Listing monitored by Ascent Footwear

Ascent workboots

I purchased the suede work boots, just to try them out, and they were comfortable, light (but let the water through) and lasted about 8 months. I changed to the black work boots (which are waterproof) because I work outdoors every day and they lasted about 8 months too. I've been purchasing them ever since (about 4 years).

My last purchase was the suede boots again, because my usual boots were out of stock, but I'm a bit disappointed that they haven't gone the distance this time - 4 months and both soles are starting to peel off. I'm not sure if the product specs have been changed or whether it's just a problem with that pair - any advice would be great.

Farm Gardener
Farm Gardener

Thanks for the advice. Still like the boots.

Nicolad
NicoladSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ascent scholar shoes

Pam Deacon
Pam DeaconMandurah

Shoe laces

I am complaining about your shoes laces. My husband and I both wear ascent joggers which are not cheap. We buy from the Athletes foot in Mandurah. We both resent the fact that we have to buy bigger shoes laces at $4.95 each, because you people don’t make them long enough. It’s not the money so much, but the bloody principle of the thing. Lift your game and put longer shoe laces in. We can always buy other joggers.

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi Pam, thank you for reviewing our footwear and supporting our brand. We will pass on your feedback regarding the laces to the product development team.

CccSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would have been perfect

The shoe itself was lightweight and perfect for my standing job, but 6 weeks in I noticed the back of the inside area beginning to wear heavily. Nothing 3 months there was a hole and now my upper heal hurts at work because the hard leather inside chafes through my socks. I expected more quality for 179.95 but I guess I will be warning everyone at work not to buy these shoes.

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Thank you for your review. I would recommend taking the shoes back to the place of purchase for an assessment.

Ccc

They looked into it, took 5 months to get back to me and then rejected the case because it was at this time past the 6 month to mark. Useless money hungry company.

Dblk89Gunnedah

Good shoes let down by poor marketing

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Thankyou for taking the time to review our shoes. It is great to hear you are happy with the Vision. I will pass on the slip resistance feedback to the development team.

Dblk89

It's been an year now and the shoes are still doing great. The stitches are still intact except for some minor tear inside of the shoes due to my heavy daily use. I don't have to replace it anytime soon by the looks of it

Alpha 2, good and disappointing

Alpha 2. Firstly a very comfortable shoe, probably most comfortable work boot i have ever worn. Unfortunately both boots towards the front split across the sole all the way through to the inside letting water in...
Emailed Ascent as i was curious as to the lifespan of the shoes to be told to go back to Athletes Foot where i purchased them to find out instead of just telling me. Wasn't after a replacement even though they lasted about 11months an cost $220 i just wanted to know if they were meant to last longer...
I have had Blundstones that have lasted 3 times longer.

Jen515
Jen515Newcastle

Only lastest 1 term

I purchased the Prep 2 in January for my child starting Kindergarten and yesterday I discovered I will need to replace them due to a chuck of leather being scrapped from the toe area. I know 5yr olds can be tough on shoes but we are 3 weeks into term 2 and I have to fork out for more. I will not return to Ascent for the next pair I will instead get a pair that has rubber toe protection. If Ascent add that to their range I would happily purchase again but until then I think I have to look elsewhere. Fit and comfort was great (no complaints or blisters) but need to be more durable to be worth the price.

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi, Thanks for taking time to review our footwear. We value each and every review whether it is Positive or Negative. We have passed your review onto our product development team.

Great work shoes particularly like the colour "rouge".

As this is about my fourth pair of these shoes I am very pleased. The only improvement that I can suggest is changing the laces to cotton ones as the nylon ones come loose all the time. I wear orthodontics and these are very comfortable shoes.

School shoes

Great shoes recommended by my daughter's podiatrist and the orthotics fitted them well. Have had two pairs and in both the leather wore right through the big toe area which was disappointing. Have not had that happen with previous (other brand) shoes.

Lyn Reed
Lyn ReedBRISBANE

Comfortable

Having one foot size 10 and the other size 11 and being female, unfortunately I had to go to a men's trainer size 12 as 11.5 not available in either women's or men's. I do have a bit of extra room in the toes, but I have to say, they are so comfortable.

Mary Galea
Mary GaleaMelbourne

Kids School Shoe

Good quality shoe that gets the everyday wear and tear kids put a school shoe through. Very supportive and ticks all boxes when it comes to quality. More variety for girls would be good to see though.

Sarah Redwood
Sarah RedwoodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great shoe for 1 child, but not wide enough for another

I have had a sent shoes for 2 years in a row for my daughter. In prep they lasted well but she out grew them by mid year. We had a second pair for year 1. That last the whole year and still looked good and we're still very supportive at the end of the year. We have got a third pair for this year. However they don't even come close to fitting my son in width. He measured a size 11 in length and we had to get a 13.5 wide to fit for the width. So sorry but he can't wear shoes that much too long we have had to go with another brand.

Find out how Ascent Footwear compares to other Footwear Shops & Brands

Best comfort long wearing work shoes ive ever owned

I have been wearing Ascent footwear for about 8 years. I had very sore feet from standing long hours and my feet rolling in, after trying many different shoes that would fit my orthodics I came across these although they do not look the most time fashionable the pain free support I get from them far out ways the fashion. I highly recommend these shoes. They are also long lasting

Review collected in partnership with Ascent Footwear

Good sturdy shoes also comfortable.

Good quality shoes. They wear well and offer good comfort. My only complaint is if the soles get even a little wet they are very squeaky on smooth floors. Overall worth the money.

Ok at this stage

These are my 5th pair of these particular boots, first 3 pairs lasted in excess of 12 months and last pair only 3 months. Very comfortable but the sole appears to be falling apart a little and only 1 month old. Apart from that very well prized and very comfortable.

Peter P.
Peter P.asked

Gday

Just wondering how long the boots have been made in Vietnam for ? I recently bought a new pair and noticed it. My old pair roughly 3 years old, I swore they were made in aus

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi Peter, Our shoes have been produced overseas (such as our Vietnam manufacturers) for over 20 years from when our company began in 2001. We work closely with their teams to ensure that the product is developed to our standards and in line with our designs. If you have any issues with your shoes, please feel free to email us so that we can communicate this back to them.

Graampy
Graampyasked

Hi. What is the warranty on Alpha 2 workboots? I bought a pair less then 6 months ago, both boots now have cracks the whole way across the sole right through to the inner sole. Would this be covered under warranty?

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi Graampy, please contact us via email info@ascentfootwear.com.au to discuss this further.

emailmeifyouneed2
emailmeifyouneed2asked

Why am I reading that ascent are very poor responders in replacement and refunds when a customer purchases an inferior product and are not apologising at all for their mistakes? There is a serial theme here

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi, We work with our customers who have bought direct from our website should they require a refund or replacement. When they login to their account they are able to easily return and request a refund or replacement on a case by case basis. Should they have bought from a retailer, they are asked to return the shoes to them and the retailer will start the returns process through the correct channels.

Get an answer from our members and Ascent Footwear representatives

CategoryOnline Shops and Footwear Shops & Brands
Offers Free Standard Shipping Yes
Free Standard Shipping Minimum Order Amount $69.95
Mens / Womens ClothingMens and Womens
Labels Sold Own Label
Buy Now, Pay Later OptionsNone
Type of Footwear OfferedCasual & Dress Shoes, Exercise & Sport Shoes and Work/Trade/Heavyduty Boots