Listing monitored by Ascent Footwear

Mandy

Ascent Eve School Shoes - warning don't bother!

ReviewerMelbourne

Flawed Customer Service

Craig
CraigIllawarra, NSW

worst workboot I have ever worn

Ascent workboots

I purchased the suede work boots, just to try them out, and they were comfortable, light (but let the water through) and lasted about 8 months. I changed to the black work boots (which are waterproof) because I work outdoors every day and they lasted about 8 months too. I've been purchasing them ever since (about 4 years).

My last purchase was the suede boots again, because my usual boots were out of stock, but I'm a bit disappointed that they haven't gone the distance this time - 4 months and both soles are starting to peel off. I'm not sure if the product specs have been changed or whether it's just a problem with that pair - any advice would be great.

Farm Gardener
Farm Gardener

Thanks for the advice. Still like the boots.

Marti
Marti

5 pairs same busted soles

Comfortable BUT.....
First pair the leather came apart on sides and both soles cracked in half in about 10 months.
Replaced under warranty, thanks BUT.......
No surprises same thing in about 12 months.
I also stepped on a nail (Blunt end up very deep) with these boots on and ended up with a chunk of rubber stuck in my foot for 5 weeks, infection and all. These boots have No protection against piercing.
All 3 of my brothers have had these boots and exactly the same thing, 5 pairs in total same huge cracks in soles. Enough said.
Theres no way the company dosent know there a problem with the soles on these boots.

Overpriced imported rubbish

My wife bought these for me and got conned, paid 250 au. Just over 12 months and both soles split, heal separation. Absolute junk for rip off price. Never again will I buy any ascent product, fb all my mates, I'm still yelling...

Alpha 2 workboots FYI

Kenny Dundee

Well I am surprised, picked up the new boots today, no charge, bad batch they said. Problem solved thanks

Not impressed, they are over price

For the price they aren't as comfortable as you advertise, my last pair of mongrels where way more comfortable, you were recommended by my podiatrist but I won't be listening to him again.

Review collected in partnership with Ascent Footwear

Was very disappointed.

Bought 2 pairs of 4E width shoes from Ascent that gave me foot pain the more I wore them. I have worn 4E width shoes for 20 years +.
After discussing issue with my podiatrist it was determined there must have been an issue with the Ascent shoes. Ascent refunded me the unworn pair, but refused to refund the pair I had already worn as I was a week out of their warranty period. Ascent claimed their shoes were made to spec and every other brand I have worn over 20 years must have been manufactured incorrectly.
Not impressed and will never buy from Ascent again.

Review collected in partnership with Ascent Footwear

Amanda
AmandaMooloolaba

ABSOLUTE RIP OFF!!!

My child wore your $100 pair of "school shoes" for 3-4 months before the stitching came apart!
They were sent to you and it took you 4 weeks to deem the issue to be due to normal wear and tear and you would not repair or replace them???
If your company cannot manufacture "school shoes" that can't withstand more than 3-4 months wear and tear then I would suggest you get out of the business of making them and stop ripping off struggling Families!!!
I'm so disgusted in your quality and service and I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ASCENT FOOTWEAR AGAIN!!!
Rest assured I will be voicing my opinion and review far and wide!!!

Find out how Ascent Footwear compares to other Footwear Shops & Brands

The worst most uncomfortable pair of shoes

I have worn ascent shoes for years this pair kills my feet, they make the soles of my feet feel bruised and can hardly walk around after taking them off.I have never experienced such pain from a pair of shoes before, I paid $175.00 for this.

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

lasted 6 months wearing periodically, had reviewed by ascent and was told general wear and tear.

Have had 3 pairs over the years been very happy until this last pair... $170 shoes should not do this, no more recommendations from me to fellow workers, time for me to buy a new brand.

Stu MAU

Expensive, wear is poor and another ankle problem

Greg R
Greg RSydney Surrounds, NSW

Boots disintegrated within 3. Worst boots I've ever had. Bitterly disappointing.

Purchased the boots in December on the recommendation of my podiatrist and the retailer, by the end of March, the sole had split and started peeling off. This is a totally unacceptable outcome.

I have worked in the building industry as an electrician for 30 years, and have never had a pair of boots disintegrate so quickly. In my opinion, these are not satisfactory work boots if they can't handle basic tasks for 3 months.

I am now in a position, where in the middle of a health crisis, I have no work boots and limited shops open to find and try new boots - fantastic!

Useless.

Michael
MichaelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Oxide (Steel) (4E) Black (Male/Senior) - Size 7.5 - fell apart after 15 months

I work as a physiotherapist in a hospital - involves about 10000 steps per day of walking in the hospital.
The outer sole began to crack and chip after 3-4 months. The bottom of the sole fell off after 15 months. I would expect a pair of runners to last longer than that! Do not buy these.

GoneCamping1975
GoneCamping1975Sydney, NSW

Total disappointment Alpha safety boots

I work 12 hour shifts and i am on my feet all day. I bought these boots as they claimed they are safety boots more like sneakers. Plus the name athletes foot you would trust to get it right. How wrong was I. They were the most uncomfortable boots I had ever worn. They were not cheap either.
When I was wearing the boots I could actually feel objects through the boots. Not ideal for working on a construction site.
I cannot comment on the longevity on these boots as I did not wear them long enough.

Peter P.
Peter P.asked

Gday

Just wondering how long the boots have been made in Vietnam for ? I recently bought a new pair and noticed it. My old pair roughly 3 years old, I swore they were made in aus

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi Peter, Our shoes have been produced overseas (such as our Vietnam manufacturers) for over 20 years from when our company began in 2001. We work closely with their teams to ensure that the product is developed to our standards and in line with our designs. If you have any issues with your shoes, please feel free to email us so that we can communicate this back to them.

Graampy
Graampyasked

Hi. What is the warranty on Alpha 2 workboots? I bought a pair less then 6 months ago, both boots now have cracks the whole way across the sole right through to the inner sole. Would this be covered under warranty?

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi Graampy, please contact us via email info@ascentfootwear.com.au to discuss this further.

emailmeifyouneed2
emailmeifyouneed2asked

Why am I reading that ascent are very poor responders in replacement and refunds when a customer purchases an inferior product and are not apologising at all for their mistakes? There is a serial theme here

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi, We work with our customers who have bought direct from our website should they require a refund or replacement. When they login to their account they are able to easily return and request a refund or replacement on a case by case basis. Should they have bought from a retailer, they are asked to return the shoes to them and the retailer will start the returns process through the correct channels.

Get an answer from our members and Ascent Footwear representatives

CategoryOnline Shops and Footwear Shops & Brands
Offers Free Standard Shipping Yes
Free Standard Shipping Minimum Order Amount $69.95
Mens / Womens ClothingMens and Womens
Labels Sold Own Label
Buy Now, Pay Later OptionsNone
Type of Footwear OfferedCasual & Dress Shoes, Exercise & Sport Shoes and Work/Trade/Heavyduty Boots