730, 715, 620
See the Best Generators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ark? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Ollie J.
Ollie J.

Good for $200!

I managed to score a second hand one for $200. For this price it is awesome value.
Works well.
BUT don't try and charge it through your cigarette socket on your car... you will blow things up lol.
It needs a direct cable to your battery.

UPDATE: Well that was a waste of money in the long run. It slowly stopped working - now is just an expensive battery box.

Purchased in March 2019 for $200.00.

Lynda
Lynda

Good product but took some understanding

Apart from replacement 240 volt charger price, it’s a great product. Took me a while to understand it. I leave it on the back floor of my car as it’s very heavy for arthritic elbows. I charge it from solar panels about one day a week while not using it. While camping it ran a small compressor fridge while laso charging phone etc. works well.

Purchased in January 2016.

Other Generators

Johnno
Johnno

Great unit until

I have had my Ark Pak 730 for about 12months was working fine I decided to leave battery charger on continually for around. a decided to take battery out of box for about a week when I put it back in it asked me the usual questions what type battery and all but while it was evaluating it comes up with error (open circuit ) I can't get it to stop what is wrong ???

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Jesse James
Jesse JamesAU

Worth the money if you understand the specifics of the product

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Generators

Find out how Ark ArkPak compares to other Generators

Sam
SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works great to run fridge and lights

Love the Ark PaK - my car doesn't have a duel battery and this was a great cost effective and transportable option. The PaK come in and out of my car to run lights, charge phones and run a fridge while camping.
I have recently bought a 160w solar panel which powers the battery on longer trips - love the screen that shows battery levels and power usage.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Arkpak 620 model

I have a tip if interested
If anyones ac adapter doesn't work anymore, do what I do and use my laptop one. It works for me, try it before forking out for a new one. We charge ours with 150w solar whilst camping to run our 60lt evakool frige freezer/lights, charge phone etc.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Other Generators

Jack
Jackasked
ArkPak

Hi, I want to set up my ArkPak full time as a dual battery set up in my canopy, is the best way to do that by using a dual battery wiring kit with a VSR? Or how have others done theirs?

PETER

I used Anderson plugs and put in a dedicated wire with a relay switch from the power up front. This gave me easy set-up for using in and out of the car and the Anderson plugs made it easy for other accessories as well. I made a new cable for my Waeco with an Anderson plug with a fuse in the line. I can now just plug straight into the car system and still utilise all the standard stuff on the Arkpak or straight into the car and still be very portable. Good luck.

Steph W.asked
ArkPak

Hi My battery is at 0 charge but when I try to charge via 240V through the Anderson Plug with the correct charger, it only charges on Boost for a few minutes before changing to Float Cycle and saying it's at 100% charge. When I unplug it though, it's still on 0% charge... Any ideas?

PETER

I had similar issues with multiple messages that seemed confuse the issue but in the end it was a dying battery. I managed to charge it using an external charger but it didn't hold the charge. I suggest getting your battery checked. Mine was 8 years old so yes, I am complaining but not too loudly. I hope this helps.

Steph W.

Thanks. After an hour of being plugged in I turned it off and tried again. It went into boost mode and is now at 98%. See where it's at tomorrow but this battery is only 12 months old so hopefully not dying...

Lisa
Lisaasked
Ark ArkPak 730

What does it mean when the lcd screen shows “alarm battery polarity”?

NC
NC

battery connected wrong way around

Compare all 3 Ark ArkPak