4Arovec AroDry-1800

2.3

25% · 13 · 75%

Ian M
Ian MSydney, NSW2 posts

Warrnty issue, no resonse at all from AROVEC

This unit is malfunctioning and I have tried to get in touch with AROVEC many times and there has been no response whatsoever. I can't call as there is no phone number listed. If I can't get a response I will have to to reach out to Fair Trading to resolve this issue.
Kelly Azizi
Kelly Azizi

Nifty little number

I bought this during the recent East Coast Australia downpours to supplement my heavy duty dehumidifier which was working overtime drying my laundry. I'm pleasantly surprised at how much water this pulls out of the air, and I think it'll do what I need it to do just fine, which is to prevent dampness and mould from building up in the wardrobe. But don't kid yourself into thinking this will be enough to resolve a full-blown rising damp issue - this unit uses Peltier/thermo-electric technology, and you'll need a bigger unit with either compressor or desiccant technology to really get to the bottom of serious rising damp issues. Use this in smaller spaces like bedrooms or bathrooms, and you won't be disappointed. Show reply
CjG
CjG

Doesn't reduce humidity

I've been running this unit for 2 weeks straight on the highest setting. It's filling up but it's not reducing humidity at all which is what I needed it to do!
Donna T
Donna T

Works but only slowly

Does take water out of the air, but only at a very slow rate. Not worth it if you're trying to dry wet clothes, would be good to be used in a wardrobe, cupboard or enclosed small space where you want to keep the moisture low.