ARB

ARB Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for ARB? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

15 questions from our users

Racko
Rackoasked

Lock on rear of arb ascent not working. Sometimes whirring sound can be heard but doesn't unlock.

Daniel C.
Daniel C.asked

So how many people have been successful in getting the rear window replaced after it explodes in there hand and it’s 1 month old. In the process now talking to arb.

Steve
Steveasked

Price to place my smashed rear canopy window on a triton d/cab 2006

Riley T
Riley Tasked

Does anyone know how much it cost to replace the back window of an arb ascent canopy ??

Cost me $323.00 Inclusive, you can claim it on insurance same as a windscreen

Cheryl Nicholls
Cheryl Nicholls

Ours wasn't covered by our insurance company and cost $800

Sue
Sueasked

Recently had ARB ascent canopy installed. 2 weeks on and one of the windows won’t open ... has this happened to you? Any way of fixing myself or do I wait for ARB to open their store. Thank you

Hi Sue suggest going back to ARB I haven't experienced that
Regards

RAB
RABasked

to the ARB rep why do your rear windows keep exploding for no apparent reason
Mine is 5yrs old came home to find glass all over the driveway

Blowsy
Blowsyasked

My 8 month old back window of my canopy exploded do I have any recourse

Peteasked

Hi all, I've been reading a lot of broken back window posts.. did ARB honour their warranty and fix them? Do you know if the issue has been addressed? I've been thinking of getting the classic plus, but after reading all this stuff, was a bit put off. Looks like the canopy in general is pretty good, rated at 150kg's for roof racks apparently.. but yeah, any opinions would be great. Thank you

Tim
Tim

I had to get the rear glass replaced under my insurance policy as ARB didn't want to know about it. I am getting a genuine Toyota canopy with remote locking on my next Ute and its actually $300 cheaper than the ARB Ascent canopy.

Waddles
Waddles

ARB's official response:
ARB designs and manufactures the complete door/window sets for canopies. Whilst most components are manufactured in-house, the glass is a procured item to our specifications. These specifications are typical of automotive glass such as that used in side and rear windows. The ARB canopy glass conforms to the applicable International standard E43R. Like the vehicle glass, our canopy glass is tempered to provide for a “safe” failure should an incident occur. The glass is designed to fracture into thousands of pieces to reduce the likelihood of injury. Each manufactured batch of glass is tested for conformance to the standard.
Often it is the events leading up to the glass breakage which need to be understood. Glass breakage will occur when there is sufficient change in the surface tension of the tempered glass such as:
- Impact from unsecured loads, stones, vehicle accident…
- Impact from an item stored inside the canopy
- Small surface damage caused by stone chips (typical of towing), driving with the door or lift window in the open position or glass hitting against a roof load
- Small edge damage caused by glass hitting an object or resting on a load carried over the tailgate
For delayed breakage, the resultant failure may happen hours, weeks or even years later and for no apparent reason. The impetus for delayed breakage may be a change in ambient temperature e.g. hot to cold/cold to hot, stress applied whilst opening or closing the door, driving over speed humps or pot holes etc.
Please get in touch with your local store when possible so they can assist you with getting replacement glass for your canopy. If you require assistance with getting in contact with your nearest store, please don't hesitate to send us a private message.

Brett
Brettasked

Anyone had any issues with battery going flat after having new ascent canopy fitted. My battery keeps going flat never had an issue until canopy was fitted. Had battery tested and nothing wrong with the battery anyone heard of this issue.

leaney
leaney

What vehicle?
My PX Ranger, new battery, has been going flat, in 2 days, if not driven every day.
Testing showed a 3 amp dead draw from the under dash fuse box. Unfortunately testing every item in that box failed to show any faults.
I do have a loud clicking sound from (possibly) the air con controls in the dash, which continues after the key is off and removed. It could be a faulty solenoid but not sure if that's the problem.
I've just completed an 8000km bush bash which has shaken the hell out of everything, AND, the battery is still good after 2+ days of no driving. Probably too much to hope the problem is fixed.
Good luck.

Leith R.
Leith R.asked

Hi all. I've got a 2018 BT50 4X4 which I'm really happy with. I looking to put an Ascent canopy on and am noticing, certainly here, that a lot of reviews are bad. The window issue seems pretty bad.
I'm just wondering if anyone knows if ARB has addressed this issue, or at least acknowledged that it is indeed an issue?
Some reviews appear to be from some months ago, what's the latest? 14/7/19
Cheers

Pete

Hey mate, I don't have an answer but did you end up getting it? I'm in the same boat, wondering if I should look for something else.. cheers Pete

DougHasked

Hi My ARB canopy is hard to close on the rear passenger side, the catch needs to come forward but it already is as far forward as possible, been like this for ages, any ideas please

I have the same problem. I figure the locking mechanism must be worn, it won't lock even if you try and push it into the locked position with the window up.

Ange G.
Ange G.asked

I purchased a colour coded new canopy for my hilux approximately 3 years ago. Today I had a side sliding window explode whilst it was parked at work. Last year I had a rear widow explode. I have noted that there are numerous entries on blogs from your customers saying that there is a perceived fault with your canopies. Is this the case? As this is the second window exploding without obvious cause, perhaps your team would consider investigating the cause of my and other posters ongoing issues. Are your team able to replace the window and at what cost?

Adie
Adie

Hey Ang. Not sure if I’m doing this right or not but your post has asked me to answer the question for you about the canopy and the glass. If you’ve read my post my back window has suddenly shattered too. It’s only 11 months old from new. Paid $4k for the top of the range canopy from ARB ( supposedly anyway) I took my vehicle back into Mazda where I purchased the vehicle, as I was sold the ARB canopy through Mazda. The manager spoke to their manager and also another employee who said his back window has exploded twice on his vehicle and he knew of others where it had happened to as well. I was told they have said although it’s not toughened glass, which would save it from exposing when they do and possible injury it is memory glass ( at this point I feel as though they’re giving me the sales pitch, what is memory glass I’ve never heard of that) he said for an example if the glass was closed and there was a stone in the way or if it was chipped from a flying stone on the freeway or something it wasn’t necessarly going to break at that point but could break in a month, 2 month or 6 months down the line!!! It hasn’t been confirmed but I was told yesterday they would replace my rear canopy window but asked what if it was to happen again as they know it to be a fault what course of action can I take. To this they said they aren’t excepting there’s a fault with their product!! I feel a ombudsman enquiry should be had!!

DougH

Sorry to hear of your explodind windows, I have no idea why it would explode, had no issues like this, others but not windows, perhaps there should be a recall and replace all our windows with toughened glass like the cab windows

Serenity
Serenity

Hi Ange & Adie.
We recently got an $18.000.00 plus fit out for our brand new Ranger from ARB to tow our 23 Foot caravan on a round Oz trip, so far so good but if the canopy window reports and Old Man Emu suspension are anything to go by one of our windows should break and our Old Man Emu suspension will sag by the time we get to Ballarat from Keysborough. P.S. ARB are way too overpriced along with their TJM and smaller competitors. All quoted similar prices for accessories I was in need of, so I decided to lighten my pocket with the most advertised. Fingers crossed.

Brad
Bradasked

Where can I find the part number?

Dave
Daveasked

Can somebody tell me how much does a Arb canopy weight for a Nissan Navara D40 please?

Emilymutters
Emilymuttersasked

Thinking of buying one of the new ARB elements fridges, just wondering if anyone has had any problems with them?

Camper Kylie
Camper Kylie

Get an Engel..!
Our ARB fridge has had errors , blown fuses and now the compressor pc board for 240 volt is effed.. going to cost over $400 to fix.. literally got talked into buying the ARB 47 litre over the Engel and spent a good sum of money on it,, seriously we still have a small Engel that’s 25years old that works fine ..
Every avenue I’ve gone down and everyone I’ve talked too have had similar issues with ARB !

Other Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops