730, 715, 620
See the Best Generators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ark? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Mike
MikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Inverter issues

The Ark pack works fine using DC current but even when you turn the switch on to use the inverter in continually beeps... Voltage is fine but the inverter won't power a small light without beeping.... Seems reliable for DC current only... Disappointed with inverter set up

Purchased in October 2018 at BCF Physical Store for $600.00.

Absolute cheap rubbish

One of the worst products I have had any thing to do with.
Fuses always loose no contact, had it returned for warranty work this took 2 months.
I would never recommend this unit to anyone bloody disgraceful I would hope somebody reads this review so they don’t waste good money on this product.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

240V cable failure

240V charging cable failed after approx 12 months. Seems to be a common problem. 12V still working but is a real pain as I would prefer to leave it on charge in the garage. Ark Pak people didn't seem to be very interested as it was out of warranty. Sent many messages via email to Arc Corp, with no reply from them.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Look at a different option

Charged ok on 240v but popped the 10amp fuse in the lead every time I tried to charge in from the 12v socket trying to run a 60 litre engel fridge had auto sparky test my cars wiring and the fridge and couldn't fault it went back to the original arkpak with the 150w inverter works fine.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

mickyDee
mickyDeeMooloolaba

Disappointing 730

I bought the AP730 as I wanted to have the best. I saved to get this unit. I took it camping for the 1st time and it was amazing.. my solar panels charged it up through the day and ran my engel for the total duration of our trip at zero degrees. Charged up phones etc..
Went to take it on the second trip a few months later I unplugged it from the wall and the screen went blank. I noticed the 10amp and 30amp fuses had blown. I replaced them and once the inverter was switched on the 30 amp would blow again. Emailed Arkcorp I'm still waiting for their reply/help.. that was 2 weeks ago now!!
Great product but way too expensive to use once!
Customer care ZERO.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Justin
JustinBrisbane

Crap, fried my new deep cycle battery when charged it

Not happy,wrecked my new deep cycle battery when it was charging,led screen was as saying it needed to be charged,did so for 12 hours and then re check it via a proper battery tester at battery world , battery was over charged and damage was already done,destroyed a $300 battery! Thanks for nothing Ark Pak

Date PurchasedOct 2016
TV Tech
TV TechMelbourne

Not as claimed, but OK

It does all the things it should, but with issues
Very noisy fan makes charging in a sleeping area not an option
Open Circuit Alarm always going off (just Google it)
240volt adapter will die early, replacement is $$$$$

Support is good, the people at Arkpak have much online support
But when you are paying north of $400 for an empty box, should you expect such issues?

Date PurchasedJune 2014

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

Reasonable only

Good for running our evakool fridge...BUT had to wire charging plug for it through battery isolator so cranking battery wouldn't go flat when ute turned off AND have just found our 2nd 240 volt charger for it has died. Rays outdoors in shepparton where good enough to replace it but bloody annoying when it stops working miles from anywhere!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Not Impressed

Not ideal for remote camping

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Get something else.

I've had my ark Pac for about 3 years now. It's still going but is my third unit. First unit the screen never worked out of the box took it back to bcf and they replaced entirely unit. About a year on lost another screen and was replaced by arc pac. Had problems with $100 dc charger which melted in the cigarette socket ark Pac said they would put another end on it. Not concerned about a melting adapter not good enough. Now won't chrg on 240. Just not worth the money.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

An all inclusive design that is missing a few basic features.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Ric BRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Unreliable

I purchased the ArkPak 730 (black handles) 3 months ago. It broke down on the first camp trip. It kept blowing internal fuses and was replaced under warranty. Ruined our trip as we had no fridge. 2nd camp trip it worked fine. I'm getting it ready for its 3rd trip and now it won't charge off the mains power. ArkPak are replacing the mains adapter charger. I have little confidence left in this item.

boonybabe
boonybabeNewcastle

Great toy whilst it worked

Great little device for camping allowing flexibility for various different styles of camping from tenting through the caravan.

Worked like a treat for the first 10 months then started having problems with the electronic screen output. I approached Ark within the warranty period and now that the issue still exists after warranty has lapsed Ark are requesting payment to resolve the issue.

As much as the arkpak is great I would now recommend purchasing a simpler unit of ebay. At least fleabay sellers generally honour their warranty. And if they dont at least you havent outlayed $350 for a defective unit.

Johnno
Johnnoasked
ArkPak

Hi I just bought a victron ip65 15amp charger I have a 120amp itechworld battery in a ark-pak 730 when I connect the charger to the plus-minus post on the Ark-Pak do I have to turn the on off switch on the ArkPak for it to charge the battery externally thank you

Troy
Troyasked
ArkPak

Hello. Can anyone help with a charging question.??
Ark pac charging via solar mat- all good
Ark pac charging via mains - all good.
I have a dual battery in the Ute with an Anderson plug in the rear canopy.
When I take the Anderson plug off the solar at night and plug the ((ARC TO THE UTE)) as in into the Ute.
(Shouldn't the Ute be charging my Arc) pack or topping the charge up.???
All I have in the arc pac is a fridge.
Even if I unplug the fridge and have no accessories there is no Charge coming from Ute to arc pack.??
Am I missing something or what's the issue.

Jack
Jackasked
ArkPak

Hi, I want to set up my ArkPak full time as a dual battery set up in my canopy, is the best way to do that by using a dual battery wiring kit with a VSR? Or how have others done theirs?

PETER
PETER

I used Anderson plugs and put in a dedicated wire with a relay switch from the power up front. This gave me easy set-up for using in and out of the car and the Anderson plugs made it easy for other accessories as well. I made a new cable for my Waeco with an Anderson plug with a fuse in the line. I can now just plug straight into the car system and still utilise all the standard stuff on the Arkpak or straight into the car and still be very portable. Good luck.

Compare all 3 Ark ArkPak