AreYouSelling.com.au

AreYouSelling.com.au (page 3 of 4)

See the Best Online Vehicle Sales Sites in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by AreYouSelling.com.au

Prince
PrinceSydney

Very Bad Sales Tactics - Asked the car for 500$

We had to sell our Hyundai Getz 2010 1.6 Litre engine 96K odometer. They quoted 2000 to 3000 in phone but after seeing the car they asked for 500$. It was so embarrassing with the quoted price the car was roadworthy , running in road , recent tyres , battery - less than 4K kilometres on the new tyres. On the top with 8 Month Rego left where i will get half of the quoted money back if I cancel the rego.

The tech guy was showing his car and told that he got it for free and he is doing us a favour by offering 500$ and literally was standing In our door step for us to say Yes for his 500$ offer.

I politely denied the offer and advised him I am not willing to discuss on this anymore.

Didn’t honour contract

Had made a deal and signed a contract to say they were to buy my car for $8000. A few days later they called to say that the car wasn’t the model they thought it was and I could either accept $5000-6000 or cancel the deal. In the meantime, I had declined other offers to buy the car as I was honouring the contract I had signed. Very disappointed with them.

Really bad was terriable

Dan
Dan

Would not use again or recommend

Absolute Clowns

Made a deal with them signed paper. A couple of days later called me to say didn't wont car any more sorry. That was it. I advised the as per contract they must do that in writing and not just by a phone call. Took two weeks to get confirmation in writing. Which meant Lost money by cancelling my Adverts ( as I signed A deal with them ). I also couldn't resell car for a couple of weeks until they sent me confirmation of cancelling contract in writing. They were good at quoting contract which says they can cancel anytime . But forget the part about doing it in writing.

Timmy
TimmyMid North Coast, NSW

Give you an estimate then offer you less on the phone...

They tell you a price then offer you way less, when cars in perfect condition. I've had two cars go through inspection and both immaculate.

Katy S.AreYouSelling.com.auSend a private message

Unfortunately the used car market is completely overloaded with cars which is why the price may be lower than you expected. I'm sure your cars were immaculate, however it isn't about the car itself, it's the market that is the problem.

Dodgy - AVOID

I sold my car to these guys last year. All seemed OK - i wanted to keep my car for a few weeks (dad was sick) and advised them of that from the start. Firstly they =really pressed me, I mean really pressed me to make an immediate decision. I did but wrote on the contract that pick up was in a few weeks. They then deposited the money into my account early and immediately started hassling me to collect the vehicle- phone call after phone call. Rude and pushy. Also be minded they take almost 200 from the figure for fees. They dont tell you this upfront. AVOID

RICHARD
RICHARD

Didn't even get an offer..

My car did not get an offer. After 1.5 weeks i get a text saying my car does not meet criteria for them to buy. Listed everything that was wrong, so they could do a fair price. All they want is cars that they can flip quickly that they can buy cheap. Will never try and use again.

NajeePerth

All they did was lie lie lie!

Their ad says top dollars and their quote was reasonable. However, they call you before they check the car and tell you stuff that's all wrong and try to degrade your vehicle to slash 50%+ off the quote. i had to argue with them to tell them to see the car first but they were adamant to give the lowest price ever. This is a car worth around $10,000 and they were wanting to buy it for $2,000. The car was in great conditions and never had a crash and low kilometres.
Not impressed, and lying about their promises and what is on their ad.

Jess J
Jess JPerth

Lead down the garden path.

I filled out the details of my vehicle on their website and was given a quote between 6000 and 8200 for my vehicle. I filled out all my details for someone to contact me. I received an email telling me how eager they were to buy my car and to call them back ASAP. I called a number of times and heard nothing. I sent another email asking what was going on. I then received a phone call from a man named [name removed] who offered me between 5000-6000 with ought even seeing the car. Felt tricked into to speaking to anyone and found them very dishonest.

Total Rubbish Con Artists

They gave a quote, and once I tried to cancel the sale, they couldn't be bothered answering the phone. They made sure the money went through and the registration was all done prior to me getting through and cancelling. Primarily, because it was a 4x4 dual cab ute, they just wanted it full stop, regardless of any objections. Would love to see these guys chased out of Australia again. If you can avoid dealing with them, avoid it at all costs. Personally, I wouldn't give them any stars at all as they are a total con.

Katy S.AreYouSelling.com.auSend a private message

Don't waste your time - you will never get it back - They don't guarantee best price, full stop!

Ants PantsSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a bunch of Clowns

Ants Pants

No communication from you was clear or accurate. No threats were made. Typical redirection from a company with very poor customer service and what I would call shady business practice at best.

Katy S.AreYouSelling.com.auSend a private message

Do you give the company permission to publish the email you sent us ?

Con artists

Gave up front information over the phone. They came and viewed the car and said it was in good condition for its age and kms then offered a third less than their phone offer. The phone calls are just a hook and serve no indication of what they will actually pay. The guarantee they provide of paying more than anyone else is also crap.

Katy S.AreYouSelling.com.auSend a private message

The company came to visit you at their own expense! We made an offer of what we were willing to pay. We wish you all the best with your sale.

Jono
Jono

Sold the next day to a dalealer for substantially more than your offer. The claims on your website are completely false.

Blatant dishonesty.

Katy S.AreYouSelling.com.auSend a private message

Biggest con dont bother unless you want your time wasted

Promise me $16,500 for my territory then tell me the car is unsalable and they cant pay me the amount the guaranteed over the phone as they claim didn't know i had so many K's (mean while I was open and honest about everything) drove 100kms to their office only to be played by a bunch of British backpackers, BUYER/SELLER beware these guys keep the used car salesman stereotype alive and well.

Michael Close
Michael Close

Noted & thank you for your response

Be Careful

I sold my Lotus Elise after THEY contacted me. The prices they say they will pay vary greatly between when they first contact you to when they finally sign. It's a bit of a con from the start but NOT my main complaint. I signed all their paperwork and transfer documents. You even pay a fee for transfer. They didn't complete their side and as a result Dept Of Transport have suspended my license because this company did not do what they should have and dispite taking a fee for! They tell you you don't need to fill in transfer forms as supplied by DOT as theirs is enough. But if you don't you will get your license suspended, fined etc for them not doing something they should have done and took a fee for. BE VERY CAREFUL.

Katy S.AreYouSelling.com.auSend a private message

The company sent your proof we did everything right and followed process. The issue was between you and the transport department. However, you've decided to keep your review up and blame us for your license suspension..... Jerk.

Katy S.AreYouSelling.com.auSend a private message

We have sent you a solicitors letter, this is correct. It wasn't an ultimatum or a threat. You have blatantly defamed the business. The car was deregistered, period.

Time wasting, unprofessional, cold hearted LIARS.

YogendraGold coast

Absolutely thief

Yogendra

If you think there was mistake n you are honest then why don't you give me that $1000? If that was not as a plan then u should give me that initial price, and u can prove that u guys are good.

Katy S.AreYouSelling.com.auSend a private message

Terrible - waste of time.

Quote you really under the value.
Promise you a price 2-3 grand under value.
When you get there take a further 5 grand off.
Time wasters and the owner is rude.

Hi Anne,
Thanks for your feedback but that simply doesn't happen unless there was an initial miscommunication, or damage upon inspection. Please contact our sales team on 1300 788 067 if you have any further questions.

S G
S G

Don't waste your time

They want to pay nothing for your car

i rang about selling my car and spoke with bobby he told me that he would give me $3000 for a 2006 ford fiesta auto. I said no as i wanted to sell it for more like $5000. So today i rang back and said i found a new car that i wanted to buy so i was going to take his $3000 offer then today he told me that my was only worth $1,700 i was shocked its worth way more than that. He told me that in 3 weeks that my car was worth less now than before i said to him in 3 weeks whats changed. HE WAS VERY RUDE TO ME ON THE PHONE WOULD NEVER USE THEM.

Tash
Tash

Don't bother, waste of time.

They tried to get a 2013 Yaris with some damage for 4000. LOL.

I can tell these people prey on the poor and desperate but since I'm neither I certainly wasn't going to take that price.

There is probably a couple of thousand dollars in damage due to someone driving into the back and dislodging the edges of the bumper but to try and get it for around 8000 less than resale value is horrible unethical.

No skin off my nose, I'll just sell privately.

Don't bother unless your destitute and need to leave the country immediately.

Katy S.AreYouSelling.com.auSend a private message

Terrible, don't waste your time.

These guys are crooks, they undervalue well maintained cars just so they can make greater margins. The claims they provide on their website are just not true. Their vehicle appraisal is nothing but dodgy.

Stay away.

Christian
Christian

What a waste of time!

Say they will buy any car below 180k and after 2002 - a lie, they refused to buy my car, and then back-tracked to say they would offer $400... really? For a perfect condition 2009 Proton Gen 2 GX, 58,500km, FSH. They have a price beat guarantee - don't let that fool you - they wouldn't go near the price I had already been offered, $400 was their max!!

Dodgy company - leave well alone and sell privately if you can!