Listing monitored by Ascent Footwear

Heathelt
HeatheltQueensland, Australia

comfortable. poor quality soles

My husband bought some steel cap work boots which he wore for his full time job and the soles flaked and split after 3-4 months. I bought some sandals which I wore a few hours a week and after 6 months the soles had cracked. After spending a decent amount of money on these shoes I would have expected better. Never again.

Marie
MarieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nurse Ascent Avara lasted 9 months

lilydj
lilydjSydney

achilles tendon PAIN Beware

Really try these before you buy - the boot does not allow your feet to roll correctly - now after 4 days only of wear major pain in Achilles tendons in both legs to the point of inability to walk correctly when you take these boots off and you are at home - boots are way to high at the back and do not allow mobility of the feet even though they are supposed to be podiatrist certified - obviously whomever reviewed this item has never worked the outdoors or workshops as a tradie !
comfort of the boot
achilles tendon - major pain in both legs

criticalcustomer
criticalcustomerAU

Split seams but classed as "fair wear and tear"

Nicolad
NicoladSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ascent scholar shoes

Reon E.
Reon E.South East Queensland, QLD

Comfortable but dont last

Im onto my second pair of alpha work boots. Comfortable to wear but both pairs have failed in 5 months with the sole splitting across the ball of the foot. Disappointing considering the price point. Another note, because the zipper runs more vertical than diagonal, or parallel with the laces the boot is harder to put on and take off compared to others on the market. And be aware that unlike every other boot manufacturer in Aus ascent boots are sold in US size not UK so go 1 size up than what you normally wear.

Steph
StephGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Blistered heels

Spent a decent amount of money on a pair for my son starting prep. Wore them today and didn’t last the day. Teacher had to take them off because he had big blisters behind both heels. Not sure if he was fitted incorrectly or just because they are new. will see how they hold up tomorrow with 2 pairs of socks and bandaids ☹️
Aside from that great looking shoe. My daughter has worn her’s twice now with no problems.

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi Steph, thank you for your review. I would recommend taking the shoes back in to store with your son to double check that the fit is correct.

kozu
kozu

Never Again

Bought ASCENT GEELONG URBAN MENS BLACK $190......Within 3 months there was a hole in back of the inside area..........very dissapointed.......

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi kozu, thank you for your review. It is difficult to comment on your shoes without assessing the issues presented. You may wish to take them back to the retailer so they can inspect and assist you further.

CccSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would have been perfect

The shoe itself was lightweight and perfect for my standing job, but 6 weeks in I noticed the back of the inside area beginning to wear heavily. Nothing 3 months there was a hole and now my upper heal hurts at work because the hard leather inside chafes through my socks. I expected more quality for 179.95 but I guess I will be warning everyone at work not to buy these shoes.

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Thank you for your review. I would recommend taking the shoes back to the place of purchase for an assessment.

Ccc

They looked into it, took 5 months to get back to me and then rejected the case because it was at this time past the 6 month to mark. Useless money hungry company.

countrycook
countrycookVictoria

Look neat and would take an orthotic if necessary.

The shoe tends to rub my heel. It seems to have a higher heel cup so would suit athletic build (not me).
It looks smart enough with uniform compared with normal runners.

Not worth the $179 I paid at Athletes Foot for me. I'm learning that a more rocker sole suits me better.

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Thankyou for taking the time to review our footwear. We will pass on your feedback to the development team.

MissBeeHaven
MissBeeHavenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sole perished!

They are less than 2 years old, & the leather is separating from the boot in sections as well as linear separation in the sole in layers. Closer inspection showed chunks of the sole have been detaching, & there is a thorn embedded just under the pad of the foot, which cannot be seen so as to remove it. The top of the boot is in perfect condition! These boots are used outdoors only. Very disappointed in what is touted to be a good brand. Bought these at Athletes Foot, Forest Lake.

Alpha 2, good and disappointing

Alpha 2. Firstly a very comfortable shoe, probably most comfortable work boot i have ever worn. Unfortunately both boots towards the front split across the sole all the way through to the inside letting water in...
Emailed Ascent as i was curious as to the lifespan of the shoes to be told to go back to Athletes Foot where i purchased them to find out instead of just telling me. Wasn't after a replacement even though they lasted about 11months an cost $220 i just wanted to know if they were meant to last longer...
I have had Blundstones that have lasted 3 times longer.

Disappointed

I bought the new style alpha2 just over a year a ago for over 200 dollars and have just noticed both of the soles are completely split crossways prematurely. As I haven't had alot of use out of them it's very dissapointing.
It's also dissapointing that I am told Ascent will not replace them because they are over a year old.
I used to swear by these boots and over the years bought many pairs of workboots and also runners for my children which were great but unfortunately I will not take a chance with Ascent workboots again.

Jen515
Jen515Newcastle

Only lastest 1 term

I purchased the Prep 2 in January for my child starting Kindergarten and yesterday I discovered I will need to replace them due to a chuck of leather being scrapped from the toe area. I know 5yr olds can be tough on shoes but we are 3 weeks into term 2 and I have to fork out for more. I will not return to Ascent for the next pair I will instead get a pair that has rubber toe protection. If Ascent add that to their range I would happily purchase again but until then I think I have to look elsewhere. Fit and comfort was great (no complaints or blisters) but need to be more durable to be worth the price.

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi, Thanks for taking time to review our footwear. We value each and every review whether it is Positive or Negative. We have passed your review onto our product development team.

should be better

this is the second pair ascent boots that have split across the soul in little work time.
the boots are also cut to high on the heel support, causing sores to rub on the bottom of my ankle bone.
the under over leather between the upper and lower part of the boot rubs severely on the top of the ball of my foot causing some longer term pain in my foot.
there nearly a good boot!

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi Justin, Thank you for taking the time to post a review. In regards to the outsole splitting prematurely we are currently developing a revised outsole on the Alpha 2 which will completely resolve this issue. Follow us on Facebook for updates.

Review collected in partnership with Ascent Footwear

Peter P.
Peter P.asked

Gday

Just wondering how long the boots have been made in Vietnam for ? I recently bought a new pair and noticed it. My old pair roughly 3 years old, I swore they were made in aus

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi Peter, Our shoes have been produced overseas (such as our Vietnam manufacturers) for over 20 years from when our company began in 2001. We work closely with their teams to ensure that the product is developed to our standards and in line with our designs. If you have any issues with your shoes, please feel free to email us so that we can communicate this back to them.

Graampy
Graampyasked

Hi. What is the warranty on Alpha 2 workboots? I bought a pair less then 6 months ago, both boots now have cracks the whole way across the sole right through to the inner sole. Would this be covered under warranty?

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi Graampy, please contact us via email info@ascentfootwear.com.au to discuss this further.

emailmeifyouneed2
emailmeifyouneed2asked

Why am I reading that ascent are very poor responders in replacement and refunds when a customer purchases an inferior product and are not apologising at all for their mistakes? There is a serial theme here

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi, We work with our customers who have bought direct from our website should they require a refund or replacement. When they login to their account they are able to easily return and request a refund or replacement on a case by case basis. Should they have bought from a retailer, they are asked to return the shoes to them and the retailer will start the returns process through the correct channels.

Get an answer from our members and Ascent Footwear representatives

CategoryOnline Shops and Footwear Shops & Brands
Offers Free Standard Shipping Yes
Free Standard Shipping Minimum Order Amount $69.95
Mens / Womens ClothingMens and Womens
Labels Sold Own Label
Buy Now, Pay Later OptionsNone
Type of Footwear OfferedCasual & Dress Shoes, Exercise & Sport Shoes and Work/Trade/Heavyduty Boots