Philips S5050/06

Philips S5050/06

John

JohnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very disappointing model

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $80.00.

Causes Irritation No
Razor BurnNo
Performance
Shave Closeness
Dry Shave
Battery Life

Anna09

Anna09SYDNEY

After struggling to make my teenager to shave with a manual shaver I bought him Philips AquaTouch S5050. Now we have one less argument at home and one very clean shaven teenager. Very easy to use, doesn't irritate the skin, produces really clean shave and very easy to clean (even for a teenager!).

JoeSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Does the Job

I use this shaver every day. does a reasonable job Dry, and a better job wet. Not really happy with the separate trimmer. battery time is reasonable... but recharge takes 8 hours.
I have a tough growing stubble, so it does the job. at least I don't get cut as with a razor.
this is my 3rd Philips, my At 890 wet dry was just ok; it died after 3 years , however my HQ7380/B dry shaver is still going after 5 years, have replaced cutting blades twice, And is my back up.

All in all pretty good for the price.

Joe

Hi, misunderstanding; don't want stubble after each use. I have a tough beard growth. and, the shaver deals with it well enough.

EhLouey

EhLoueyEltham North

Not a bad shaver could be better

Not as described on paper, better as a wet shaver, at times accidentally switching off while saving. The actual head is a little large and doesn’t quite shave properly. Unfortunate.

Don't bother.

Muzzie1993

Muzzie1993AU

Review of shaver

I got this shaver to have a shave it’s great and I use it every day it cost 78$ I got additional warranty by registering online and it comes with a shaver attachment

Pablo

Pablobrisbane

Fancy looking but doesn't work

After 5 weeks of trail i have had to religate this shaver into the cupboard never to be used again.
This shaver has twice the cutting area, half the speed and takes twice as long to achieve half as good a job as my 20 year old remington. I have tried using it wet and dry, wet is more comfortable but the results are the same...poor.
I expected a lot more from phillips but they have focussed more on gimmicks and styling rather than performance.
Not sure why i bought a wet/dry shaver anyway the whole idea of an electric shaver is convenience and portability and not have to be bothered with wetting ones face.

Barry S

Barry S

Does the job for me

After some 40 years of using a blade, and after some research i purchased this shaver. For me it is more than adequate, but i do not think i would use it 'dry'. Ok it has only been a month but so far so good. It was just $89 on sale at Myer, normally $199!!!...(but $99 everywhere else) . Having said that there is no way i would have paid the original price of this shaver

jarlooMaroochydore

little disapointed

i was expecting a shaver that works with water (that's the good part ) but it takes almost twice as long to shave with this thing than other shavers (wet or dry). It shaves in a patchy manor and i spend more time going over the same spot trying to get a consistent finish. i like the wet idea and fact i gan just put it under the tap to clean but shaving performance is poor.

jarloo

Thank you for thew reply ..i have tried all of the above and still have to shave for twice the amount of time..... . it just seems to not pick up and cut the hairs effectively...(just my thoughts for your R&D Team ) :)

kameleon872000South Australia

My old Braun is better

kameleon872000

Design average and appears to have a short life

The s5050/06 Looks great can be used in wet or dry. The on off button is located perfectly I switch it off at least 3 to 6 times while shaving, guess im in training, not ideal. But due to the fact I brought this less than 12 months ago and now it doesn't work I'm thinking someone's taken a short cut. However on that note I wish phillips all the best and thank you for the older reliable models of shavers and other items I have purchased from you in the past.

rocknews

rocknewsPoint Cook

Best shaver I have used

I was a little wary of rotary shavers but when I got this as a gift I had to try it. What a great little machine! Easily the smoothest, most comfortable, hi quality shave I have had from an electric. My previous shaver was a Braun which I'd had for 10 years but this is so superior it's not funny. It's also ridiculously quiet. The beard trimmer is excellent, sharp and accurate because it's so easy to see when in use. My only quibble is that it doesn't come in a hard case like the Braun does, which means the trimmer (it's a snap-on rather than attached to the shaver) would be easy to lose. That's a minor issue though. I love this razor like a secret child from my wilder days. Don't read anything into that, it's just an expression.

PhilipsPhilips

See all Philips Shaver Series 5000 reviews

NWa

NWaasked

I have been looking for the head replacement for my partner and am having trouble. Am I able to get links to buy or shop to buy it from? I went to the shaver shop was told they don't sell it and it's an old model (despite being only 2 years old or less).

kameleon872000

Sounds a bit strange, I usually go to my local Shaver Shop, or failing that search online eg Amazon/eBay. I found a site called the Shaver Hut which did stock hard to find replacement shaver heads. Also, try the Philips website.

Hi there,

We understand that it is inconvenient if you have a hard time finding replacement blades. We advise you to reach out to our product specialists on 1300 363 391 if you're located in Australia or 0800 658 224 if you're in New Zealand. Our specialists will be happy to help you further in your search!

Kind regards,

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

CategoryMen's Electric Shavers