31Aptamil Profutura

Aptamil Profutura Questions & Answers

Mamy Ocha A.
Mamy Ocha A. · Profutura

Is it safe if i mix with breastfeeding ? Because my bby have aczema

Aptamil   DM

Hi Mamy Ocha A., in theory it's totally fine to use Profutura together with breastfeeding but to check if this is the best option for your baby with eczema, it will be best for you to call us on 1800 438 500 so we can ask more questions.

Arash · Profutura

Hi,
Does the baby who takes Aptamil Profutura still need to take probiotic drops such as BioGia?
My KO is breastfeeding and I am weaning him, he is 4.5 months and is having aptamil colic and constipation, I am thinking to switch him back to Aptamil profutira which he used to have one bottle at night in his first 4 weeks, then colic started and we changed to colic and constipation. His colic is fine now but his reflux is worse with this formula I think.
What’s your opinion? Can I switch now?

Nll
Nll · Profutura 1

Hi , what is the difference between profutura 1 and Essensis ?

Negar Z.
Negar Z. · Profutura

Very difficult to find this formula, please If possible tell me the store .

Aptamil   DM

Hi Negar, please call Careline on 1800 438 500 and one of our team will be able to assist you further. Warm regards, Caroline - Careline Nutritionist

YUE L.
YUE L. · Profutura

Hi, what's the difference between aptamil profutura and aptamil advanced? Thanks!

Aptamil   DM

Hi Yue, I'm not sure what you are referring to as the Aptamil Advanced. We do have another Aptamil brand but not called Advanced. Please contact us at the Careline 1800 438 500 and we'll be able to assist you. Warm regards, Caroline - Careline Nutritionist

Blake T.
Blake T. · Profutura 1

Dear Aptamil Customer Service,

I have tried 'live chat' multiple times on your website (on the time you specified 9.30am-5pm) but it was always unavailable, and I've sent quite a few emails but received no replies. I have a few concerns regarding Profutura 1's ingredients, which are not specified on the can. I will need to be sure that Profutura is up to the standards then feed it to my girls. If you can clear my worries, please do so.

1. What’s the source of ARA? I don’t seem to find ARA in the ingredient list though you labeled it under the 'nutrition information'.

2. What’s the percentage of lactose in Carbohydrate? If it’s not 100% lactose, what’s the substitute that Aptamil is using? Is it maltodextrin? Flour? Glucose?

3. What does your first ingredient ‘milk solids’ contain? Is Profutro using milk powder or fresh milk? Skimmed or full cream?

4. For ‘vegetable oils’, are you using anything other than soy lecithin? Such as soybean oil? Coconut oil? Palm oil?

5. Is Aptamil formula tested for heavy metals or toxins?

You answers will be very much appreciated as it has been quite frustrated for me to find the right formula for my girls.

Aptamil   DM

Hi Blake, Apologies for the delayed reply. We had a glitch on the system and couldn't check your question quickly. I believe my colleagues have answered all your questions via email 3 weeks ago. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us on 1800 438 500 or nutriciacareline@danone.com.

Ritz
Ritz · Profutura

Hi, my daughter just turned 1 and was breastfed for 1 year as she didn’t like any formula. Now she has started taking Aptamil. But I am confused about what’s the difference in Aptamil gold and profutura. We had her weight gain issues after starting solids. Which one would be good for her. Thanks

Ritz
Ritz · Profutura

Chelsea
Chelsea

I found aptimil gold harsh on tummy and constipated easier
With this one it’s more expensive but i found my baby loved it and was easy to digest and was never consipated

Aptamil   DM

Hi Ritz, From our standard range, our most premium is the Aptamil Profutura which contains a patented probiotic (ours is a good bacteria found in the gut of breastfed babies - Bifidobacteria breve M-16V), prebiotics (food for the good bacteria), and fish oils. The Aptamil Profutura contains the highest level of DHA in our range. The Aptamil Profutura contains the vitamin lutein which may be beneficial for eye health. Our second product line is the Aptamil Gold+ which contains similar base nutrients and contains probiotics but at lower level than the Aptamil Profutura. We've just added the beneficial probiotic to the Aptamil Gold+ which helps create a stronger immunity by maintaining gut pH and regularity. Contact us at 1800 438 500 or nutriciacareline@danone.com if you need any further information. Kind Regards, Amanda - Nutricia Careline.

Arash

What’s your opinion? Can I switch now?

Samuel B.
Samuel B. · Profutura

Hi I’m just wondering if all profutura has been canceled. I’m unable to find a store that stocks it within Victoria

Aptamil   DM

Hi Samuel, I'm sorry to hear you have been unable to locate the Aptamil Profutura. The Profutura formula has been upgraded recently and stores have been running out of the old stock and can order the new version. You can ask the grocery manager from your local store to order in the new version. Another option is ordering online from external link . If you require more assistance please feel free to contact the Nutricia Careline on 1800 438 500 (AUS) or 0800 438 500 (NZ). Kind regards, Saskia

Carolyn
Carolyn · Profutura 1

Hi can Aptamil Profutura 1 give a 3 month old cramps in the stomach and gas. She seems to have quite a bit since fully going on the formula

Aptamil   DM

Hi Carolyn, Give us a call at the Nutricia Careline so we can help you further. ph 1800438500 Sue Careline Nutritionist.

Shaz
Shaz · Profutura

Is it okay to store a few bottles after preparation in the refrigerator for night feeds. (Profutura 1).

Anna Celeste
Anna Celeste

No, you can store the sterilised water in bottles in the fridge in preparation for feeding, but once the formula has been put into the bottle, it must be drunk immediately and the leftovers discarded.

Zoe Mae
Zoe Mae

It’s perfectly safe to make a few bottles and put in the fridge they just have to be used within 24hrs
And heated up with a bottle warmer so hot spots are not created

S.Collins
S.Collins · Profutura 3

My 13 month just started drinking aptamil 3, she has 2 bottles a day morning and night but 100mls with 2x scoops is not enough she wants more and is used of having 200mls bottles, can I give her 4x scoops in 200mls x2 bottles a day instead of 4x 100mls with 2 scoops.

Aptamil   DM

Hi S.Collins, you can give your toddler 2 bottles of 200ml per day. I trust this answers your query, but please get back in touch if you have further questions. You can contact the Careline on 1800 438 500 in Australia or 0800 438 500 in New Zealand. You can also contact us via Livechat from our NutriciaCareline.com.au website

Shirley
Shirley · Profutura 3

What is the small impurity in the baby formula after brewing? It seems that it cannot be melted by the hot water. Can it be eaten?

Aptamil   DM

Hi Shirley, if you are concerned, please contact us on the Careline on 1800 438 500 so we can help you better. - Janice, Nutricia Careline

Louise W.
Louise W. · Profutura

Hi my baby is 4 weeks old i have had him on atimal profutura 1 since birth .because i carnt find any i have bought the atimal sensavia 1 is there a big difference n these 2 milks?

Rose
Rose · Profutura

Hi there.. my baby has just turned 1 and has been on holle goats milk #2... she is a fussy eater and prefers milk…I was wanting to try profutura 3 before I introduced normal cow milk because she is still not eating properly … would this be a good substitute?

Aptamil   DM

Hi Rose, It would be best to call us at the Nutricia Careline for further information on the best milk and suggestions for your toddlers solids diet from one of our Nutrtiionists or Dieticians. ph 1800 438 500

Kirby C
Kirby C · Profutura

I have had my 3 month old on Profutura since birth. I have looked everywhere for a tin lately and no one has any for sale! I am running low on the tin I have and will have to buy something else soon. What is the difference between Profutura and Gold+1? Is the Profutura coming back on shelves soon?

L T
L T

Profutura is sold online from Mumstore but it limits how many tins you could buy in certain period. Good luck.

Michael Marj Marijan A.
Michael Marj Marijan A. · Profutura

Has aptamil profurura stage 1 been deleted

MissCaC

I don’t think so, it’s just hard to come by. I ordered mine online as I was unable to get it anywhere in stores.

Aptamil   DM

The Aptamil Profutura stage 1 has not been deleted- we are still manufacturing this product. I'm sorry you are having trouble finding it in stores however. Please feel free to give the Nutricia Careline a call on 1800 438 500 (AUS) or 0800 438 500 (NZ) if you continue to have issues in locating some for your baby.

Tyler B.
Tyler B. · Profutura

Any difference?

Rida
Rida

Hey all
I have 2 kids
I have given my elder one aptamil protura n he was great with it but I think my younger son having very frequent attacks of bronchitis, allergies and astama
Do you think that the milk some how has any type of ingredients which will not suit the baby
Your help will be highly appreciated
As I’m trying to figure out the reason and the think which he is allergic to

Rebekka S
Rebekka S · Profutura 1

My bub is almost 6 month old and has no issues on aptamil profutura 1 ..... do I have to change to #2?

Kris
Kris

I don't know if it is essential, but I guess formula in different stages provide different nutrition, even different amount for the same nutrition. I always change to another stage. I hope it helps.

Aptamil   DM

Hi Rebekka, thank you for your enquiry. Some people choose to leave their babies on the stage 1 until they are 12 months, some choose to just wait until their babies are established on solids over 6 months and some change to the next stage at the corrected age of the baby. All this is perfectly fine, the stage 1 is fine to use til the 12 months. If you would like more information please call us on 1800 060 057.

Lia · Profutura 3

Has anyone noticed their child having their bowels open more frequently with this stage 3 formula? My little one started this formula for a week and her bowels open at least 5 times a day til the stage her bottom was sore and excoriated.

Leanne

My daughter has just turned one and has been having the stage 3 for just over a week. She has had loose stools also about 5 per day for the last 48 hours, also to the point of a red sore bottom. We never had a problem with stage 1 or 2. I’m wondering if there’s something different in the 3 that is not agreeing with her.

Leanne

This is aptamil gold + not profutura

Lia

Hi Leanne, i’ve asked a few pharmacist and GPs and they all recommended to continue using stage 2 and no hurry to change to stage 3. I did try aptamil stage 3 as well and my daughter still had the loose bowel motions. So I’ve decided to let her stay on stage 2. She 19 months okd now and still using stage 2. The Pharmacist stated stage 2 is still better for them because it’s similar to our breast milk and as for stage 3 they said it’s more like milk powder. Hope this is helpful info for you

Aptamil   DM

Hi Leanne and Lia, Sorry to hear about your concerns. The difference between Aptamil Formula Stage 2 and Stage 3 should be the slightly adjusted levels of nutrients only which is to support healthy growth and development as part of a mixed diet after 12 months of age. Since there can be multiple causes of the changing patterns of bowel habit, we really want to know more about your babies’ condition and then provide helpful advice. Please give us a ring on our toll-free number 1800 438 500 and one of our experts will be happy to assist you.
Thanks – Jenny, Nutricia Careline

Aptamil   DM

Hi there Leanne. The Aptamil stage 3 Toddler milks have a high level of the Prebiotic fibre blend that feeds the good gut bacteria & keeps bowel motions soft. This fibre ingredient may be related to loose bowel motions in a larger volume or if an individual is sensitive to it. The Australian recommendations suggest that 500ml total dairy (including milk, yoghurt, cheese etc) is appropriate for babies over 12 months as part of a mixed diet. If loose bowel motions are problematic then it is fine to use a stage 2 formula to provide the milk portion of babies diet. Lia is right in saying that the stage 3 Toddler milks are a whole milk with age specific nutrients added rather than formulas. I hope that this helps, but do call us on 1800 500 438 if you would like some individualised advice about your little ones nutrition.
Kristin, Dietitian from the Nutricia Careline

Rose j.
Rose j.

my 1year old has same issues. 8times a day loose stool. in fact we took her to see doctor thinking she ate something that caused diarrhoea. I stoped for 5days and she became normal. I continued after 5 days gave her 200ml and she had loosed stool again.. I don't really know what to do

Aptamil   DM

Hi Rose, some babies are more sensitive to the change in stage 3 compared to stage 2. Stage 2 is an infant formula and stage 3 is a cow's milk with added vitamins and minerals. This change can cause loose bowel motions and you can go back to stage 2 formula to provide the milk portion of your baby's diet. At this age, it is also important to provide the right volume of formula, and this is only between 300-400mL per day. If a toddler drinks a lot more than this on stage 3 this can also lead to more frequent and loose bowel motions. Please contact one of our dietitians or nutritionists at Careline at 1800 438 500 or email nutriciacareline@danone.com to get individualised advice. Warm regards, Caroline - Careline Nutritionist

Get an answer from our members and Aptamil representatives

Select a listing for your question
Aptamil Profutura