Arlec CSF120AO

Arlec CSF120AO

Very unhappy

Bought 3 fans, have to have them on the highest setting to get any air flow. All 3 light shades broke on installation by electrician, had purchased a month before they were installed. Bunnings would not replace them and had to buy 3 full light sets at a cost of close to $100. will not purchase an Arlec product again.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $80.00.

Noise Level
Power

Not happy

I am having the same issues with fan and light turning of and on by themselves also neighbour bought at the same time and is having same issues, did not keep receipt and the electrician has moved. When installed it worked with no problem, now with hot weather we are having problems.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

too many faults

purchased an fan in November from bunnings , read everything on the box it is packed in, but did not realize until i unpacked the fan the important message sent by arlec that this unit must be fitted by an authorized electrician. ok another $200.00 it was fitted,so the fan price has now doubled, but the fan had bad issues of turning itself off & on by itself, contacted arlec customer service for warranty claim sending in what i thought was enough information to warrant my claim, the original receipt & a signed installation form signed by the electrician, some how that email got lost in there computer, phone contact today 30th December to arlec , response is now they need another receipt from electrician stating the same info i have already sent plus the cost of installation, im now thinking these fans don't like hot weather. would defiantly not recommend.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Low hum in motor renders it unusable at night for me

The power of the fan is satisfactory if not a little too fast on the lowest speed, but not a huge issue for me the low level hum in the motor renders it unusable for me at night as I am a light sleeper. The qualified electrician who installed this product advised there was nothing he could do and to approach the manufacturer.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Hums, poor air movement

I've only just purchased this fan yesterday and am not happy already. It has a light constant humming noise like your standing next to an electrical transformer, not annoying for the first 20 minutes but then ughhh! The highest setting is abit quicker than most fans on a typical number 2/medium speed. The humming I could maybe forgive if the fan was an absolute wind tunnel but I'm afraid it's more comparable to someone's last breath :(

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Horrible fan and I have installed TWO different ones to try and resolve an issue

I have had this fan installed in two different houses I have lived in. Both fans the remote is horrible, I turn the fan on and for several minutes the fan goes on and off. Light also will turn on and off without pressing any buttons! I will turn the fan on and the light will turn on and off- etc. very frustrating especially on these hot nights! Wouldn’t recommend.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Remotes chew through batteries

I installed 5 Arlec remote DC ceiling fans 18 months ago. Is anybody else finding they chew through batteries even when not being used? Just replaced another 3 batteries despite the fact the remotes haven’t been used for 4 months at least . Can’t workout why this would be happening .

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Ceiling fan is great

Purchased 2 years ago, we purchased 3x fans with remotes at my place and another x3 fans with remotes for my rental property. They really work well. I’ve had no problem with them in this time and suggest to anyone to purchase them for their home. Colour is white. 3x speed fan and no problems with the signal settings for 3 different rooms. Good circulation, fan is stable. Has a summer & winter setting. Good power output. We live on the QLD/NSW border so we really need them when it is hot.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Stopped working

Not very good at moving the air and stopped working completely after 2 years. Now I have to hire another electrician to reinstall a new fan but it will not be Arlec. I have never had a fan that just stopped suddenly for no apparent reason and even the electrician who checked it was puzzled. Perhaps I just got a lemon but I will not be purchasing an Arlec product again.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Arlec Oyster light - 40 cm - Verve design - Verve ACL420 LED

Bought 2 off these from Bunnings. Easy to install, look simple, good illumination. The only problem is that you can't fit the diffuser, even if you're a magician. The glass & clips simply don't work together & you'll be extremely lucky not to brake the glass (I did...). The LED's have no specified life expectancy (most other brands provide it) - it is likely to be poor... Don't be fooled - this is really bad product - probably never tested... I had the same experience with other Arlec products - poor quality. Arlec didn't even put its name on the visible part of the box - it is hidden on the very bottom, probably for a reason.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Cheap, but poor air circulation.

Arlec ceiling fans are cheap but the product quality is low and the air circulation is fairly poor. Mine also occasionally makes a fair bit of noise from what sounds like the bearings, it might do it during a couple of times you turn it on, then go away and be quiet for a week or 2 before being noisy again. The blades are cheap and nasty MDF material which I think further reduces air circulation. The motor is not powerful enough, it probably needs to be doing another 50rpm on top of the 180 - 200rpm it is rated for. Remote control operation is quite clunky. The same fan in another room has the blades drooping and there is a fair bit of electric motor noise when run on medium or high. The light fitting is designed for the older light bulbs and not for any of the newer types, I barely squeezed a LED bulb into it, tho it will take the old incandescent bulbs OK.

The air circulation is sufficient only for a very small bedroom.

I don't think I can recommend these fans based on the experiences above, perhaps you could buy these fans for a small room that does not get too warm, but just be aware of the low quality parts of the product.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Excellent replacement

Excellent replacement for the noisy clunker we had brite led lites very very quiet operation,not a big bulky remote easy to install DIY if you know what you are doing. Blah blah blah It will be what I will be replacing the rest of the fans in the house with.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Design flaw with LED light always on due to potential between Earth and Neutral

I also found the LED light glows in the dark when turned off and it is quite distracting when trying to sleep.
I worked out that the LED transformer stays on even when the active is switched off.
It works out that this a common problem with poorly designed LED lights on 240V.
It is the potential voltage difference between Neutral and Earth. As all light fittings only switch the active and not the neutral, the LED's have a small amount of energy and remain on.
The design should have a blocking diode to eliminate not illuminate the LEDS
I found the air flow to be effective and not noisy but now the decision as to whether I can put up with the LED light.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great for the price.

We purchased a 4 blade Columbus fan. About $160. Was concerned after reading reviews about this fan but I suspect people with bad experiences are more likely to write a review. Have had the fan for seven months now. Works perfectly. Very quiet, perfect for bedroom. Light is stark LED white but I don't mind that. Light cover glows in the dark which is weird but ok. No issues whatsoever. Price was very competitive. If this fan fails within the next two years I will come back and tell you. But for now, I heartily recommend this fan. Bought from Bunnings.
UPDATE - OK, It's now September 2018 - so nearly 2 years since we purchased the fan. I thought that the remote control was beginning to malfunction recently - but no - turns out it just needed a new battery. The fan and light still work perfectly. If I have any complaint it's with the design of the remote. The light and fan buttons are too close together and I sometimes turn on the fan instead of the light. Other than that my hearty recommendation still stands.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

ARLEC 4 Blade 120cm Ceiling Fan

Comes with a remote. We have had this fan installed for 4 months now and we love it. Initially we had problems with the remote not working and with great support from the ARLEC help desk we emailed, the problem has been remedied. Their response was immediate and ongoing until the problem was solved. We needed to read the instructions and pair the fan and remote properly which was an easy thing to do - once we read the instruction leaflet. The fan itself is quiet, the remote very handy and the light it emits is bright enough to eliminate the need for other lights in the room. Based on our experience and the great support from ARLEC, we would highly recommend.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Ceiling fan

DON'T BUY arlec ceiling fan 2.5years old over heated could have burnt the house down, lucky my wife returned to the kitchen there was smoke, just in time. No wonder they only give 12months warranty. We have 5 altogether all will go. We purchased hunter pacific Australian made in Australia, 5year warranty.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Not bad for the price - easy to install

Bought for a large main bedroom. Great price. Easy to Install

The female likes it as the motor is quiet and breeze gentle - the male thinks its not strong enough and can't feel it.

Very easy to install - easy DIY job, nice light. Really cheap price from Bunnings - they are the best.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Junk. Worked for 1 month out of 12th warranty period

Failed multiple times within warranty. Would have worked for maybe a month of the 1yr period. Remote failed. Fan and light stopped working. A shame bunnings sells this rubbish.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Great fan in the bedroom!

Arlec CSF120WO with remote and oyster light.
We've had this fan in our bedroom for at least 4 years now and use it a lot as we don't have other cooling in our room. It's been fantastic and I'm surprised by some of the other negative reviews.
I'm a light sleeper but it is so quiet that I don't notice it. Also, I set the timer so that it turns off at about 3 am.
During the night it's set to low, sometimes we run it at med during the day but never high as it's too powerful.
The only bad things I can think of is that I do have to replace the globe every year, it's not very bright and the remote is a bit chunky.

Date PurchasedSep 2012

Quality for Good Price

We now have a total of three such fans in our relatively small bedrooms. They are very quiet and efficient, with a bright light which can be set to come on with the original light switch. The controller allows for for speed selection, plus a timer. Our Electrician says the installation was straight forward.

Date PurchasedNov 2016