Ark ArkPak 730

See the Best Generators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ark? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

PETER
PETER

Had it for 5 years and very happy with performance.

Used extensively under all conditions with little problem. Developed an issue last month and Brett at Arkpak has been great in helping sort it. Still happy I chose the Arkpak.

Purchased in June 2013 at Autobarn for $499.00.

Pauli
PauliSouth East Queensland, QLD

Arkpak 730 (P) 300w 240 volt pure sine + 135ah AGM battery

Bought this product along with a 135ah AGM battery as a package in March 2019 to use as a freezer as we travelled round Australia. We linked the Arkpak with a Kings 45l fridge/freezer, as we travelled we charged through the cigarette lighter/power port, we bought a splitter & had one go to the freezer the other to the battery pack, when camped we used a 250w solar panel. In the 10 months (33,000km) away including 2 weeks up the Gibb River Road we had no problems at all. We used the 240 volt to run clippers to cut hair (saving $25 every couple of weeks or so) we also used the 240v to run the lap top. This is not a cheap set up, but we could not fault the quality or function of this product.

Purchased in March 2019 for $910.00.

phedusSouth East Queensland, QLD

P.O.S

I have exchanged this unit three times. Different batteries tried and faults constantly.

*"Do not depend on this product**

500 bucks down the drown.

Make yourself a battery box without the POS inverter and save yourself a few hundred bucks.

So very disappointed again.

Purchased in July 2019 at BCF Physical Store for $500.00.

Not Happy Camper
Not Happy CamperGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not Happy Camper

Purchased an Arkpak 730. I believe the charger in the unit is not sufficient. My new battery went dead. Need to buy a new battery and a different charging system. Will not recommend or touch this product again. On return, the salesrep was not surprised to see another faulty Arkpak.

James
JamesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dont buy rubbish. Waste of my hard earned money.

POS. Kept coming up on display have you put a new battery in. Said no. Now will not switch on. Never buy. Waste of my hard earned money. Stay away from this box.
Cant contact arc for help.

kimberley w.
kimberley w.

real crap

only
lets you use 20 percent of power before cutting out, load of crap do not buy, real piece off crap, suppose
to cut out when down to 20 percent not a good buy really annoying as can not find receipt to take back to Anaconda got last year only started using it 2 months ago don't not go there

Purchased in September 2018 for $455.00.

not happy with ark pak

Purchased in June 2018 for $510.00.

DRB.
DRB.Hobart, TAS

Use lithium

Good unit. Runs ARB fridge 24/7 (home beer fridge) with lithium battery on 240v charge, away camping can get 4.5 days easy on just battery alone, add regulated solar keeps battery over 90% easily. Lithium LiFePO4 100AH battery used due to 14kg weight means I can lift it, AGM 120AH at 41kg is not really portable. No issues with system at all, good product.

Purchased in March 2017 at BCF Physical Store for $490.00.

Mike
MikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Inverter issues

The Ark pack works fine using DC current but even when you turn the switch on to use the inverter in continually beeps... Voltage is fine but the inverter won't power a small light without beeping.... Seems reliable for DC current only... Disappointed with inverter set up

Purchased in October 2018 at BCF Physical Store for $600.00.

Find out how Ark ArkPak 730 compares to other Generators

This product needs to be taken off the shelf!!

Purchased in April 2018.

Lynda
Lynda

Good product but took some understanding

Apart from replacement 240 volt charger price, it’s a great product. Took me a while to understand it. I leave it on the back floor of my car as it’s very heavy for arthritic elbows. I charge it from solar panels about one day a week while not using it. While camping it ran a small compressor fridge while laso charging phone etc. works well.

Purchased in January 2016.

piece of junk

first trip with arcpac 730 had it plugged in to charge while driving. Seemed to drain still while only running small Engle fridge. On return home tried charging on 240v, no success. Contacted Arc who said it must be a problem with battery. $400 dollars later for new battery on next trip, blown fuse in 12v charging cable. Replaced and blew fuse in car. Fridge still runs off pac but cant charge. also only one 12v outlet works. Will be binning and buying another brand

Purchased in February 2017.

Waz
WazCargo

What a waste of money and time

Had for under two years lost two fridge fulls of food it has been back twice for repair. Would not recommend to anyone as it doesn’t cost much more to put in a auxiliary battery .i can put in a fully charged battery it will tell me it is half charged and at times it will not charge and other times it will but only half charge battery and tell me it is fully changed have brought two batteries and does the same with both of them

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Lee
Leecairns

Waste of money

Over couple years got error open circuit. Next I check box and at 100per cent. Plug into car to maintain get to destination 0%. Today put on charge at 48% went onto boost for 2 hours then went back it's on 100 float cycle. Rubbish rubbish rubbish. Had a kickass battery box 3 years no hassles whatsoever. Do not buy this power station.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015
Embo8u
Embo8uIllawarra, NSW

Excellent product

I run 65l fridge with camp lights with solar panels on110amp battery had it 12months no issues never gets below 70% great unit stays in my car full time unless someone wants to borrow my fridge never had an issue best piece of gear I’ve bought for camping and long trips away

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Lisa
Lisaasked
Ark ArkPak 730

What does it mean when the lcd screen shows “alarm battery polarity”?

NC
NC

battery connected wrong way around

Dobre
Dobre asked
Ark ArkPak 730

I have a 4yo ArkPak 730. Can I run a Li phosphate ion battery with BMS. IF I can, what type of battery can I dial in as Lithium is not offered on menu.

Patrick G.
Patrick G.asked
Ark ArkPak 730

Arkpak 2 days old. My Arkpak screen shows an alarm that say “low input voltage”. Keeps flashing and I can remove it from the screen. How can I remove this alarm. Pls help. Cheers

phedus

If it's when charging, check the inline due for the car charger or the AC charger might be busted.

Car charging also depends of the plus your hooking into.

Hecticated

I too have this problem on my mate's Arkpak 730 it also says Alarm Low Input Voltage when trying to charge both with Car charger and Wall charger. I happen to have the same Arkpak 730 with my own chargers and battery. We tested his battery and all of his chargers with my Arkpak and no issue - suggesting he has a problem with the charging mechanism in his ArkPak. I'm curious to know if the alternatively badged battery boxes might have a similar issue (Engel Smart Battery Box Series 2 or Thunder Weekender) or if anyone out there with those boxes experiences a similar error ?

Hecticated

Had a chat with ArkPak guys and found that the issue was a melted and worn connector on the inside. Even though it says warning do not open - the gear inside once you open the lid (4 screws) is easily modular and accessible and the suggestion to do this and repair this connector was given by one of the ArkPak guys themselves. I went to JayCar and bought a plastic crimp on connector and replaced the one inside that was a bit burnt and worn and all was good after that - has been working well.

Compare all 3 Ark ArkPak