Listing monitored by Ascent Footwear

NicoladSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ascent scholar shoes

CccSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would have been perfect

The shoe itself was lightweight and perfect for my standing job, but 6 weeks in I noticed the back of the inside area beginning to wear heavily. Nothing 3 months there was a hole and now my upper heal hurts at work because the hard leather inside chafes through my socks. I expected more quality for 179.95 but I guess I will be warning everyone at work not to buy these shoes.

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Thank you for your review. I would recommend taking the shoes back to the place of purchase for an assessment.

Ccc

They looked into it, took 5 months to get back to me and then rejected the case because it was at this time past the 6 month to mark. Useless money hungry company.

Alpha 2, good and disappointing

Alpha 2. Firstly a very comfortable shoe, probably most comfortable work boot i have ever worn. Unfortunately both boots towards the front split across the sole all the way through to the inside letting water in...
Emailed Ascent as i was curious as to the lifespan of the shoes to be told to go back to Athletes Foot where i purchased them to find out instead of just telling me. Wasn't after a replacement even though they lasted about 11months an cost $220 i just wanted to know if they were meant to last longer...
I have had Blundstones that have lasted 3 times longer.

Jen515
Jen515Newcastle

Only lastest 1 term

I purchased the Prep 2 in January for my child starting Kindergarten and yesterday I discovered I will need to replace them due to a chuck of leather being scrapped from the toe area. I know 5yr olds can be tough on shoes but we are 3 weeks into term 2 and I have to fork out for more. I will not return to Ascent for the next pair I will instead get a pair that has rubber toe protection. If Ascent add that to their range I would happily purchase again but until then I think I have to look elsewhere. Fit and comfort was great (no complaints or blisters) but need to be more durable to be worth the price.

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi, Thanks for taking time to review our footwear. We value each and every review whether it is Positive or Negative. We have passed your review onto our product development team.

Mary Galea
Mary GaleaMelbourne

Kids School Shoe

Good quality shoe that gets the everyday wear and tear kids put a school shoe through. Very supportive and ticks all boxes when it comes to quality. More variety for girls would be good to see though.

Ok at this stage

These are my 5th pair of these particular boots, first 3 pairs lasted in excess of 12 months and last pair only 3 months. Very comfortable but the sole appears to be falling apart a little and only 1 month old. Apart from that very well prized and very comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Ascent Footwear

Not what I thought. Didn't last.

Sole wore out fast... and split at foot flex point. Good shoe otherwise. Nice style and fit. Foot support was ok, but I use insoles. Would recommend to others. Thanks.

Review collected in partnership with Ascent Footwear

Most comfortable working boot you can!

Comfort is perfect, better than many other boots on the market.
Fantastic arch support and very light weight.
Durability is a bit poor, don't expect to get any more then12 months full time use.
But if this happens the warranty is good to claim premature ware.

Worth a try

Bought because of the 4e fitting but still found them not quite wide enough for my feet and not real flexible,more like a traditional work shoe. Now wearing a different brand and quite happy with them and have the Ascents in the locker as back up. Horses for courses I suppose as we are all different

Find out how Ascent Footwear compares to other Footwear Shops & Brands

Were once great boots. Soles split on two pairs

Had great wear with the first eight pairs of boots but found the soles split on the last six pairs I bought. Went to order another pair and was assured that the soles would not split but the company didn't have any boots in stock so I ordered from an Australian company called Mongrel boots. All my workers use these boots now. Sorry to have let you down with sales but your boots let my company staff down. Would consider going back but I feel good supporting an Australian company. Look forward to your response. Jeff

J.G.
J.G.

Nice schoolwear shoe.

Didn't wear as well as I thought. Sole split just after 6 months through normal everyday use.
Otherwise look and feel were great. Cost was on par with similar others.

Review collected in partnership with Ascent Footwear

The previous Ascent footwear I had was much better and more comfortable.

The new outer sole on the Alpha range is not as comfortable as the previous ones I had. Also, the right hand shoe has a constant squeek sound from the heel.

Footwear

Good materials, comfortable but for me it wasn't supportive enough on my joints.
I still recommend it to others .

comfortable and useful

I'm on my second pair of Defenders and I have a pair of Roams. The latter are good for walking on the flat on hot days. The Defenders are warm in winter and have good grip on slippery surfaces. An advantage of knowing your size in a particular brand is that you can order them online without traipsing to a city store to find them out of stock. Vegan friends who won't wear leather shoes might want a sturdy insect proof outdoor type of shoe cool enough for summer.

Review collected in partnership with Ascent Footwear

Great boot, possibly bad batch.

The first pair I bought lasted two years. Best pair of boots I had, so I ordered another pair from Ascent online which arrived sooner than expected. Insulation, anti-slip and comfort where my key factors which the boots offered and delivered. My only issue was the sole separated after 3-4 weeks. I ordered another pair which I was reimbursed for, but then had the same issue. I think the pairs I received were possibly from a bad batch, I'll never know. Good boot, but not good enough to pay $200 for 3-4 weeks use.

Peter P.
Peter P.asked

Gday

Just wondering how long the boots have been made in Vietnam for ? I recently bought a new pair and noticed it. My old pair roughly 3 years old, I swore they were made in aus

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi Peter, Our shoes have been produced overseas (such as our Vietnam manufacturers) for over 20 years from when our company began in 2001. We work closely with their teams to ensure that the product is developed to our standards and in line with our designs. If you have any issues with your shoes, please feel free to email us so that we can communicate this back to them.

Graampy
Graampyasked

Hi. What is the warranty on Alpha 2 workboots? I bought a pair less then 6 months ago, both boots now have cracks the whole way across the sole right through to the inner sole. Would this be covered under warranty?

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi Graampy, please contact us via email info@ascentfootwear.com.au to discuss this further.

emailmeifyouneed2
emailmeifyouneed2asked

Why am I reading that ascent are very poor responders in replacement and refunds when a customer purchases an inferior product and are not apologising at all for their mistakes? There is a serial theme here

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi, We work with our customers who have bought direct from our website should they require a refund or replacement. When they login to their account they are able to easily return and request a refund or replacement on a case by case basis. Should they have bought from a retailer, they are asked to return the shoes to them and the retailer will start the returns process through the correct channels.

Get an answer from our members and Ascent Footwear representatives

CategoryOnline Shops and Footwear Shops & Brands
Offers Free Standard Shipping Yes
Free Standard Shipping Minimum Order Amount $69.95
Mens / Womens ClothingMens and Womens
Labels Sold Own Label
Buy Now, Pay Later OptionsNone
Type of Footwear OfferedCasual & Dress Shoes, Exercise & Sport Shoes and Work/Trade/Heavyduty Boots

Other Footwear Shops & Brands