Ark ArkPak 730

See the Best Generators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ark? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

phedusSouth East Queensland, QLD

P.O.S

I have exchanged this unit three times. Different batteries tried and faults constantly.

*"Do not depend on this product**

500 bucks down the drown.

Make yourself a battery box without the POS inverter and save yourself a few hundred bucks.

So very disappointed again.

Purchased in July 2019 at BCF Physical Store for $500.00.

Not Happy Camper
Not Happy CamperGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not Happy Camper

Purchased an Arkpak 730. I believe the charger in the unit is not sufficient. My new battery went dead. Need to buy a new battery and a different charging system. Will not recommend or touch this product again. On return, the salesrep was not surprised to see another faulty Arkpak.

James
JamesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dont buy rubbish. Waste of my hard earned money.

POS. Kept coming up on display have you put a new battery in. Said no. Now will not switch on. Never buy. Waste of my hard earned money. Stay away from this box.
Cant contact arc for help.

kimberley w.
kimberley w.

real crap

only
lets you use 20 percent of power before cutting out, load of crap do not buy, real piece off crap, suppose
to cut out when down to 20 percent not a good buy really annoying as can not find receipt to take back to Anaconda got last year only started using it 2 months ago don't not go there

Purchased in September 2018 for $455.00.

Generators

Find out how Ark ArkPak 730 compares to other Generators

not happy with ark pak

Purchased in June 2018 for $510.00.

This product needs to be taken off the shelf!!

Purchased in April 2018.

piece of junk

first trip with arcpac 730 had it plugged in to charge while driving. Seemed to drain still while only running small Engle fridge. On return home tried charging on 240v, no success. Contacted Arc who said it must be a problem with battery. $400 dollars later for new battery on next trip, blown fuse in 12v charging cable. Replaced and blew fuse in car. Fridge still runs off pac but cant charge. also only one 12v outlet works. Will be binning and buying another brand

Purchased in February 2017.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Waz
WazCargo

What a waste of money and time

Had for under two years lost two fridge fulls of food it has been back twice for repair. Would not recommend to anyone as it doesn’t cost much more to put in a auxiliary battery .i can put in a fully charged battery it will tell me it is half charged and at times it will not charge and other times it will but only half charge battery and tell me it is fully changed have brought two batteries and does the same with both of them

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Lee
Leecairns

Waste of money

Over couple years got error open circuit. Next I check box and at 100per cent. Plug into car to maintain get to destination 0%. Today put on charge at 48% went onto boost for 2 hours then went back it's on 100 float cycle. Rubbish rubbish rubbish. Had a kickass battery box 3 years no hassles whatsoever. Do not buy this power station.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015
Generators

Find out how Ark ArkPak 730 compares to other Generators

Great concept but quality needs to improve

First unit wouldn’t charge. Lost the unit for 3 weeks to get it repaired by ArkPak. Unit not reliable in my experience; battery 100% one minute, low battery warning the next or unit doesn’t start at all. Intermittent performance, sometimes fine for days. I really like the concept but the quality of the unit needs improvement.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Gave up

Had my ARKPAC 730 for a couple of years now. When I got it I installed a Century GEM deep cycle battery, it charged up, we went camping and the unit performed well. Came home and tried to charge the battery, tried a number of times since and no matter what I did could not charge the battery through 240v charger. The only way I charge the ARKPAK now is to use solar panels direct to the battery, I'm not interested in trying to fix the problem anymore, especially when I read and hear about so many people having so many problems with their ARKPAK. The ARKPAK is a great idea but they don't work. An expensive lesson learned.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Lisa
Lisaasked
Ark ArkPak 730

What does it mean when the lcd screen shows “alarm battery polarity”?

NC
NC

battery connected wrong way around

Dobre
Dobre asked
Ark ArkPak 730

I have a 4yo ArkPak 730. Can I run a Li phosphate ion battery with BMS. IF I can, what type of battery can I dial in as Lithium is not offered on menu.

Patrick G.
Patrick G.asked
Ark ArkPak 730

Arkpak 2 days old. My Arkpak screen shows an alarm that say “low input voltage”. Keeps flashing and I can remove it from the screen. How can I remove this alarm. Pls help. Cheers

phedus

If it's when charging, check the inline due for the car charger or the AC charger might be busted.

Car charging also depends of the plus your hooking into.

Hecticated

I too have this problem on my mate's Arkpak 730 it also says Alarm Low Input Voltage when trying to charge both with Car charger and Wall charger. I happen to have the same Arkpak 730 with my own chargers and battery. We tested his battery and all of his chargers with my Arkpak and no issue - suggesting he has a problem with the charging mechanism in his ArkPak. I'm curious to know if the alternatively badged battery boxes might have a similar issue (Engel Smart Battery Box Series 2 or Thunder Weekender) or if anyone out there with those boxes experiences a similar error ?

Hecticated

Had a chat with ArkPak guys and found that the issue was a melted and worn connector on the inside. Even though it says warning do not open - the gear inside once you open the lid (4 screws) is easily modular and accessible and the suggestion to do this and repair this connector was given by one of the ArkPak guys themselves. I went to JayCar and bought a plastic crimp on connector and replaced the one inside that was a bit burnt and worn and all was good after that - has been working well.

Compare all 3 Ark ArkPak