i give him less?? Please reply me as soon as possible

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Sam, are you able to contact us directly at 1800438500 or email/livechat through www.aptanutrition.com.au so we can help figure out what's happening with your measurements. Kind regards - Nutricia Careline

Gem

Gemasked

Profutura 1

What is the actual DIFFERENCE between Pro nutra gold +and pro futura have tried to call the help line but it keeps disconnecting

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hello Gem, I am very sorry to hear that you are having trouble getting in touch with us. You can also live chat with our team on our www.aptanutrition.com.au website and we would be happy to provide you with this information. Otherwise please try us again on our Careline 1800 438 500 - Nutricia Careline.

What’s the difference???

Stuart S.Aptamil

Hi Tyler, the Aptamil Profutura and the Aptamil Gold + formulas are very similar but the main difference is that only the Profutura range contains added probiotics. You can see these on the ingredient list (Bifobacterium Breve). Please contact us on 1800 438 500 if you have more questions- Nutricia Careline

Asma khan

Asma khanasked

Profutura 1

Hello. My baby is 7mo and i am using aptamil profutura. As i am out of Australia nowadays. And i brought maximum boxes with me. But i think they are going to be finish soon. And here aptamil pronutura is available only. What should i do ? Can i replace profutura with pronutura. Is there any difference between them?

Illa
Illa

Yes, you can. As you know there is a shortage of aptamil in australia i used to switch between these two. I used to buy whatever was available and had no issues. But now I am frustrated of searching aptamil on every shop i lnow as its very hard to find in Australia, Finally I started karicare which is available in all the shops and all the time on much reasonable price. Karicare is from the same company but different brand and my baby accepted karicare with no fuss.

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Asma, are you able to call 1800 438 500 or email/livechat through www.aptanutrition.com.au and we'd be happy to help. Kind regards - Nutricia Careline

Jessie Y

Jessie Yasked

Profutura 1

Hi my baby is 6 months. she has a reflux and AR helps her but sometime got reflux. so i bought a new Aptami Profutur and tried it since today morning, but it's getting worse. she's thrown up as she finished the bottle. should i continue give Profutura to her or chance to AR, or mix both of together? please email me
[email removed]

Hi Jesse,
Sorry to hear about the increased spilling since changing milks. Please give us a ring on our toll-free number 1800 438 500 and one of our dietitians/nutritionists/midwives/product specialists will be happy to assist you.
Thanks - Aptanutrition

kaylacr

kaylacrasked

Profutura 1

Hi I am currently using aptamil Gold for my 10 week old baby and am moving to Ireland soon, however, they do not sell this there...what is the best to use there that is the most similar? They have aptamil and aptamil profutura?
Thanks.

karen
karen

As I could remember, they sell aptamil and profortura in Britain. I think the situation would be similar in Ireland.

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi there, The Aptamil Gold+ in Australia is equivalent to the Aptamil range in Ireland. You can use the Aptamil First Milk. The Aptamil First Milk is made with locally sourced ingredients so may taste a little different from the the Australian Aptamil. You can mix the 2 together to transition from one to the other. Just make sure you use the correct water to scoop ratio for each one. You can find out more about the formulas in Ireland on the following website www.aptaclub.ie. Please give us a ring on our toll-free number 1800 438 500 and one of our product specialists will be able to assist you further. Thanks - Nutricia Careline

JAD
JAD

I hav just come back from Ireland yesterday! Before i left my baby was drinking Aptamil gold..You cannot get gold in Ireland but Aptamil first milk is the next best thing...my baby had no problem changing and i actually think its better than gold..he has less wind and his poo is a more normal color now!!

Ndp

Ndpasked

Profutura 1

Hi please tell me what is the defrence between normal aptamil and profutera ?

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi NDP, are you able to email us directly at enquiriesanz@danone.com and then we'd be more than happy to help. Thanks - Nutricia Careline

Kylie

Kylieasked

Profutura 1

I brought this product today and it wouldn't even shake up properly ! What a waste of money! Now I need to find another Aptamil product that doesn't have the gold? My Daughter is getting bad constipation. We're having the De Lact right what one can we use without the GOLD in Aptamil range? Thanks

Hi Kylie
Sorry to hear about your problem . Please give us a ring on 1800060057 and one of our Careline team will be happy to assist you.

Blue2016

Blue2016asked

Profutura 1

My baby has been on Aptamil Good since birth and mix fed. We tried Profutura in week 2 as she was struggling when passing a bowel movement and it was a lot better. This is our third tin of Profutura And now she's pooing every feed (even during a feed) and it's mucusy and stretchy. Has this happened to anyone else?

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Blue2016, Sorry to hear that your baby has mucus in her poos after using the Profutura. Please discuss this with your doctor as this raises the possibility of allergy to the protein in the milk. If you would like to talk it through, please ring us on our toll-free number 1800 225 575 and one of our dietitians or nutritionists will be happy to assist you. Thanks - Profutura Careline.

Get an answer from our members and Aptamil representatives