Arlec Wireless Door Chime DC163

4.0 from 1 review

Ted

TedMelbourne

Basic doorbell

I purchased this unit 2 years ago for indoor use so a convalescing family member could easily alert other members of the household. It worked well in that role.

Requiring it again for the same purpose I discovered it would occasionally not work. I suspect it is a transmitter issue.

The 36 chimes offered is somewhat nebulous as there is little variety and only a few I found to be reasonable. There is no volume adjustment. The receiver uses 2 x AA batteries and the transmitter 1 x CR2032 lithium battery.

As this unit is commonly available e.g. Bunnings and no other reviews have yet been posted I'll assume my problem was an isolated case. I'm giving it 4 stars.

Jack

Jackasked

how do I install the unit dc163

Angela G.

Angela G.asked

I have the same problem, only one unit works, is within 50metres of transmitter & the other is (within 1metre of transmitter) so quiet it may as well be off. Have changed batteries in all units to no avail. How can I make the unit louder

Roger J

Roger Jasked

Arlec DC163 Wireless Door Chime only works intermittently. I have replaced with new batteries, then works OK with the first press, then will NOT work for the next 4 or so presses. So then as per instructions, remove the batteries for more than 10 seconds, then replace all batteries and press within 15 seconds, then works OK for one press, then does not work thereafter. The unit is only 6 months old, totally unreliable.

Get an answer from our members and Arlec representatives