Arlec Wireless Door Chime DC163

1 review
    Ted

TedMelbourne

Basic doorbell

I purchased this unit 2 years ago for indoor use so a convalescing family member could easily alert other members of the household. It worked well in that role.

Requiring it again for the same purpose I discovered it would occasionally not work. I suspect it is a transmitter issue.

The 36 chimes offered is somewhat nebulous as there is little variety and only a few I found to be reasonable. There is no volume adjustment. The receiver uses 2 x AA batteries and the transmitter 1 x CR2032 lithium battery.

As this unit is commonly available e.g. Bunnings and no other reviews have yet been posted I'll assume my problem was an isolated case. I'm giving it 4 stars.