730, 715, 620
See the Best Generators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ark? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Mike
MikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Inverter issues

The Ark pack works fine using DC current but even when you turn the switch on to use the inverter in continually beeps... Voltage is fine but the inverter won't power a small light without beeping.... Seems reliable for DC current only... Disappointed with inverter set up

Purchased in October 2018 at BCF Physical Store for $600.00.

TV Tech
TV TechMelbourne

Not as claimed, but OK

It does all the things it should, but with issues
Very noisy fan makes charging in a sleeping area not an option
Open Circuit Alarm always going off (just Google it)
240volt adapter will die early, replacement is $$$$$

Support is good, the people at Arkpak have much online support
But when you are paying north of $400 for an empty box, should you expect such issues?

Date PurchasedJune 2014

Other Generators

Reasonable only

Good for running our evakool fridge...BUT had to wire charging plug for it through battery isolator so cranking battery wouldn't go flat when ute turned off AND have just found our 2nd 240 volt charger for it has died. Rays outdoors in shepparton where good enough to replace it but bloody annoying when it stops working miles from anywhere!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2015

An all inclusive design that is missing a few basic features.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Generators

Find out how Ark ArkPak compares to other Generators

Jack
Jackasked
ArkPak

Hi, I want to set up my ArkPak full time as a dual battery set up in my canopy, is the best way to do that by using a dual battery wiring kit with a VSR? Or how have others done theirs?

PETER

I used Anderson plugs and put in a dedicated wire with a relay switch from the power up front. This gave me easy set-up for using in and out of the car and the Anderson plugs made it easy for other accessories as well. I made a new cable for my Waeco with an Anderson plug with a fuse in the line. I can now just plug straight into the car system and still utilise all the standard stuff on the Arkpak or straight into the car and still be very portable. Good luck.

Steph W.asked
ArkPak

Hi My battery is at 0 charge but when I try to charge via 240V through the Anderson Plug with the correct charger, it only charges on Boost for a few minutes before changing to Float Cycle and saying it's at 100% charge. When I unplug it though, it's still on 0% charge... Any ideas?

PETER

I had similar issues with multiple messages that seemed confuse the issue but in the end it was a dying battery. I managed to charge it using an external charger but it didn't hold the charge. I suggest getting your battery checked. Mine was 8 years old so yes, I am complaining but not too loudly. I hope this helps.

Steph W.

Thanks. After an hour of being plugged in I turned it off and tried again. It went into boost mode and is now at 98%. See where it's at tomorrow but this battery is only 12 months old so hopefully not dying...

Lisa
Lisaasked
Ark ArkPak 730

What does it mean when the lcd screen shows “alarm battery polarity”?

NC
NC

battery connected wrong way around

Compare all 3 Ark ArkPak