730, 715, 620
See the Best Generators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ark? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Ollie J.
Ollie J.

Good for $200!

I managed to score a second hand one for $200. For this price it is awesome value.
Works well.
BUT don't try and charge it through your cigarette socket on your car... you will blow things up lol.
It needs a direct cable to your battery.

UPDATE: Well that was a waste of money in the long run. It slowly stopped working - now is just an expensive battery box.

Purchased in March 2019 for $200.00.

Mike
MikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Inverter issues

The Ark pack works fine using DC current but even when you turn the switch on to use the inverter in continually beeps... Voltage is fine but the inverter won't power a small light without beeping.... Seems reliable for DC current only... Disappointed with inverter set up

Purchased in October 2018 at BCF Physical Store for $600.00.

Lynda
Lynda

Good product but took some understanding

Apart from replacement 240 volt charger price, it’s a great product. Took me a while to understand it. I leave it on the back floor of my car as it’s very heavy for arthritic elbows. I charge it from solar panels about one day a week while not using it. While camping it ran a small compressor fridge while laso charging phone etc. works well.

Purchased in January 2016.

Great unit until

I have had my Ark Pak 730 for about 12months was working fine I decided to leave battery charger on continually for around. a decided to take battery out of box for about a week when I put it back in it asked me the usual questions what type battery and all but while it was evaluating it comes up with error (open circuit ) I can't get it to stop what is wrong ???

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Jesse James
Jesse JamesAU

Worth the money if you understand the specifics of the product

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Sam
SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works great to run fridge and lights

Love the Ark PaK - my car doesn't have a duel battery and this was a great cost effective and transportable option. The PaK come in and out of my car to run lights, charge phones and run a fridge while camping.
I have recently bought a 160w solar panel which powers the battery on longer trips - love the screen that shows battery levels and power usage.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
TV Tech
TV TechMelbourne

Not as claimed, but OK

It does all the things it should, but with issues
Very noisy fan makes charging in a sleeping area not an option
Open Circuit Alarm always going off (just Google it)
240volt adapter will die early, replacement is $$$$$

Support is good, the people at Arkpak have much online support
But when you are paying north of $400 for an empty box, should you expect such issues?

Date PurchasedJune 2014

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

Reasonable only

Good for running our evakool fridge...BUT had to wire charging plug for it through battery isolator so cranking battery wouldn't go flat when ute turned off AND have just found our 2nd 240 volt charger for it has died. Rays outdoors in shepparton where good enough to replace it but bloody annoying when it stops working miles from anywhere!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Arkpak 620 model

I have a tip if interested
If anyones ac adapter doesn't work anymore, do what I do and use my laptop one. It works for me, try it before forking out for a new one. We charge ours with 150w solar whilst camping to run our 60lt evakool frige freezer/lights, charge phone etc.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Find out how Ark ArkPak compares to other Generators

An all inclusive design that is missing a few basic features.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Boesman

Gives me power everywhere

Johnnoasked
ArkPak

Hi I just bought a victron ip65 15amp charger I have a 120amp itechworld battery in a ark-pak 730 when I connect the charger to the plus-minus post on the Ark-Pak do I have to turn the on off switch on the ArkPak for it to charge the battery externally thank you

Troy
Troyasked
ArkPak

Hello. Can anyone help with a charging question.??
Ark pac charging via solar mat- all good
Ark pac charging via mains - all good.
I have a dual battery in the Ute with an Anderson plug in the rear canopy.
When I take the Anderson plug off the solar at night and plug the ((ARC TO THE UTE)) as in into the Ute.
(Shouldn't the Ute be charging my Arc) pack or topping the charge up.???
All I have in the arc pac is a fridge.
Even if I unplug the fridge and have no accessories there is no Charge coming from Ute to arc pack.??
Am I missing something or what's the issue.

Jack
Jackasked
ArkPak

Hi, I want to set up my ArkPak full time as a dual battery set up in my canopy, is the best way to do that by using a dual battery wiring kit with a VSR? Or how have others done theirs?

PETER
PETER

I used Anderson plugs and put in a dedicated wire with a relay switch from the power up front. This gave me easy set-up for using in and out of the car and the Anderson plugs made it easy for other accessories as well. I made a new cable for my Waeco with an Anderson plug with a fuse in the line. I can now just plug straight into the car system and still utilise all the standard stuff on the Arkpak or straight into the car and still be very portable. Good luck.

Compare all 3 Ark ArkPak