ARB

ARB (page 2 of 4)

Brand Manager for ARB? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Steve C.
Steve C.Wimmera, VIC

ARB exploding glass

Guess I'm the latest victim.
Went to open my ARB canopy rear window today and it just exploded in my hand. Luckily no major injuries from it. No impacts to the glass or any reason for it to explode.
Sounds like a common fault?

Emerald
EmeraldCentral Queensland, QLD

ARB Ascent Canopy Rear door Exploding glass!!!!!!!

Went to open rear canopy glass doors door it exploded open!!! Not happy will attempt to get warranty but after reading the other hundred + comments this is not a winning issue I suspect

JS57
JS57Melbourne

Exploding Ascent Canopy side widow.

Ford Ranger 2014 parked in driveway when for no reason the ARB Ascent Canopy side window exploded. With a bit of research it appears to be a very common problem. Arb advised they were unaware of any issues. 4 weeks to get a new one which is a pain in the A.

Mal
MalCentral Queensland, QLD

Exploding canopy glass.

I guess I am now in the ARB canopy glass exploding club. Just last week, while hooking up the trailer, the rear glass exploded for no apparent reason. The rear glass was open at the time. While I suffered some minor nicks and cuts to my right arm, I am on blood thinners, luckily nothing major.
Does ARB know how dangerous this or don't they care ?

Alli_Oliver
Alli_OliverMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I would rate 0 stars if I could

Brett
BrettSouth East Queensland, QLD

Canopy Exploding Glass

New near ARB glass fitted to my D22 canopy. Went to close the lid and it exploded in my hands.
They said not under warranty because I fit it myself and I probably did it wrong.

I will not buy another or rep their brand. All just overpriced Chinese garbage.

Patrick Carey
Patrick CareySouthwest, VIC

ARB Bullbar Too Heavy for Amarok

We had an ARB Sahara bullbar fitted to our 2016 Amarok. I would not do it again. It is too heavy for the vehicle which now has a shudder running through it on most bumps. I would take it off but that is going to cost more money as a new front panel has to be fitted and painted. The only response from ARB was that we should have upgraded the suspension at a cost of a few thousand dollars!!

Yet another ARB exploding glass rear window.

This is the second rear ARB canopy window that has exploded for no reason in 2 months. The second time I was standing at the rear of vehicle when it happened. Lucky to not get a piece of this very sharp glass in my eye. A piece cut my chin. Something needs to be done about this before someone does loose a eye. ARB refuse to acknowledge there is a issue and refuse to replace under warranty.
Rude ARB staff and I will take my business elsewhere in future having been a loyal customer for many years with fully optioned vehicles all using ARB products.

ARB Accent Canopy rear window breakage

I have had two rear windscreens of my ARB Accent canopy break in 6 months for no reason - the car was parked in a garage both times. ARB refuse to cover on warranty despite a Google search showing breakage for no reason to be common. I am very disappointed in ARB and expected a much better product and a much better warranty service from them.

ARB canopy glass exploding

just had my canopy glass explode , the second one in three weeks
please be aware that ARB refuses to warrant their product
i am taking the matter up with Consumer Protection and would encourage others to do the same
i would like to point out that i am a Glazier with 30 years experience and a business owner in the glass industry
please do insist that ARB replace your canopy glass under warranty as there is clearly a fault in the manufacturing process

Craig
CraigHobart, TAS

Exploding Glass April 2020

Looks like I just joined the ever increasing line of customer’s with rear glass exploding. It literally shattered in my hand and spread across the road and footpath. I just stood there in disbelief. No help from ARB. Just $1100 and 3 week wait to replace it. Cleaned up best I could but still getting glass splinters in my hand 4 days later. There was hundreds of tiny bits.

Adam
AdamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

ARB ascent canopy

I have had an ARB ascent canopy on my ford ranger since new, it looks great, easy to use with central locking and just having to press a single button to release the side windows or back window is extremely easy. The only downside I’ve experienced is leaking through the back window seal (the seal that is actually under the aluminum window frame) it has started to perish and I imagine changing it would be more hassle than it’s worth, so I will probably sikaflex around the frame, inside and out.

Happy with the product overall, I will get a full aluminum canopy on my next vehicle, however if you’re in the market for a tub canopy, I think these are the pick of the bunch

Cheryl Nicholls
Cheryl NichollsEyre Peninsula, SA

rear glass of canopy on tailgate

vehicle sitting in driveway and rear glass tail gate of canopy exploded sending glass all over the area. Lucky no one was near the vehicle. Shame on you ARB if you are aware of this issue and not letting your customer know.

Store LocationBeck Motors
Nat
NatPerth, WA

Exploding Glass Jan 2020

Standing along side vehicle with ARB 2 yr old canopy, rear glass tailgate open when it exploded showering glass in a 2 meter radius can't believe this is acceptable someone is going to get seriously hurt
Rang consumer affairs who acknowledge it does happen, no one hurt no action required, WORK THAT OUT

Domenic  Mazzei
Domenic MazzeiSydney, NSW

Excellent product

Have just fitted an alloy bull bar from arb Morebank 103 Newbridge rd could not be happier with both the product and service anyone thinking about fitting a bull bar or any ARB accessories for that matter I would recommend them

Paula
PaulaSoutheast, SA

Arb ascent canopy pop out window (not lift window

Window failure Latch broken again. ARB said pop out window must be closed while driving . It is disappointing and annoying. I would not recommend ascent canopy especially one with pop out windows

unsatisfied customer
unsatisfied customerSouth West, WA

ARB Mandurah

Not open on time had to wait.Job card wasnt ready so i assume i wasnt expected that day (they forgot i reckon)Was told i would get a call when car was ready dropped of at 8am for a set of rear springs (2 hours work at best) i rang at 4.30pm because they close at 5pm.Car was ready when i got there all day to fit a set of rear coil springs not good service i cant believe you need the vehicle all day for a two hour job.I was asked to give feed back via the handout they gave me but wouldnt work on the Web site (weird)Staff were friendly enough just a bit disorganised.

Peter

Full time traveller
Full time travellerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sydney Artarmon - Worst Store Ever!!!

Emergency services looked after

If you are Defence or Emergency services ARB Elizabeth will appreciate your service with a discount - Defence and Emergency services if your adding to your 4WD see ARB Elizabeth first

Yes.... Yet another exploding ARB rear canopy window

It would appear that the back window of the ARB canopy does in fact shatter and explode for no reason. We have footage on our surveillance camera showing the explosion at precisely 6:00 am with absolutely no reason for it to shatter. It would appear we are not the only people scratching our heads by what has happened to the canopy.

Lee
LeeCentral West, NSW

ARB side steps for BT50 2010.

I found this product to be substandard, it is seated far too high from the ground to be actually used as side steps, thus requiring an extra wide gait to be able to enter and exit the vehicle. When issue was brought to customer service attention, they claimed it was not a manufacturer's fault but a purchasers error. While it may not have a manufactured fault it clearly has a design fault, I find this issue is only with this model as all other ARB Mazda side steps sit below the door sill, as these perhaps should. After spending $1500 for this product I'm left with a dud car and an empty bank account.

SP
SP

Yes.. Another exploding canopy glass

Store LocationARB dealership.. but not relevant as this appears to be a design issue.
Adam A
Adam ASydney, NSW

ARB canopy leaking

leaney
leaneySouthern and Hills, SA

Expensive junk

Today, while Ute not in use, the rear glass of my ascent canopy exploded all over the footpath and road. I was in a shop buying my lunch. Some glass fell into the tub. Nobody was near the Ute fortunately. Now driving with plastic taped on until I can get this sorted.
Canopy initially leaked like a sieve until I siliconed and taped all joins.
Rear lock has stopped working three times so far. Servo’s and switches faulty.
This canopy cost a lot of money and so far I’ve had a problem every six months.

Disgruntled
DisgruntledCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

ascent canopy

paid top dollar to get the best available.First rain water in both sides between wheel arches and tailgate.window does not seal onto tailgate can see daylight .ARB Shepparton had me spend half a day while they checked it .They said we will try to chanange the seals and thats all we can do. Got a call today that they have the new seals but cant fit you in for 4 weeks. Maybe time for ombudsman. Goning away late July August. No recommendations here

Other Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops