Ark ArkPak 730

See the Best Generators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ark? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Mike
MikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Inverter issues

The Ark pack works fine using DC current but even when you turn the switch on to use the inverter in continually beeps... Voltage is fine but the inverter won't power a small light without beeping.... Seems reliable for DC current only... Disappointed with inverter set up

Purchased in October 2018 at BCF Physical Store for $600.00.

Reasonable only

Good for running our evakool fridge...BUT had to wire charging plug for it through battery isolator so cranking battery wouldn't go flat when ute turned off AND have just found our 2nd 240 volt charger for it has died. Rays outdoors in shepparton where good enough to replace it but bloody annoying when it stops working miles from anywhere!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Other Generators

Lisa
Lisaasked
Ark ArkPak 730

What does it mean when the lcd screen shows “alarm battery polarity”?

NC
NC

battery connected wrong way around

Dobre
Dobre asked
Ark ArkPak 730

I have a 4yo ArkPak 730. Can I run a Li phosphate ion battery with BMS. IF I can, what type of battery can I dial in as Lithium is not offered on menu.

Patrick G.
Patrick G.asked
Ark ArkPak 730

Arkpak 2 days old. My Arkpak screen shows an alarm that say “low input voltage”. Keeps flashing and I can remove it from the screen. How can I remove this alarm. Pls help. Cheers

phedus
phedus

If it's when charging, check the inline due for the car charger or the AC charger might be busted.

Car charging also depends of the plus your hooking into.

Hecticated

I too have this problem on my mate's Arkpak 730 it also says Alarm Low Input Voltage when trying to charge both with Car charger and Wall charger. I happen to have the same Arkpak 730 with my own chargers and battery. We tested his battery and all of his chargers with my Arkpak and no issue - suggesting he has a problem with the charging mechanism in his ArkPak. I'm curious to know if the alternatively badged battery boxes might have a similar issue (Engel Smart Battery Box Series 2 or Thunder Weekender) or if anyone out there with those boxes experiences a similar error ?

Hecticated

Had a chat with ArkPak guys and found that the issue was a melted and worn connector on the inside. Even though it says warning do not open - the gear inside once you open the lid (4 screws) is easily modular and accessible and the suggestion to do this and repair this connector was given by one of the ArkPak guys themselves. I went to JayCar and bought a plastic crimp on connector and replaced the one inside that was a bit burnt and worn and all was good after that - has been working well.

Compare all 3 Ark ArkPak