Arlo Q

• Ease of Installation
  • Connectivity / Reliability
Jimbo

JimboAU

Piece of junk. Impossible to set up.

You probably need a PHD in something to figure out how to set this thing up. It's such a pain. I've also got 4 other Arlo Pro 2 cameras in the house and they're all equally terribly hard to set up. Totally not worth the money. Avoid the Arlo brand at all cost. Just save yourself the money and the high blood pressure.

Purchased in January 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $300.00.

consumer111

consumer111Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

it could have been good

had the arlo Q plus for a couple of weeks now. it functions.. however the service is buggy.. frequently waiting and failing to connect.. multiple attempts needed to arm noise and motion detection. if using it for security it needs to be reliable. this is not. i suspect from forums and other reviews the problem lies in the viewing app/ software. i hope the more expensive arlo pro's dont use the same software going for over $1000?

Purchased in May 2020 at Catch for $319.00.

It’s junk

This device never connected. It’s should have Never been released from engineering. I tried everything. Very poor quality. It’s going back. Nice job Arlo.

Wired Surveillance Systems

Find out how Arlo Q compares to other Wired Surveillance Systems

Worst camera ever and customer service is even worse audio volume is so low you cannot hear it comin

I used to use the system all the time until they updated the application once they updated the application it no longer worked and they decided to try to charge people to fix it it has a wired setup so there's no battery to change

DANIEL

DANIELGreensborough

Don’t waste your money on Arlo Q

Bought two yesterday, spent 90 minutes setting up as the link to the phone keeps dropping out as does the wifi connection to the Arlo.
I have 95mbps speed and have $49 cameras in two locations working buy spent $700 on Arlo which is being returned tomorrow .
Speaker in one will not connect at all which is a problem discussed in multiple review forums and something I should have looked into a little more.
I purchased due to the seven day cloud buy given the poor performance of both I’ll stick with them.

Tideviewpalo alto

Low Quality

The Arlo Q has a number of software and hardware problems that have surfaced since my purchase in 2015. The camera is now approaching 3 years of service. Most problems described on the Arlo forum illustrate the main issues and demonstrate that Netgear makes no sustained effort at responding to the problems and posting solutions. My current camera issue is that the daylight video is tinted red. Another issue from the outset was a delay in recording motion. The recorded videos also have become erratic in the time they are supposed to record. When set to record for 70 seconds the times are observed to vary from 20 seconds to 70 seconds. The lack of support and forum response is the main reason I did not install additional cameras.

DAM

DAMMelbourne

Arlo Q Plus

Dgg

DggMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Working only sometimes is not good enough

The camera is very easy to set up and it seems to pair with the wifi when switched on without issue. When it is armed, it may or may not record as it should. We recently got home from two weeks away and I forgot to disarm it. No alerts. No recordings. We were walking around right in front of it.

I just tested it and it’s working as it should. As a toy, it’s great but as a serious security device, it leaves a lot to be desired. A bit like car brakes that only work sometimes.

GIBDRIVENewcastle

Don't Buy It -Useless

I don't recommend buying this camera. Purchased it to keep an eye on our reception from my office upstairs.
It drops out several times per day despite being hardwired via an ethernet cable and plugged into power. I am tech savy and have gone through all of the usual troubleshooting to no avail. There is also a 3 second delay which I could put up with if it didn't drop out constantly. My guess at the problem is the video stream has to go through Netgear servers and I assume their servers can't handle the amount of users/data streaming at one time. Either way, it's useless and I am looking another solution.

Wired Surveillance Systems