730, 715, 620
See the Best Generators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ark? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

PETER

Had it for 5 years and very happy with performance.

Used extensively under all conditions with little problem. Developed an issue last month and Brett at Arkpak has been great in helping sort it. Still happy I chose the Arkpak.

Purchased in June 2013 at Autobarn for $499.00.

Pauli
PauliSouth East Queensland, QLD

Arkpak 730 (P) 300w 240 volt pure sine + 135ah AGM battery

Bought this product along with a 135ah AGM battery as a package in March 2019 to use as a freezer as we travelled round Australia. We linked the Arkpak with a Kings 45l fridge/freezer, as we travelled we charged through the cigarette lighter/power port, we bought a splitter & had one go to the freezer the other to the battery pack, when camped we used a 250w solar panel. In the 10 months (33,000km) away including 2 weeks up the Gibb River Road we had no problems at all. We used the 240 volt to run clippers to cut hair (saving $25 every couple of weeks or so) we also used the 240v to run the lap top. This is not a cheap set up, but we could not fault the quality or function of this product.

Purchased in March 2019 for $910.00.

DRB.
DRB.Hobart, TAS

Use lithium

Good unit. Runs ARB fridge 24/7 (home beer fridge) with lithium battery on 240v charge, away camping can get 4.5 days easy on just battery alone, add regulated solar keeps battery over 90% easily. Lithium LiFePO4 100AH battery used due to 14kg weight means I can lift it, AGM 120AH at 41kg is not really portable. No issues with system at all, good product.

Purchased in March 2017 at BCF Physical Store for $490.00.

Mike
MikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Inverter issues

The Ark pack works fine using DC current but even when you turn the switch on to use the inverter in continually beeps... Voltage is fine but the inverter won't power a small light without beeping.... Seems reliable for DC current only... Disappointed with inverter set up

Purchased in October 2018 at BCF Physical Store for $600.00.

Embo8u
Embo8uIllawarra, NSW

Excellent product

I run 65l fridge with camp lights with solar panels on110amp battery had it 12months no issues never gets below 70% great unit stays in my car full time unless someone wants to borrow my fridge never had an issue best piece of gear I’ve bought for camping and long trips away

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great product

I’ve had my ark pak for around 2 years now and it’s been awesome. I use it to run my 60litre Engel as dual battery isn’t an option with me and it hasn’t missed a beat. I use a cheap 160w solar panel and it charges to 100% every day while running the fridge at 2 degrees. They are expensive but also worth the money.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Dave
DaveSydney, NSW

perfect camping item.

Best camping item I have ever purchased,plug in fridge,lights,charge all electronic gadgets.
Will last 5 days and still not to low.
Also will be using a solar blanket to top up.
Doesn't take up much space in the back and doesn't get hot and no noise.
Definitely recommend this product.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
TV Tech
TV TechMelbourne

Not as claimed, but OK

It does all the things it should, but with issues
Very noisy fan makes charging in a sleeping area not an option
Open Circuit Alarm always going off (just Google it)
240volt adapter will die early, replacement is $$$$$

Support is good, the people at Arkpak have much online support
But when you are paying north of $400 for an empty box, should you expect such issues?

Date PurchasedJune 2014

Reasonable only

Good for running our evakool fridge...BUT had to wire charging plug for it through battery isolator so cranking battery wouldn't go flat when ute turned off AND have just found our 2nd 240 volt charger for it has died. Rays outdoors in shepparton where good enough to replace it but bloody annoying when it stops working miles from anywhere!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Find out how Ark ArkPak compares to other Generators

No problems with the item as it does what it says

Absolutely helped me to understand way better with practical use as I went along!great product wouldn't be without it now!10 out of 10 to manufacturer enjoy the look also.Totally good for charge of batteries as it conditions them back to optimum charge level every time.Very handy for those camp trips also as batterie power for every thing I threw at it in terms of living easily.Economic to run and not bad on the inviroment.Thums up to the performance also!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great for camping, picnics and days on the beach!

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Other Generators

An all inclusive design that is missing a few basic features.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Mong
MongSouth East Queensland, QLD

Think its great

Had my arkpak for two years now and never had an issue with it when we go camping i use it to charge all our fones and plug our camp lights into it it also charges the two batteries in the camp trailer if it needs a charge i plug the solar panels in as i said never had a problem YET.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Thomas
ThomasGoulburn Valley, VIC

Excellent product and very portable

Date PurchasedSept 2016
iceyapple
iceyapplesydney

Ark Pak AP730 thumbs up from me

Hi All, just wanted to let everyone know that for me the Ark Pak has been great no problem keeping my engel cold, charging up phones and LED lights at night i can easily get 4.5 to 5 days use without putting power back into using a 130 Amp AGM battery, had to ring several times for support in terms of using it correctly and found support staff great, so a thumbs up from me, i know everyone has a different experience so i thought i would share mine

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Johnno
Johnnoasked
ArkPak

Hi I just bought a victron ip65 15amp charger I have a 120amp itechworld battery in a ark-pak 730 when I connect the charger to the plus-minus post on the Ark-Pak do I have to turn the on off switch on the ArkPak for it to charge the battery externally thank you

Troy
Troyasked
ArkPak

Hello. Can anyone help with a charging question.??
Ark pac charging via solar mat- all good
Ark pac charging via mains - all good.
I have a dual battery in the Ute with an Anderson plug in the rear canopy.
When I take the Anderson plug off the solar at night and plug the ((ARC TO THE UTE)) as in into the Ute.
(Shouldn't the Ute be charging my Arc) pack or topping the charge up.???
All I have in the arc pac is a fridge.
Even if I unplug the fridge and have no accessories there is no Charge coming from Ute to arc pack.??
Am I missing something or what's the issue.

Jack
Jackasked
ArkPak

Hi, I want to set up my ArkPak full time as a dual battery set up in my canopy, is the best way to do that by using a dual battery wiring kit with a VSR? Or how have others done theirs?

PETER

I used Anderson plugs and put in a dedicated wire with a relay switch from the power up front. This gave me easy set-up for using in and out of the car and the Anderson plugs made it easy for other accessories as well. I made a new cable for my Waeco with an Anderson plug with a fuse in the line. I can now just plug straight into the car system and still utilise all the standard stuff on the Arkpak or straight into the car and still be very portable. Good luck.

Compare all 3 Ark ArkPak