Aseako Electric Bike

Aseako Electric Bike Questions & Answers

Tourney, Zoco Xtreme, Alto, etc...

57 questions from our users

Tim E.

Tim E.asked

Electric Bike

How can I tighten a loose drive cha8n?

Andrew S.asked

Electric Bike

I have purchased an old Asesko Alto second hand which I've been riding everywhere, it's awesome, but just recently started making a bit of grinding noise from the motor/crank. I've bought a brand new Aseako Rossa because I am so impressed by these bikes. I am a diy type guy and I want to pull the motor/crank down and service/fix it before giving the old Alto to a friend. Is there any step by step tutorials out there somewhere? Anyone got a link?

doug martin

i suggest to contact aseako

Andrew S.

Thanks Doug. Good idea, they sent me videos and schematics of how to break it down to replace the bearings. Once I locate the offending bearing/s (which turns out to be an easy task) they can send me a replacement as they stock all the bits as well. Pretty bloody happy with these guys.

George

Georgeasked

How to turn on lights?

Hi Greg, To turn the lights on do the following:
Hold both UP and MODE for 3 seconds to turn on the front and back lights and the LCD backlight, when the
surrounding light is not enough or it is in the evening. Hold both UP and MODE for
3 seconds again to turn off all the lights.
Hope this helps,
Regards

Peter W

Peter Wasked

Electric Bike

Can you tell me who makes the bike, the motor and also the battery

doug martin

i advise you to contact aseako electric bikes regs these questions

Hi Peter,
We manufacture the bike in China. Frame and motor is manufactured in China. We use a Tonaro motor. Other standard components are from major manufacturers such as Shimano, Nuvinic Tektro, Velo etc. The battery is built in China using generally Samsung battery cells.
Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact us direct at sales@aseakoelectrcibikes.com.au
Regards

Kev

Kevasked

Tourney

What is the charging system, and how long to cherge?
What is the weight of a Tourney?

Peter
Peter

It's a standard 12v battery charger that takes around 2 hours to fully charge the 10 amp battery.
The Tourney weighs in at a hefty 28 kg with the battery.
I have one and for the price it is a very good bike, except that I can only get a range of about 20kms out of one charge.

Kerry

Kerryasked

Electric Bike

I’m enjoying riding around on my Lietner Berlin Cruiser but have a real hankering to go bush. Gravel roads, pretty tidy bush tracks, hills..not full on MTB tracks. I’m thinking about buying a secondhand Tourney. Two questions: are they good on the terrain I have mentioned? And: I’m a 5’5 female and don’t want to struggle getting on and off. Anyone similar height have one? is like to hear your opinions. Thanks.

Sigfried Niemann
Sigfried Niemann

Well i haven!t gone bush yet so i cant tell u for sure but u should not have any problems.

Wally

Wallyasked

Electric Bike

Hi I have an alto model. Havent used it in a while. Lost my instructions. Cant remember when on charge - does green light mean it is still taking charge or does green light mean its finished charging and good to go?

Wally  Bond
Wally Bond

Green....finished charging

Brett R.Aseako

Hi Wally - yes that is correct. The battery charge indicator should go red initially when you plug it in (assuming it is not already fully charged) and then once charged it will change to green.

garry t

garry tasked

Electric Bike

hi there i have zoco i have a problem when i am riding bike the battery cuts out all the time i have to stop get off unplug battery plug then replug it in then it goes for a little while then cuts out again can you suggest anything to fix problem? thanks garry thomas [email removed]

Brett R.Aseako

Hi Garry, Thanks for the contact. This is informally symptomatic of the battery no longer holding enough capacity. Despite it possibly showing full on the meter, over time, the actual 'full' capacity reduces until it gets to a point where there is no longer enough to power the bike particularity when under load. We will send you an email direct to help clarify a few things and then resolve the issue. Kind regards Aseako

Paul P
Paul P

I didn’t see Brett’s response until after, but it’s my thought also the battery needs to be first considered. Pulling the plug does suggest the need for a reboot reset. But it could still be the battery sensing overload. Either incorrectly or due to some internal issue. It would be helpful to ride only using it in light assist and see if it lasts longer before cutting out. Brett’s been very helpful in the past and I’m sure he do all to get you going again. My battery is over 5 years and under heavy demand does just on 50km. Slower and on a mid setting it’s 65 km with the first light just sensing drain under load. Feeling I’m having a good run and hoping that continues. Good luck.

Greg R

Greg Rasked

Zoco Xtreme

For those with an Ultra or Extreme Bike, what is your weight, battery ( volts and aH, please) and how many km's average per battery cycle. It seems now the batteries are all 48v 10aH with option of 48v 13aH. How old is your bike, any issues as yet ? I'm 171cm ( do i need standard or large frame) ? I note there is an issue that the seat won't go all the way down due to battery in the way. Has this been a problem for anyone ?

Hello Greg,
Our bikes are not very old, so cannot really comment yet on how long the batteries last. We purchased the 13aH batteries. It would be nice if the seat could go all the way down. I always remove the batteries when charging so you need to lift the seat. I am nealy 180cm and I have the large frame. Suggest you might like to speak with Brett as he made suggestions for both my wife and myself and he was spot-on. He is your best source of information I reckon. Goodluck. Col H

Brett R.Aseako

HI Greg, thanks for the question.
You are correct re the battery options. Distance obviously depends on your usage and management with the key things that effect distance being how much effort you put in yourself, what power level you use most and what gear ratio you are in. A realistic expectation for a 10ah battery is around 30-40km subject to terrain but we have many owners who manage their bikes well and get significantly more. 50 - 60km. The 13ah battery technically gives you an extra 30% range under the same riding conditions. In terms of height, at 171cm I would recommend the standard frame. You can put the seat up if required but this frame has a lower min seat height. Re the seat position, the seat on the standard frame does go effectively all the way down to the frame - it is only on the large frame where it sits above the battery although if required the bracket underneath the seat can be swapped around and it too will come down in front of the battery. The reason on the large frame is that to accommodate longer reach of those taller people, the seat has been moved back, and normally for those of that height, there is no reason for the seat to come down any lower than the battery and in fact is often lifted higher. This is purposely designed that way. In either case if you wish to remove the battery for charging etc. then you have to lift the seat to give room to remove but that is a simple quick release mechanism. Of course you can always charge while on the bike and avoid that altogether.
I hope this has helped with your questions. If you have anymore, please give us call and we are happy to help. Regards Brett - Aseako

Jack
Jack

How much is the Aseako Rossa Delivered

Bec

Becasked

Electric Bike

Hi Aseako Electric Bike doesn’t hold charge....when plugged into the wall on charge it will work but once unplugged it saying low battery......does this mean I need new battery

Hi Bec,
Thanks for the question. Could be a couple things subject to age of battery etc. Best for you to give us call direct on 1300 55 99 76 or send us an email with your contact details and we will call you to help diagnose the issue.
Regards, Aseako

Bob B.

Bob B.asked

Zoco Xtreme

Motor size and what is top speed.

500watts on off road mode 40 kms a hour

Bob,
Phil's response is correct as I understand it. Also, didn't mention in my review, we took the option to upgrade the battery to 13Ah. Also, the mid drive motor certainly gives it the power you want when going up any incline. Hope this helps. Col H

GrahamKIAMAasked

Electric Bike

Hi...I have the Aseako Sport about 4-5 years old with Shimano 8 Speed casette and derailer that came standard. Does the chain have 114 links as mine comes off often. Thanks Graham

GrahamKIAMAasked

Electric Bike

Hi I have 2 bikes bought of you about 5 yrs ago. it is the ASEAKO SPORT. Can you tell me what chain size links and cassette info.. Thanks Graham @ Kiama

Shorty
Shorty

The chain is 3/32"x1/2"

GrahamKIAMA

Thank you Shorty, do you know the correct amount of links for the shimano 8 speed cassette that came with the bike. I have 114 but chain comes off often.

Brett R.Aseako

Hi Graham, thanks for the question. There are a number of reasons why the chain may be coming off. I would suggest you send us an email to our support email at support@aseakoelectricbikes.com.au and we would be happy to work through the issue and help to resolve the problem. Regards

Sean L-Casked

Tourney

Anybody in the wider adelaide region have an Aseako Tourney or Rossi or Zoco in a large frame. I just want to have a look to see if it is too small for me at 6ft3 inches and 120kg. Thanks, Sean (in Athelstone but willing to travel.)

PhilD

Looking at the sizes in height length there is only a slight difference with seat adjustment you could ride either check on Aseako web site under specs

AlanB
AlanB

I'm in Melbourne and am 6'4" and put a long seat pole on the Tourney and it's a good fit. Bigger wheels would be good but it does the job pretty well as is.

Sean L-Casked

Zoco Xtreme

I like an upright posture so I can see the surroundings but most ebikes make you lean forward like a road racing bike. How adjustable is the handlebar on the Zoco Xtreme?
Regards? Sean.

PhilD

I have a Aseako extreme they have good adjustment to maintain upright position

Thanks Phil,
I'm 192cm tall (6'3") and like a 108cm seat height. Any options you know of for the Zoco Xtreme. Thanks, Sean.

Tony

Tonyasked

Zoco Xtreme

How do I get hold of instructions to operate the dashboard, to reset my speedo or to turn on the lights for example? Cheers, tony

PhilD

Easy to operate .For lights press down the mode and up button at the same time repeat again to turn off. To reset Speedo press down the mode and down button at the same time To switch between total kms to trip kms press mode button twice The rest of instructions you should have

Heather

Heatherasked

Electric Bike

How do I remove the battery?

Ian Masked

Zoco Ultra

Hi, is there any difference in expected travel distance per charge between the Ultra and the Aventi II with 15 aH battery?

Squires
Squires

I think the distance is the same...

Ian M

If that's the case I wonder what the advantage of buying the Aventi II over the Ultra is?

Hi Ian,
Thanks for the question. Just to clarify.
1. The Ultra II is a dual 250/500 power bike and operates on 48V battery. The largest battery currently available for it is a 13ah.
2. The Aventi II is exactly the same general specs but is only 250W and therefore operates on a 36V battery which you can get a 15ah .

The difference in voltage does not make a lot of difference to the range achievable but obviously the 15ah would have a theoretically 2 ah greater capacity and therefore range assuming all other things are equal.

The key things that affect range are the power level used, how the gears are managed (too high a gear will load the motor more and drag more power), how much effort you put in yourself and of course weight of rider, terrain and headwinds.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions please let us know. You can email us direct and we will be happy to assist.

Kind regards

Neiltas

Neiltasasked

Electric Bike

Does the motor stop applying power when you change gears? If not, does this cause increased wear and load on derailer?

Hi Neiltas,
Thanks for the enquiry. The motor does not stop automatically although you can manually manage this if you like. If riding under normal flat riding load situations there is no issue with changing gears. It is only when the gears are under higher load most commonly when going up a hill, that as with normal traditional non powered bikes which have the same issue, you may have to release the load on the gears to enable them to change downs if needed. The electric motor is just more consistent than your personal pedal power so it can be more noticeable but there are simple methods to assist in managing this.
Hope this helps.
Kind regards
Brett
Aseako Electric Bikes

stev

stevasked

Zoco Xtreme

How do I top up the oil for the engine?

Hi,

I presume you are referring to the mid drive reduction gearbox. This is a greased gearbox - there is no oil in it therefore no need to top it up.
If you have any further questions we can assist with in regards to maintenance of your Aseako Electric Bike it is best to contact us direct at support@aseakoelectricbikes.com.au
Hope this helps. Regards Aseako

Get an answer from our members and Aseako representatives