Arlec Smart Home Wi-Fi Power Point Controller

Arlec Smart Home Wi-Fi Power Point Controller

See the Best Electronics in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Arlec

JohnB
JohnBArmidale

Worked OK for a while - but failed in the end

Purchased 4 of these products from Bunnings.
They were OK to setup and the Grid Connect App was easy to use.
After about 7 months, 3 of them the power light had failed, but they still worked
After 9 months, 2 started reporting power usage information that was 10 to 15 times actual usage and one was completely dead.
I'm replacing the lot with something more reliable

Patrick John
Patrick JohnSydney Surrounds, NSW

Returned it after discovering my network needs to be changed to 2.4GHz

Bought the Smart Plug-In Socket from Bunnings today. Very good price at $15.99, but when I opened it up and read the instructions; that I needed to change my Wi-Fi router to 2.4GHz (mine is set to 5GHz), I put it back in the box to return on my next visit to Bunnings.
I checked the box information to see if I had missed this piece of information but couldn't find anything to confirm this. It does list the network as 802.11 b/g/n; b/g are 2.4GHz only but n is both 2.4 and 5GHz. If it's truly 802.11n compatible it should be dual-band.

Purchased in at Bunnings Warehouse for $15.99.

Roo
RooPerth, WA

Work fine for me

I’ve got several of these installed and working fine on Grid Connect app. Easy to pair, straightforward to set on/off times and been working fine for two months. I even have one on my pool light outdoors but under cover. I think maybe the issues others have related here have been overcome.

Johnny J.
Johnny J.Sydney, NSW

Pretty Good for the price.

Electronics

Find out how Arlec Smart Home Wi-Fi Power Point Controller compares to other Electronics

JudsonJames
JudsonJamesGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Work well, be aware to check app updates though.

I bought two of these and they worked well with the app for well over a year, then one day just stopped working and I couldnt get them to work no matter what. It took me about a day to check for other apps, then I noticed there was a new app under the same name but with a 2 behind it that had replaced the old app. Id received no warning or notice. That said, the new app works even better and faster than the old now Ive connected to it.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

AC
ACSouth East Queensland, QLD

Junk- utter rubbish

Brought 4x- 1x didnt work at all out of the box. The others wont connect with the YD home app and the app cant find my 2.4 wifi network (even when its right next to the modem)?? Dont waste your money on the ones that use the YD app. (I've heard the "Grid connect" app Arlec units work better).

Looks like all 4 will go in the bin!!

Purchased in .

Lisa A.
Lisa A.Tasmania

Wasted my money on this terrible brand!

I had an Arlec wifi plug working nicely then one day it burnt out and now it is fried. I bought a new one but nowhere on the box does it say that it only works with 2.4ghz wifi channels. I can’t get the new one to work. What a waste of time and money.