Arlec Wireless Door Chime DC163

Arlec Wireless Door Chime DC163

4.0 from 1 review

See the Best Door Security Products in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

TedMelbourne

Basic doorbell

I purchased this unit 2 years ago for indoor use so a convalescing family member could easily alert other members of the household. It worked well in that role.

Requiring it again for the same purpose I discovered it would occasionally not work. I suspect it is a transmitter issue.

The 36 chimes offered is somewhat nebulous as there is little variety and only a few I found to be reasonable. There is no volume adjustment. The receiver uses 2 x AA batteries and the transmitter 1 x CR2032 lithium battery.

As this unit is commonly available e.g. Bunnings and no other reviews have yet been posted I'll assume my problem was an isolated case. I'm giving it 4 stars.

Mario A.

Mario A.asked

My chime is randomly rings with out the transmitter. ?

Ted

I've since noticed my Arlec has randomly activated a couple of times over the last 2-3 months. Not sure if this unit has the ability to switch codes. I don't have the manual and neither does the Arlec website. The unit I actually use for the house doorbell is an old Aldi. They no longer sell it but appears identical to the '1 by One' brand unit on Ebay. No issue with that other than clean the transmitter battery contacts once.

Get an answer from our members and Arlec representatives

CategoryDoor Security Products