ARB

ARB

Brand Manager for ARB? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (38)

Outbackgirl
OutbackgirlFar West, NSW

Cannot believe the 5yr old left side canopy window exploded

After reading reviews and my local FB page notified me that my ARB Ascent left side window self exploded and apparently known to happen! I had NO idea.
I bought my BT50 new 5 years ago, left side canopy window exploded everywhere in my driveway. Was told I'd have to wait 6 weeks for a replacement and now discovered that half the roof has sunken in! So it looks like a new canopy not just window replacement. And going to cost me my excess. So not happy!
Has anyone else found that when their ARB Ascent canopy window self-exploded the canopy roof also got sucked in?

Store LocationBroken Hill

Exploding rear canopy glass club

2015 Dmax with accent canopy
Went to open the rear canopy today the same way i always do , its 5 years old , when it exploded with bits landing up to 4mtrs away . I rang ARB and the salesman didnt seem to interested and said it happens sometimes and maybe i opened it crooked or something , it was then i told him that while the glass was still on the ground it was still popping and breaking into smaller bits and no it wasnt my fault .
got no joy from them and a new rear window $612 .
Wont be recommending ARB canopies ever again and now regret past recommendations to friends

Store LocationPakenham through Isuzu ute
Rob2994
Rob2994AU

Left my Navara in worse state before it entered shop

Not Happy
Not HappyHunter Region, NSW

Another member of the ARB exploding window club

Store LocationSub Branch for ARB Newcastle

Arthur.
Arthur. Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Zero customer service.

Store LocationAngle park SA
Anthony
Anthony

Very helpful

After some very detailed and unbiased help, I bought some gear for my land cruiser. I couldn’t pick my car up until 20 minutes after closing and not only did Blaine wait for me, he happily ran me through all my new toys. It was close to 6pm by the time we finished. Everything was installed beautifully and looked awesome. Thanks to Damien and Blaine for a great first time experience to 4wd. Anthony.

Store LocationConsisting.
Richard S.
Richard S.South East Queensland, QLD

Another Classic Canopy glass explosion!

Was in our caravan this morning and heard a big bang. Went out to the car and the drivers side canopy glass has exploded. Rang ARB local store and they said it's not a common thing! Wow they've got that answer down pat now! $430 to fix. You would think after that many similar complaints on here and other forums you they might admit fault! Not looking after the shareholders ARB!!!

Dave
Dave

Exploding rear glass on classic canopy . how embarrassing.

Was at the service station when after putting something in the canopy fridge, the glass shattered in my hands half way down to close.
I couldn’t believe it. Glass everywhere with multiple cuts on hands and feet from when it fell. The sound was crazy loud and alerted a motor home couple on the next bowser who checked if i was ok. This issue really needs to be fixed by arb as it seems to be a common issue and is very dangerous. This was not an impact caused issue and nothing else was in tray. Not looking forward to sorting out replacement. Considering removing and replacing with hard top cover.

Store LocationAtlas 4x4 mount isa
Kevin
KevinGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Never again

Ordered a canopy. Waited over a month. Finally got my car in for fitting christmas eve and received a call 1 hour later saying they got the wrong canopy for my car. Another 4 week wait to get another. I have planned an Australia tour at the end of January and needed the canopy. Now I'm stuck with no canopy, have to cancel all bookings for drawer installs and auto electrician, as I have already rented my house out and can't leave without the canopy im now left homeless if I can't find another company who can do it before. Very very unacceptable service. Now I hear about the glass breaking on these canopies and there is even a broken glass club maybe its for the best. ARB have lost me. I won't be back. SCREWED ME OVER BAD.

Store Locationgeelong

Neil B.
Neil B.South East Queensland, QLD

Ascent canopy glass window

I have owned the ascent canopy from new on my 2015 Ranger wildtrack, I find having the extra space in the back is fantastic for camping but last week the side window exploded for no apparent reason, I had parked in a car park with the canopy air vent open and on my return the back window had exploded it was witnessed by a elderly couple sitting on their verandah having a drink no more than 100 yards away, they said no one was around and they literally saw it explode, has anyone had any luck with an explanation fro. ARB as my local sore said that that's un heard off and unfortunately it's going to cost $410 to fix it? Cheers

Mohab H.
Mohab H.Sydney, NSW

Exploding Glass Club, Thanks ARB for the condescending comments

JasMax
JasMax

Tailgate Assist

Nice product, however for the $10 more for the Grunt system I would suggest/recommend going with that as you don’t have to stuff around drilling holes and or changing out bolts etc.

System seems to work well so far.

Store LocationGeelong

Harry S.
Harry S.Sydney, NSW

Great value and quality

The ARB Nomad Check shirt appears great value at $79.00. I bought a red one from ARB Wentworthville NSW and am very pleased with the attention to details like strong button holes, extra heavy duty pockets akin to a jacket, very comfortable and warm material.

Store LocationWentworthville NSW
steve
steveHobart, TAS

No compassion!

Store Locationhobart
Ranger girl
Ranger girlMurray Region, NSW

Shattered window

Wow can’t believe there is a club! Went to lunch on the weekend and was only away from my ranger for an hour, on returning my drivers side window on my canopy was shattered. Cafe had cameras and there was no one near the car while we were away! Rang ARB Albury and a very disinterested lady told me to bring the car in to get measured for a replacement! Customer service NIL!!!

Store LocationAlbury, NSW