ARB

ARB (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Vehicle Accessories & Parts Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ARB

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (42)

JS57
JS57Melbourne

Exploding Ascent Canopy side widow.

Ford Ranger 2014 parked in driveway when for no reason the ARB Ascent Canopy side window exploded. With a bit of research it appears to be a very common problem. Arb advised they were unaware of any issues. 4 weeks to get a new one which is a pain in the A.

Store LocationARB
Mal
MalCentral Queensland, QLD

Exploding canopy glass.

I guess I am now in the ARB canopy glass exploding club. Just last week, while hooking up the trailer, the rear glass exploded for no apparent reason. The rear glass was open at the time. While I suffered some minor nicks and cuts to my right arm, I am on blood thinners, luckily nothing major.
Does ARB know how dangerous this or don't they care ?

Alli_Oliver
Alli_OliverMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I would rate 0 stars if I could

Store LocationElizabeth SA
Brett
BrettSouth East Queensland, QLD

Canopy Exploding Glass

New near ARB glass fitted to my D22 canopy. Went to close the lid and it exploded in my hands.
They said not under warranty because I fit it myself and I probably did it wrong.

I will not buy another or rep their brand. All just overpriced Chinese garbage.

Store LocationJindalee ARB

Patrick Carey
Patrick CareySouthwest, VIC

ARB Bullbar Too Heavy for Amarok

We had an ARB Sahara bullbar fitted to our 2016 Amarok. I would not do it again. It is too heavy for the vehicle which now has a shudder running through it on most bumps. I would take it off but that is going to cost more money as a new front panel has to be fitted and painted. The only response from ARB was that we should have upgraded the suspension at a cost of a few thousand dollars!!

Store LocationGeelong

Yet another ARB exploding glass rear window.

This is the second rear ARB canopy window that has exploded for no reason in 2 months. The second time I was standing at the rear of vehicle when it happened. Lucky to not get a piece of this very sharp glass in my eye. A piece cut my chin. Something needs to be done about this before someone does loose a eye. ARB refuse to acknowledge there is a issue and refuse to replace under warranty.
Rude ARB staff and I will take my business elsewhere in future having been a loyal customer for many years with fully optioned vehicles all using ARB products.

Store LocationBurleigh Gold Coast
Adam
AdamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

ARB ascent canopy

I have had an ARB ascent canopy on my ford ranger since new, it looks great, easy to use with central locking and just having to press a single button to release the side windows or back window is extremely easy. The only downside I’ve experienced is leaking through the back window seal (the seal that is actually under the aluminum window frame) it has started to perish and I imagine changing it would be more hassle than it’s worth, so I will probably sikaflex around the frame, inside and out.

Happy with the product overall, I will get a full aluminum canopy on my next vehicle, however if you’re in the market for a tub canopy, I think these are the pick of the bunch

Cheryl Nicholls
Cheryl NichollsEyre Peninsula, SA

rear glass of canopy on tailgate

vehicle sitting in driveway and rear glass tail gate of canopy exploded sending glass all over the area. Lucky no one was near the vehicle. Shame on you ARB if you are aware of this issue and not letting your customer know.

Store LocationBeck Motors
Paula
PaulaSoutheast, SA

Arb ascent canopy pop out window (not lift window

Window failure Latch broken again. ARB said pop out window must be closed while driving . It is disappointing and annoying. I would not recommend ascent canopy especially one with pop out windows

Full time traveller
Full time travellerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sydney Artarmon - Worst Store Ever!!!

Store LocationArtarmon

Yes.... Yet another exploding ARB rear canopy window

It would appear that the back window of the ARB canopy does in fact shatter and explode for no reason. We have footage on our surveillance camera showing the explosion at precisely 6:00 am with absolutely no reason for it to shatter. It would appear we are not the only people scratching our heads by what has happened to the canopy.

leaney
leaneySouthern and Hills, SA

Expensive junk

Today, while Ute not in use, the rear glass of my ascent canopy exploded all over the footpath and road. I was in a shop buying my lunch. Some glass fell into the tub. Nobody was near the Ute fortunately. Now driving with plastic taped on until I can get this sorted.
Canopy initially leaked like a sieve until I siliconed and taped all joins.
Rear lock has stopped working three times so far. Servo’s and switches faulty.
This canopy cost a lot of money and so far I’ve had a problem every six months.

Disgruntled
DisgruntledCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

ascent canopy

paid top dollar to get the best available.First rain water in both sides between wheel arches and tailgate.window does not seal onto tailgate can see daylight .ARB Shepparton had me spend half a day while they checked it .They said we will try to chanange the seals and thats all we can do. Got a call today that they have the new seals but cant fit you in for 4 weeks. Maybe time for ombudsman. Goning away late July August. No recommendations here

Store LocationShepparton ARB
Sharyn
SharynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Canopy

Locks won’t open with the key. Canopy less than 2 years old with lift up windows and I can not open one side or the back. Spoke to salesman who was not interested.

Store LocationBurleigh
Andrew
AndrewPerth, WA

Very poor service

I ordered a ARB bullbar in March 2019 and now 2 months later still waiting for delivery. What kind of business does not offer any progress on your order. Very poor service and won't buy from them again.

Store LocationCaravan and camping show
Jason G
Jason GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not Just ARB, it's the Manufactures Errors

Same Glass in my Canopy from ISUZU, ARB have been good with most of their products. Back canopy window just exploded for no reason. So defiantly a problem with the manufacturing of the Glass. New Car 4yrs ago, 4hrs to clean.

Store LocationYamanto Isuzu
Tim
TimPerth, WA

ARB Ascent rear glass exploded.

My Ford Ranger was parked at front of work. The canopy rear window just exploded on its own, luckily no one was close by. The canopy is just on 4 years old.
I called ARB to insist the the glass must have been faulty for this to happen spontaneously, their response was that there must have been a chip in the glass and the explosion was a delayed reaction to the chip - I don't buy this!
I will now have to fork out $800 for a new window - not impressed ARB.
Tim.