Ark ArkPak

Ark ArkPak (page 2 of 3)

730, 715, 620
See the Best Generators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ark? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Great concept but quality needs to improve

First unit wouldn’t charge. Lost the unit for 3 weeks to get it repaired by ArkPak. Unit not reliable in my experience; battery 100% one minute, low battery warning the next or unit doesn’t start at all. Intermittent performance, sometimes fine for days. I really like the concept but the quality of the unit needs improvement.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Great product

I’ve had my ark pak for around 2 years now and it’s been awesome. I use it to run my 60litre Engel as dual battery isn’t an option with me and it hasn’t missed a beat. I use a cheap 160w solar panel and it charges to 100% every day while running the fridge at 2 degrees. They are expensive but also worth the money.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Dave
DaveSydney, NSW

perfect camping item.

Best camping item I have ever purchased,plug in fridge,lights,charge all electronic gadgets.
Will last 5 days and still not to low.
Also will be using a solar blanket to top up.
Doesn't take up much space in the back and doesn't get hot and no noise.
Definitely recommend this product.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Sam
SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works great to run fridge and lights

Love the Ark PaK - my car doesn't have a duel battery and this was a great cost effective and transportable option. The PaK come in and out of my car to run lights, charge phones and run a fridge while camping.
I have recently bought a 160w solar panel which powers the battery on longer trips - love the screen that shows battery levels and power usage.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Gave up

Had my ARKPAC 730 for a couple of years now. When I got it I installed a Century GEM deep cycle battery, it charged up, we went camping and the unit performed well. Came home and tried to charge the battery, tried a number of times since and no matter what I did could not charge the battery through 240v charger. The only way I charge the ARKPAK now is to use solar panels direct to the battery, I'm not interested in trying to fix the problem anymore, especially when I read and hear about so many people having so many problems with their ARKPAK. The ARKPAK is a great idea but they don't work. An expensive lesson learned.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
mickyDee
mickyDeeMooloolaba

Disappointing 730

I bought the AP730 as I wanted to have the best. I saved to get this unit. I took it camping for the 1st time and it was amazing.. my solar panels charged it up through the day and ran my engel for the total duration of our trip at zero degrees. Charged up phones etc..
Went to take it on the second trip a few months later I unplugged it from the wall and the screen went blank. I noticed the 10amp and 30amp fuses had blown. I replaced them and once the inverter was switched on the 30 amp would blow again. Emailed Arkcorp I'm still waiting for their reply/help.. that was 2 weeks ago now!!
Great product but way too expensive to use once!
Customer care ZERO.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Justin
JustinBrisbane

Crap, fried my new deep cycle battery when charged it

Not happy,wrecked my new deep cycle battery when it was charging,led screen was as saying it needed to be charged,did so for 12 hours and then re check it via a proper battery tester at battery world , battery was over charged and damage was already done,destroyed a $300 battery! Thanks for nothing Ark Pak

Date PurchasedOct 2016
TV Tech
TV TechMelbourne

Not as claimed, but OK

It does all the things it should, but with issues
Very noisy fan makes charging in a sleeping area not an option
Open Circuit Alarm always going off (just Google it)
240volt adapter will die early, replacement is $$$$$

Support is good, the people at Arkpak have much online support
But when you are paying north of $400 for an empty box, should you expect such issues?

Date PurchasedJune 2014

Reasonable only

Good for running our evakool fridge...BUT had to wire charging plug for it through battery isolator so cranking battery wouldn't go flat when ute turned off AND have just found our 2nd 240 volt charger for it has died. Rays outdoors in shepparton where good enough to replace it but bloody annoying when it stops working miles from anywhere!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Find out how Ark ArkPak compares to other Generators

No problems with the item as it does what it says

Absolutely helped me to understand way better with practical use as I went along!great product wouldn't be without it now!10 out of 10 to manufacturer enjoy the look also.Totally good for charge of batteries as it conditions them back to optimum charge level every time.Very handy for those camp trips also as batterie power for every thing I threw at it in terms of living easily.Economic to run and not bad on the inviroment.Thums up to the performance also!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Arkpak 620 model

I have a tip if interested
If anyones ac adapter doesn't work anymore, do what I do and use my laptop one. It works for me, try it before forking out for a new one. We charge ours with 150w solar whilst camping to run our 60lt evakool frige freezer/lights, charge phone etc.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Not Impressed

Not ideal for remote camping

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Biggest waste of money

Date PurchasedApr 2014

Great for camping, picnics and days on the beach!

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Go for the Thunder Weekender - It's better and cheaper

There appears to be a problem with the inverter. I know of 3, including my own, that continually trip the fuse on 240v appliances. I got a refund from a very resistant store manager in Darwin (BCF) and went with the Thunder Weekender. The Weekender is a far super product in my opinion.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Get something else.

I've had my ark Pac for about 3 years now. It's still going but is my third unit. First unit the screen never worked out of the box took it back to bcf and they replaced entirely unit. About a year on lost another screen and was replaced by arc pac. Had problems with $100 dc charger which melted in the cigarette socket ark Pac said they would put another end on it. Not concerned about a melting adapter not good enough. Now won't chrg on 240. Just not worth the money.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

An all inclusive design that is missing a few basic features.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
emjan
emjanAU

amended review, working well on 12V

Date PurchasedMay 2013
Mong
MongSouth East Queensland, QLD

Think its great

Had my arkpak for two years now and never had an issue with it when we go camping i use it to charge all our fones and plug our camp lights into it it also charges the two batteries in the camp trailer if it needs a charge i plug the solar panels in as i said never had a problem YET.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Thomas
ThomasGoulburn Valley, VIC

Excellent product and very portable

Date PurchasedSept 2016
iceyapple
iceyapplesydney

Ark Pak AP730 thumbs up from me

Hi All, just wanted to let everyone know that for me the Ark Pak has been great no problem keeping my engel cold, charging up phones and LED lights at night i can easily get 4.5 to 5 days use without putting power back into using a 130 Amp AGM battery, had to ring several times for support in terms of using it correctly and found support staff great, so a thumbs up from me, i know everyone has a different experience so i thought i would share mine

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Rubbish

Never worked. Charge's ok but no power from inverter, USB or lighter sockets. Problem with isolator switch, ArkPac suggest turning switch on & off a few times, didn't fix it. Seriously that remedy says everything. Bunnings no longer stock it because they had so many returns. DON"T WASTE YOUR TIME.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Buy a car battery & solar panels would work better!

Boesman
Boesman

Gives me power everywhere

Ric BRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Unreliable

I purchased the ArkPak 730 (black handles) 3 months ago. It broke down on the first camp trip. It kept blowing internal fuses and was replaced under warranty. Ruined our trip as we had no fridge. 2nd camp trip it worked fine. I'm getting it ready for its 3rd trip and now it won't charge off the mains power. ArkPak are replacing the mains adapter charger. I have little confidence left in this item.