Ascent Footwear

Ascent Footwear (page 2 of 10)

Listing monitored by Ascent Footwear

Overpriced imported rubbish

My wife bought these for me and got conned, paid 250 au. Just over 12 months and both soles split, heal separation. Absolute junk for rip off price. Never again will I buy any ascent product, fb all my mates, I'm still yelling...

Alpha 2 workboots FYI

Kenny Dundee

Well I am surprised, picked up the new boots today, no charge, bad batch they said. Problem solved thanks

Awesome customer service, delivery and shoes

We just LOVE ascent footwear and dont wear anything else they are hard wearing, supportive, and made well.

My daughters school shoes and running shoes are only ever Ascent. Thank you for having the best customer service by far the best shoes and for making a shoe that I dont have to worry about I just know they are going to be good each and every time.

Review collected in partnership with Ascent Footwear

Not impressed, they are over price

For the price they aren't as comfortable as you advertise, my last pair of mongrels where way more comfortable, you were recommended by my podiatrist but I won't be listening to him again.

Was very disappointed.

Bought 2 pairs of 4E width shoes from Ascent that gave me foot pain the more I wore them. I have worn 4E width shoes for 20 years +.
After discussing issue with my podiatrist it was determined there must have been an issue with the Ascent shoes. Ascent refunded me the unworn pair, but refused to refund the pair I had already worn as I was a week out of their warranty period. Ascent claimed their shoes were made to spec and every other brand I have worn over 20 years must have been manufactured incorrectly.
Not impressed and will never buy from Ascent again.

Amanda
AmandaMooloolaba

ABSOLUTE RIP OFF!!!

My child wore your $100 pair of "school shoes" for 3-4 months before the stitching came apart!
They were sent to you and it took you 4 weeks to deem the issue to be due to normal wear and tear and you would not repair or replace them???
If your company cannot manufacture "school shoes" that can't withstand more than 3-4 months wear and tear then I would suggest you get out of the business of making them and stop ripping off struggling Families!!!
I'm so disgusted in your quality and service and I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ASCENT FOOTWEAR AGAIN!!!
Rest assured I will be voicing my opinion and review far and wide!!!

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

The worst most uncomfortable pair of shoes

I have worn ascent shoes for years this pair kills my feet, they make the soles of my feet feel bruised and can hardly walk around after taking them off.I have never experienced such pain from a pair of shoes before, I paid $175.00 for this.

AVENTADOR NICK
AVENTADOR NICKSydney, NSW

Excellent Service Very Helpful Thank You !!!

I bought these shoes and wasn't happy with them , so i asked to return them and get different ones , they were soooooo helpful didn't argue with me and said sure , posted out my new ones and was so happy , a girl called rose helped me out !! great shoes very comfy !!!

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi, Thank you very much for choosing us and sharing your thoughts online! We hope to serve you again in the future! Regards Ascent Footwear.

lasted 6 months wearing periodically, had reviewed by ascent and was told general wear and tear.

Have had 3 pairs over the years been very happy until this last pair... $170 shoes should not do this, no more recommendations from me to fellow workers, time for me to buy a new brand.

Stu MAU

Expensive, wear is poor and another ankle problem

lilydj
lilydjSydney

achilles tendon PAIN Beware

Really try these before you buy - the boot does not allow your feet to roll correctly - now after 4 days only of wear major pain in Achilles tendons in both legs to the point of inability to walk correctly when you take these boots off and you are at home - boots are way to high at the back and do not allow mobility of the feet even though they are supposed to be podiatrist certified - obviously whomever reviewed this item has never worked the outdoors or workshops as a tradie !
comfort of the boot
achilles tendon - major pain in both legs

Bruce
BruceHunter Region, NSW

Ascent Avara is incredibly good!

Nicolad
NicoladSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ascent scholar shoes

Nisha G.
Nisha G.Sydney, NSW

Excellent fit

The fit is very good. It has lasted the whole year and is still going. Very good for everyday school shoes.

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi Nisha, we're very pleased to hear your school shoes have lasted the whole year. Thank you for supporting Ascent Footwear.

Great school shoes

We've had ascenr for our girls for years. They've been hard wearing and comfortable. Thank goodness not made in China.

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi, Thank you for your review of our school shoes! We pride ourselves in offering high quality product that is comfortable for growing (and grown) feet.

Greg R
Greg RSydney Surrounds, NSW

Boots disintegrated within 3. Worst boots I've ever had. Bitterly disappointing.

Purchased the boots in December on the recommendation of my podiatrist and the retailer, by the end of March, the sole had split and started peeling off. This is a totally unacceptable outcome.

I have worked in the building industry as an electrician for 30 years, and have never had a pair of boots disintegrate so quickly. In my opinion, these are not satisfactory work boots if they can't handle basic tasks for 3 months.

I am now in a position, where in the middle of a health crisis, I have no work boots and limited shops open to find and try new boots - fantastic!

Useless.

Michael
MichaelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Oxide (Steel) (4E) Black (Male/Senior) - Size 7.5 - fell apart after 15 months

I work as a physiotherapist in a hospital - involves about 10000 steps per day of walking in the hospital.
The outer sole began to crack and chip after 3-4 months. The bottom of the sole fell off after 15 months. I would expect a pair of runners to last longer than that! Do not buy these.

Reon E.
Reon E.South East Queensland, QLD

Comfortable but dont last

Im onto my second pair of alpha work boots. Comfortable to wear but both pairs have failed in 5 months with the sole splitting across the ball of the foot. Disappointing considering the price point. Another note, because the zipper runs more vertical than diagonal, or parallel with the laces the boot is harder to put on and take off compared to others on the market. And be aware that unlike every other boot manufacturer in Aus ascent boots are sold in US size not UK so go 1 size up than what you normally wear.

GoneCamping1975
GoneCamping1975Sydney, NSW

Total disappointment Alpha safety boots

I work 12 hour shifts and i am on my feet all day. I bought these boots as they claimed they are safety boots more like sneakers. Plus the name athletes foot you would trust to get it right. How wrong was I. They were the most uncomfortable boots I had ever worn. They were not cheap either.
When I was wearing the boots I could actually feel objects through the boots. Not ideal for working on a construction site.
I cannot comment on the longevity on these boots as I did not wear them long enough.

Regan79
Regan79Richardson 2905, ACT

ADELA Buckle not even 3 terms.

As with Mandy we went with an Ascent shoe this year. My daughter was fond of the flower inner sole and Athletes Foot sold me on the invisible scuff protection. We're had to chuck them part way through term three due to scuffed and damaged toes plus a broken buckel. We've gone back to the Clarke's shoes we were wearing last year for the remainder of this year and will not be making the same mistake again next year. The Ascent runners are AMAZING and will see the year through well and truly. The school shoe is just so disappointing.

Steph
StephGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Blistered heels

Spent a decent amount of money on a pair for my son starting prep. Wore them today and didn’t last the day. Teacher had to take them off because he had big blisters behind both heels. Not sure if he was fitted incorrectly or just because they are new. will see how they hold up tomorrow with 2 pairs of socks and bandaids ☹️
Aside from that great looking shoe. My daughter has worn her’s twice now with no problems.

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi Steph, thank you for your review. I would recommend taking the shoes back in to store with your son to double check that the fit is correct.

TMux
TMuxSydney, NSW

Blisters for my girls

Bought leather Ascent Adiva school shoes for my girls 9 & 10 from Athletes foot so should have been fitted correctly. Eldest wore hers for 1 hour and massive blister on each foot which burst. Youngest same story after 2 hours. Took old Lynx shoes up to the school to replace them which at least have some padding on the heel. Tried again with 2 double extra large bandaids on each heel but ripping through again after 20 mins. $130 each for torture. Put some padding on the heel of kids shoes please.

Phil
PhilLaunceston

Best work/dress shoe:- Ascent Elite

Elite by name elite in function, comfortability, and value. I wear elite shoes every day for work and love them. Highly recommend them.

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Thank you for your review Phil. The Elite is one of our most cushioned work shoes, so it is great to hear you love them!

Melindaf
MelindafNewcastle

Voyager Rouge - Most Comfortable Walking Shoes

The Voyager Rouge is by far my favourite walking shoe whilst holidaying in Europe, you can easily wear them all day, they are just so comfortable and look smart. I like the way Ascent is always adding new styles to the Women's range of footwear.

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi Melinda, thank you for your review. We are glad to hear the Voyager made a great travel companion in Europe!

Great work shoes

My Ascent shoes were delivered promptly as promised. I can wear my orthotics in them without problem and I have found them to be comfortable and supportive for all day on-the-go wear at work.

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Thank you for your review Katrina. We hope you enjoy the comfort and support at work!

Very comfortable

I have been wearing Ascent gym shoes for years
Very comfortable and long lasting
I regularly recommend them to anyone

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi Kymb, thanks for your positive review of our shoes. Thank you for recommending them to others.

Other Footwear Shops & Brands