ARB

ARB (page 2 of 3)

Brand Manager for ARB? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Brett
BrettSouth East Queensland, QLD

Canopy Exploding Glass

New near ARB glass fitted to my D22 canopy. Went to close the lid and it exploded in my hands.
They said not under warranty because I fit it myself and I probably did it wrong.

I will not buy another or rep their brand. All just overpriced Chinese garbage.

Patrick Carey
Patrick CareySouthwest, VIC

ARB Bullbar Too Heavy for Amarok

We had an ARB Sahara bullbar fitted to our 2016 Amarok. I would not do it again. It is too heavy for the vehicle which now has a shudder running through it on most bumps. I would take it off but that is going to cost more money as a new front panel has to be fitted and painted. The only response from ARB was that we should have upgraded the suspension at a cost of a few thousand dollars!!

Yet another ARB exploding glass rear window.

This is the second rear ARB canopy window that has exploded for no reason in 2 months. The second time I was standing at the rear of vehicle when it happened. Lucky to not get a piece of this very sharp glass in my eye. A piece cut my chin. Something needs to be done about this before someone does loose a eye. ARB refuse to acknowledge there is a issue and refuse to replace under warranty.
Rude ARB staff and I will take my business elsewhere in future having been a loyal customer for many years with fully optioned vehicles all using ARB products.

ARB Accent Canopy rear window breakage

I have had two rear windscreens of my ARB Accent canopy break in 6 months for no reason - the car was parked in a garage both times. ARB refuse to cover on warranty despite a Google search showing breakage for no reason to be common. I am very disappointed in ARB and expected a much better product and a much better warranty service from them.

ARB canopy glass exploding

just had my canopy glass explode , the second one in three weeks
please be aware that ARB refuses to warrant their product
i am taking the matter up with Consumer Protection and would encourage others to do the same
i would like to point out that i am a Glazier with 30 years experience and a business owner in the glass industry
please do insist that ARB replace your canopy glass under warranty as there is clearly a fault in the manufacturing process

Craig
CraigHobart, TAS

Exploding Glass April 2020

Looks like I just joined the ever increasing line of customer’s with rear glass exploding. It literally shattered in my hand and spread across the road and footpath. I just stood there in disbelief. No help from ARB. Just $1100 and 3 week wait to replace it. Cleaned up best I could but still getting glass splinters in my hand 4 days later. There was hundreds of tiny bits.

Cheryl Nicholls
Cheryl NichollsEyre Peninsula, SA

rear glass of canopy on tailgate

vehicle sitting in driveway and rear glass tail gate of canopy exploded sending glass all over the area. Lucky no one was near the vehicle. Shame on you ARB if you are aware of this issue and not letting your customer know.

Store LocationBeck Motors
Nat
NatPerth, WA

Exploding Glass Jan 2020

Standing along side vehicle with ARB 2 yr old canopy, rear glass tailgate open when it exploded showering glass in a 2 meter radius can't believe this is acceptable someone is going to get seriously hurt
Rang consumer affairs who acknowledge it does happen, no one hurt no action required, WORK THAT OUT

Paula
PaulaSoutheast, SA

Arb ascent canopy pop out window (not lift window

Window failure Latch broken again. ARB said pop out window must be closed while driving . It is disappointing and annoying. I would not recommend ascent canopy especially one with pop out windows

Full time traveller
Full time travellerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sydney Artarmon - Worst Store Ever!!!

Yes.... Yet another exploding ARB rear canopy window

It would appear that the back window of the ARB canopy does in fact shatter and explode for no reason. We have footage on our surveillance camera showing the explosion at precisely 6:00 am with absolutely no reason for it to shatter. It would appear we are not the only people scratching our heads by what has happened to the canopy.

Lee
LeeCentral West, NSW

ARB side steps for BT50 2010.

I found this product to be substandard, it is seated far too high from the ground to be actually used as side steps, thus requiring an extra wide gait to be able to enter and exit the vehicle. When issue was brought to customer service attention, they claimed it was not a manufacturer's fault but a purchasers error. While it may not have a manufactured fault it clearly has a design fault, I find this issue is only with this model as all other ARB Mazda side steps sit below the door sill, as these perhaps should. After spending $1500 for this product I'm left with a dud car and an empty bank account.

SP
SP

Yes.. Another exploding canopy glass

Store LocationARB dealership.. but not relevant as this appears to be a design issue.
leaney
leaneySouthern and Hills, SA

Expensive junk

Today, while Ute not in use, the rear glass of my ascent canopy exploded all over the footpath and road. I was in a shop buying my lunch. Some glass fell into the tub. Nobody was near the Ute fortunately. Now driving with plastic taped on until I can get this sorted.
Canopy initially leaked like a sieve until I siliconed and taped all joins.
Rear lock has stopped working three times so far. Servo’s and switches faulty.
This canopy cost a lot of money and so far I’ve had a problem every six months.

Disgruntled
DisgruntledCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

ascent canopy

paid top dollar to get the best available.First rain water in both sides between wheel arches and tailgate.window does not seal onto tailgate can see daylight .ARB Shepparton had me spend half a day while they checked it .They said we will try to chanange the seals and thats all we can do. Got a call today that they have the new seals but cant fit you in for 4 weeks. Maybe time for ombudsman. Goning away late July August. No recommendations here

Sharyn
SharynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Canopy

Locks won’t open with the key. Canopy less than 2 years old with lift up windows and I can not open one side or the back. Spoke to salesman who was not interested.

Andrew
AndrewPerth, WA

Very poor service

I ordered a ARB bullbar in March 2019 and now 2 months later still waiting for delivery. What kind of business does not offer any progress on your order. Very poor service and won't buy from them again.

Tim
TimPerth, WA

ARB Ascent rear glass exploded.

My Ford Ranger was parked at front of work. The canopy rear window just exploded on its own, luckily no one was close by. The canopy is just on 4 years old.
I called ARB to insist the the glass must have been faulty for this to happen spontaneously, their response was that there must have been a chip in the glass and the explosion was a delayed reaction to the chip - I don't buy this!
I will now have to fork out $800 for a new window - not impressed ARB.
Tim.

Aaron
AaronGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Exploding rear canopy window. No responsibility taken. Going to fair trading. Safety issue

Window exploded out whilst sitting in driveway. Not unusual as it turns out. Buy from competition. Car was sitting in drive with noone near it. Nothing in back noone mowing near it and car has never towed nor been offroad. Shocked that I was initially ignored and then begrudgingly offered a paultry discount on a back window and no responsibility was declared. I have literally sold hundreds of Arb products over the last fifteen years at car dealerships. I will not recommend anymore. Very disappointed.

AdiePerth, WA

Really bad experience from ARB and Parkland Mazda

Adam S
Adam SCoopers Plains

ARB Hilux hard lid and Tango range.

Chris Mansell
Chris MansellFisherman's bay

Artarmon arb charges more than quote

Charged extra 200 for their mistake. Quote to swap a ling range fuel tank, have way through job realised they couldnt do it then charged me for labour when they are the supposed experience who should have known

Keith2
Keith2Adelaide

ARB are a bunch of cowboys (sorry cowboys)

Sue S
Sue SPerth, WA

ARB Canopy - Back window exploded when opened

Back window exploded when it was opened, Glass everywhere and all over my partner. No explanation and when ARB Canning Vale were called their response was, don't know... Now to pay another $700 for a replacement when clearly there is something wrong with these windows. After reading other reviews clearly ARB need to look after their customers and pay for replacement windows and not expect the customer to pay for an OBVIOUS design flaw

Dangerous, ARB back window exploded

ARB ascent canopy rear window exploded, for no apparent reason, parked at the time for about one hour, shattered glass thrown about 5 m, hate to be standing in front of it, rang ARB and was told it can't happen for no reason, well it did, now there out of stock, for some reason, I wonder what!!!

Other Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops