Mandy

Ascent Eve School Shoes - warning don't bother!

Craig

CraigIllawarra, NSW

worst workboot I have ever worn

Heathelt

HeatheltQueensland, Australia

comfortable. poor quality soles

My husband bought some steel cap work boots which he wore for his full time job and the soles flaked and split after 3-4 months. I bought some sandals which I wore a few hours a week and after 6 months the soles had cracked. After spending a decent amount of money on these shoes I would have expected better. Never again.

Marie

MarieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nurse Ascent Avara lasted 9 months

Ascent workboots

I purchased the suede work boots, just to try them out, and they were comfortable, light (but let the water through) and lasted about 8 months. I changed to the black work boots (which are waterproof) because I work outdoors every day and they lasted about 8 months too. I've been purchasing them ever since (about 4 years).

My last purchase was the suede boots again, because my usual boots were out of stock, but I'm a bit disappointed that they haven't gone the distance this time - 4 months and both soles are starting to peel off. I'm not sure if the product specs have been changed or whether it's just a problem with that pair - any advice would be great.

Farm Gardener
Farm Gardener

Thanks for the advice. Still like the boots.

Bec

BecBlayney

Black school shoes

My son has had three pairs of school shoes (one each year). They are comfortable for him and last him all year! Some people I have spoken to get cheaper shoes and several a year. It's worth paying a little bit more and getting these shoes that last nearly 12 months. Highly recommended.

David H.Ascent Footwear

Hi Bec thanks for the review. It is great to hear you are happy with our school shoes!

Marti

Marti

5 pairs same busted soles

Comfortable BUT.....
First pair the leather came apart on sides and both soles cracked in half in about 10 months.
Replaced under warranty, thanks BUT.......
No surprises same thing in about 12 months.
I also stepped on a nail (Blunt end up very deep) with these boots on and ended up with a chunk of rubber stuck in my foot for 5 weeks, infection and all. These boots have No protection against piercing.
All 3 of my brothers have had these boots and exactly the same thing, 5 pairs in total same huge cracks in soles. Enough said.
Theres no way the company dosent know there a problem with the soles on these boots.

Quality + value

Ascent Sustain cross-trainers are durable, reliable, fit-for-purpose sneakers. I've just ordered my third pair because my two previous pairs served me thoroughly whilst being worn almost nonstop in all conditions, including a lot of hiking in rough bush terrain. I owned and used no other shoes for daily shoes in the past six years because each pair lasted for three years with no loss of function, until the stitching and laces began to fray. I was frustrated that I could only buy from Athletes Foot which is >1 hour drive, so was delighted to discover online direct ordering is now available. I trust that quality and service from the online ordering team will be as reliable as the shoes have been.

Overpriced imported rubbish

My wife bought these for me and got conned, paid 250 au. Just over 12 months and both soles split, heal separation. Absolute junk for rip off price. Never again will I buy any ascent product, fb all my mates, I'm still yelling...

Alpha 2 workboots FYI

Kenny Dundee

Well I am surprised, picked up the new boots today, no charge, bad batch they said. Problem solved thanks

Awesome customer service, delivery and shoes

We just LOVE ascent footwear and dont wear anything else they are hard wearing, supportive, and made well.

My daughters school shoes and running shoes are only ever Ascent. Thank you for having the best customer service by far the best shoes and for making a shoe that I dont have to worry about I just know they are going to be good each and every time.

Review collected in partnership with Ascent Footwear

Not impressed, they are over price

For the price they aren't as comfortable as you advertise, my last pair of mongrels where way more comfortable, you were recommended by my podiatrist but I won't be listening to him again.

Was very disappointed.

Bought 2 pairs of 4E width shoes from Ascent that gave me foot pain the more I wore them. I have worn 4E width shoes for 20 years +.
After discussing issue with my podiatrist it was determined there must have been an issue with the Ascent shoes. Ascent refunded me the unworn pair, but refused to refund the pair I had already worn as I was a week out of their warranty period. Ascent claimed their shoes were made to spec and every other brand I have worn over 20 years must have been manufactured incorrectly.
Not impressed and will never buy from Ascent again.

Amanda

AmandaMooloolaba

ABSOLUTE RIP OFF!!!

My child wore your $100 pair of "school shoes" for 3-4 months before the stitching came apart!
They were sent to you and it took you 4 weeks to deem the issue to be due to normal wear and tear and you would not repair or replace them???
If your company cannot manufacture "school shoes" that can't withstand more than 3-4 months wear and tear then I would suggest you get out of the business of making them and stop ripping off struggling Families!!!
I'm so disgusted in your quality and service and I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ASCENT FOOTWEAR AGAIN!!!
Rest assured I will be voicing my opinion and review far and wide!!!

David H.Ascent Footwear

The worst most uncomfortable pair of shoes

I have worn ascent shoes for years this pair kills my feet, they make the soles of my feet feel bruised and can hardly walk around after taking them off.I have never experienced such pain from a pair of shoes before, I paid $175.00 for this.

AVENTADOR NICK

AVENTADOR NICKSydney, NSW

Excellent Service Very Helpful Thank You !!!

I bought these shoes and wasn't happy with them , so i asked to return them and get different ones , they were soooooo helpful didn't argue with me and said sure , posted out my new ones and was so happy , a girl called rose helped me out !! great shoes very comfy !!!

David H.Ascent Footwear

Hi, Thank you very much for choosing us and sharing your thoughts online! We hope to serve you again in the future! Regards Ascent Footwear.

lasted 6 months wearing periodically, had reviewed by ascent and was told general wear and tear.

Have had 3 pairs over the years been very happy until this last pair... $170 shoes should not do this, no more recommendations from me to fellow workers, time for me to buy a new brand.

Stu MAU

Expensive, wear is poor and another ankle problem

lilydj

lilydjSydney

achilles tendon PAIN Beware

Really try these before you buy - the boot does not allow your feet to roll correctly - now after 4 days only of wear major pain in Achilles tendons in both legs to the point of inability to walk correctly when you take these boots off and you are at home - boots are way to high at the back and do not allow mobility of the feet even though they are supposed to be podiatrist certified - obviously whomever reviewed this item has never worked the outdoors or workshops as a tradie !
comfort of the boot
achilles tendon - major pain in both legs

Regan79

Regan79Richardson 2905, ACT

ADELA Buckle not even 3 terms.

As with Mandy we went with an Ascent shoe this year. My daughter was fond of the flower inner sole and Athletes Foot sold me on the invisible scuff protection. We're had to chuck them part way through term three due to scuffed and damaged toes plus a broken buckel. We've gone back to the Clarke's shoes we were wearing last year for the remainder of this year and will not be making the same mistake again next year. The Ascent runners are AMAZING and will see the year through well and truly. The school shoe is just so disappointing.

JadeSimpson

JadeSimpsonQLD, 4227

Ascent Avara shoe

I bought the Ascent Avara shoe for work from Athletes Foot. It has a good solid heel and base. The insole has arch support and is very comfortable. Nice black leather lace up shoe.

David H.Ascent Footwear

Hi Jade, thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you are happy with the Avara!