Ark ArkPak 730 Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Ark? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

9 questions from our users

Lisa
Lisaasked
Ark ArkPak 730

What does it mean when the lcd screen shows “alarm battery polarity”?

NC
NC

battery connected wrong way around

Dobre
Dobre asked
Ark ArkPak 730

I have a 4yo ArkPak 730. Can I run a Li phosphate ion battery with BMS. IF I can, what type of battery can I dial in as Lithium is not offered on menu.

Patrick G.
Patrick G.asked
Ark ArkPak 730

Arkpak 2 days old. My Arkpak screen shows an alarm that say “low input voltage”. Keeps flashing and I can remove it from the screen. How can I remove this alarm. Pls help. Cheers

phedus
phedus

If it's when charging, check the inline due for the car charger or the AC charger might be busted.

Car charging also depends of the plus your hooking into.

Hecticated

I too have this problem on my mate's Arkpak 730 it also says Alarm Low Input Voltage when trying to charge both with Car charger and Wall charger. I happen to have the same Arkpak 730 with my own chargers and battery. We tested his battery and all of his chargers with my Arkpak and no issue - suggesting he has a problem with the charging mechanism in his ArkPak. I'm curious to know if the alternatively badged battery boxes might have a similar issue (Engel Smart Battery Box Series 2 or Thunder Weekender) or if anyone out there with those boxes experiences a similar error ?

Hecticated

Had a chat with ArkPak guys and found that the issue was a melted and worn connector on the inside. Even though it says warning do not open - the gear inside once you open the lid (4 screws) is easily modular and accessible and the suggestion to do this and repair this connector was given by one of the ArkPak guys themselves. I went to JayCar and bought a plastic crimp on connector and replaced the one inside that was a bit burnt and worn and all was good after that - has been working well.

Scott S
Scott Sasked

Hi
I have an Arkpak 730 & was wondering if you are able to still have solar connected to the Arkpak while driving and having it also connect to the car for charging?
So 2 sources of charging at the same time coming in.

Regards,
Scott

Craig L.
Craig L.

I have my Arkpak fitted in my van with a Projector 3 way charger that allows it to be charges via solar and an alternator at the same time. Its a 25amp DC/DC charger.

Hecticated

If you use the cigarette lighter cable that comes with it - it works fine doing both solar and charging through cig lighter port. Can definitely use both and run fridge or whatever at the same time.

Matt
Mattasked
Ark ArkPak 730

Have an issue where the fan doesn't work and the battery voltage is almost 1 volt higher than what the ark pack displays on screen. Was on charge for 3 days and seems the battery is not charging sufficiently although I have 24v DC being supplied from the 240v AC power pack and all fuses are intact. I have checked for proper connections at the battery and correct battery type.
I believe the unit is probably out of warranty as I can't find the receipt but I would expect it to of lasted longer than this. What can I do to have this unit fixed?

Rodney
Rodneyasked

Hi
I have the 730 and hooked up to a Anderson plug
My question is when I stop to camp do I turn the isolater switch to off or do I leave it on
I turned it off and my main battery went flat then I turned it on and my main battery then started the car .
Or do I leave it on all the time .
I am confused what’s to do .
Then I hook solar panels to the box do I leave the isolater on as well ?
I just want to know where and when I leave the isolater on and off can any one help

David M.
David M.

Hi Rodney,
I have the 730 with a 135 AH battery hooked up to 2 x 40litre Engels that run 52 weeks a year. I always leave the isolator ON. I also turn the led screen OFF. I do turn it on every now and then just to check the battery life. I have 2 x 200w solar panels connected in series and this system works perfect. I ditched the small cable and solar controllers from the panels and upgraded to 6mm cable. My Victron mppt solar controller is mounted next to the ArcPak. My advise is to have a good mppt solar controller, this is the key to maintaining good battery life and only gives the battery the charge it requires.
Cheers
David

kimberley w.
kimberley w.

I can agree as above with David I have found the same thing leave isolator On and turn off led screen it will work better

Russell D
Russell Dasked
Ark ArkPak 730

Hi just bought arkpak 730 and unsure what battery size to get? ... will only need to run a 60l fridge and recharge phones off 12v outlet for 3 days max ... don't want to over capitalise on a 130ah if smaller will do the job! TIA

Jesse James
Jesse James

Trust me you’ll need the largest capacity battery arkpak is compatible with. 3 days is a a long time... and I’d go for a solar pannel just in case

Hecticated

If you get a Lithium LiPo battery it will last 3 days easy with little to no recharging. With a Solar Panel of only 150W (and decent lithium capable controller) it will be positively geared and you won't ever run out of battery.

Jacobasked
Ark ArkPak 730

I have a arkpac 730 and when I plug my fridge into the 12v cig socket it turns on for a second and turns straight back off any idea what is happening battery is fully charged

Dave

Check your setting on the fridge,does it have a low,hi setting.make sure it's on low it happened to me.

Jacob

How do you check the settings on the fridge ?? I have a waeco fridge

Hecticated

The battery probably has some sort of issue. Stick with Lithium and the BMS inside it will easily power any fridge.

Bryce
Bryceasked
Ark ArkPak 730

Can i use a 240v generater and solar panels at the same time to charge battery?

Dave

Hello,not sure about both together but could maybe use separately.best to check with ark direct.

Alex47
Alex47

No. Once u connect the arkpak to the generator the arkpak will ignore the solar panel so there is no point even connecting the panel in the first place. Hope this helps.

Hecticated

This is absolutely not true - Yes you can use both I have been doing it entire Australia day long weekend.

Other Generators