Ashtons Removals

Ashtons Removals (page 2 of 9)

Disappointing and not very helpful

We moved from Carrara to Hope Island and although the removalists were pleasant enough, they were not very helpful. They arrived on time, took 2 hours to load the van but surprisingly took over 4 hours to unload, due to numerous breaks! In all our previous moving experiences it has always taken longer to load than unload.

We asked if they would help my wife and I assemble our 6 foot bed and were told quite bluntly that if Ashtons didn't dismantle the unit then they can't reassemble. My wife has arthritis in her hands, we are in our mid 60's and the bed requires at least 2 people to assemble. The 6ft mattress is very heavy and cumbersome. Needless to say, we were not impressed and this is the first time in 20 moves that we did not provide a tip.

We will not be using Ashtons again in the future and would not recommend their service. Very disappointing all round.

Hi Steve We were very disappointed to read that you were unhappy with the service we provided during your recent local removal. Ashtons Removals strives to provide the most professional removal service on the Gold Coast, so we welcome your feedback and will aim to provide a better service to our clients moving forward. In response to your review, I can confirm that the reason unloading took longer than loading was because we moved you from a house into a third-floor apartment. I also note that the removal team carried all your items up two flights of stairs before gaining access to the lift, and that we were unable to have sole use of the lift. This access resulted in the delivery taking much longer than it would have, if we had been moving your goods into a house. I can confirm we quoted you a fixed price for your removal, so you were not charged any extra for the breaks the removal team took, or the extra time it took them to place all of your goods into your apartment. In regard to the reassembly of your bed, our notes from the inspection and confirmation email indicate that you were going to dismantle and reassemble items yourself. Please note that when we don't dismantle an item, the process of reassembling it becomes more complicated as we aren't familiar with the item, and this is why, in general, we don't reassemble something we haven't dismantled. We understand from your review that there were health issues which meant the reassembly of the bed was extremely difficult for you both and we apologise for not assisting. I will ensure that the entire removal team is spoken to about being more lenient about this policy moving forward. It certainly was not our intention to cause you any additional stress during your recent removal, so please accept our sincere apologies for this. Please feel free to call me on 5527 9700 if you'd like to discuss this further. Kind regards, Mrs AJ Bigham General Manager Ashtons RemovalsWe are very disappointed with your response concerning the 2 main issues raised and refute the points made about the delivery and access for the following reasons: 1. Your Assessor at the time of quoting for the removal said she was familiar with the development that we were moving to and the crew knew all about the access to the property as they had delivered to the apartments before. They were familiar with the access from the road and the provisions for the lift access, so the excuses the crew have given as to why the unloading took longer than the uploading are laughable. 2. We moved from a 3 bed townhouse where most of the heavy furniture and all of the packed boxes were upstairs. In order to load the van they had to carry the items down a dog-leg staircase that consisted of 17 steps. The apartment we moved into was on the 3rd floor and to access the lift they had two small flights of steps - one consisting of 5 steps and the other 3 steps. The second flight of steps had a ramp for disabled access so they could easily bypass the second set of steps altogether. Finally, they were given a set of lift keys by the BC manager to lock the lift for their exclusive use - so there is no excuse as to why it took twice as long to unload the van as it did to upload. In actuality, the unload should have been less strenuous than the upload. We believe they may have prolonged the time it took to unload as the men told us they were paid by the hour. It made no difference to our cost as we were quoted a fixed price. 3. When we asked if they could give us a hand with the bed, they refused and we were informed that it was company policy not to help with constructing the bed if it had not been deconstructed. I was quite happy to assemble the bed myself but would have appreciated a helping hand with the mattress as it was heavy for my wife. It would have only taken 5 minutes for someone to assist while I screwed the bolts together and they had given us a helping hand with the heavy mattress. In 20 moves this is the first time we have ever taken issue with the removal of our goods as most Removal crews are happy to help and make the process easier for the client and often go the extra mile if necessary. Sadly, Ashtons removals service fell well below our expectations.

Nothing was too much ch trouble!

I had some large furniture pieces I was moving form Nerang to Kingscliff. Coming up from Sydney to clear out my mothers house time was at a premium.
The booking was handled in a friendly and efficient way, accommodating my needs and timing with a can do approach. The guys arrived on time at 7.15am and we were packed and on the road within an hour. At the other end furniture had to be relocated to accommodate the delivery. By about 10am the job was done. The guys were helpful, friendly, polite careful with my things and nothing was too much trouble. I can't thank them enough for their help!! Great work and I would definitely recommend Ashton's if you are looking for help moving.

ABSOLUTELY 5 STAR SERVICE

From the office staff who kept in touch prior to moving day, through to the movers & shakers, our relocation was professional and seamless. We opted to have all the wrapping and packing done, plus a week in storage between properties, and everything arrived in the same condition it was collected. The men on the truck couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful in what is such a tough job ... they are credit to the company. For a trouble free move, I do not think Ashtons can be beaten.

House Move

I recently had Ashton's move my three bedroom house from Brisbane to the Gold Coast.

I found them very efficient and the workers really friendly.

I would recommend their service for others.

Great peace of mind!

From my initial phone call to inquire about moving an antique grand piano, the service was great. Information was emailed promptly and on the day the piano arrived, the boys took plenty of time and care, with our precious cargo. All were friendly and professional from start to finish. Very happy.

Smooth and courteous

I moved from a four bed house on Gold Coast to south coast of NSW. The actual upload took about 5 hours in the rain. It all went very smoothly. My furniture was delivered on time and took about 4 hours to unload. The men at both ends were very good but particularly the ones on the Gold coast. They were very careful of all my goods.

Peace of mind

From the moment of arranging a free quote, to unpacking the last box after the move, Ashton’s Removals proved themselves to be friendly, helpful and accommodating of our every need. We plan to move again in 6 months and will definitely be booking them in. On the day, the boys were especially helpful and a real blessing. It felt like they were your mates and had your back!!

Professional, friendly and caring

From my initial phone call through to the completion of the move, I was very impressed. Everyone was professional, friendly and respectful. The move was a short distance but included a second drop off at another suburb. The crew were extremely obliging and helpful making sure the correct furniture was dropped off at the correct addresses. The crew went out of their way making sure the furniture was placed correctly and all boxes were put in the correct rooms. The crew were very hard workers!

Efficient, friendly, professional.

Four bedroom house, but not full of furniture. Only moved several kms to the next suburb. All went to clockwork from start to finish. Very impressed with the professionalism of the team. These guys are hard workers!

Quick response, well organized

very basic furniture without any domestic contents and belongings.
That is short distance.
Yes, they gave me a ring before they arrive.

Ticked All Our Boxes!

We moved 100 km from a 4 bedroom to 3 bedroom house. Because there was a 4 week time lag between leaving our old home and taking up residence at our new place, Ashton's stored our furniture in their warehouse for that period. All of the services provided by Ashton's were professional, efficient and tailored to our personal needs. The lady who came to assess our needs was thorough, precise and submitted the quote to us on time as promised. The removalists were friendly, cooperative and very well-organised. We were won over by the storage system employed by Ashton's, which involves the use of modules stored in a weather-proof environment. Thanks to Ashton's our move was trouble-free!

Great Service & Smooth Move

After having my personal effects in store for 2 years with Ashtons on the Gold Coast, the move to my new home in South Australia went very smoothly. The contacts within their organisation were ever helpful and I was kept informed of the progress of the delivery. The delivery guys did an excellent job in placing furniture and boxes where I wanted them. Once unpacked, I found everything just as it had been packed 2 years previously; I commend Ashtons on their storage methods and facility. Keep it up, it works.

Outstanding Removalists - BEST in the Industry

Moving interstate comes with its challenges as the nature of our work means we have ample experience in doing so, however Ashtons Removalists from the first point of contact was professional and timely throughout, keeping us continually up to date and made our move stress free. Our son had previously used this company from the Gold Coast to Melbourne and back, and the way they handled his move so smoothly was an overriding factor, with a midrange cost in comparison to others and outstanding reviews to continue providing the power in easing our decision. From a 4bdrm house on the Gold Coast to an Urban Melbourne City dwelling, the guys in both cities handled our belongings with care and professionalism and were very friendly and courteous, we wouldn't hesitate to recommend Ashtons Removals, as they are a cut above the rest in this industry and we will certainly be using their services again.

The Smoothest Move Ever!

A moderate size move involving 2 levels and a piano. The distance was just 40km and all arrived in the condition it was shipped in. No breakage no damage. The team arrived on time and delivery was ahead of time as settlement was earlier than scheduled. The team were outstanding as were the people at the office. Of almost 20 moves over 50 years THIS was the best.

Great service and experience

We needed a piano moved from one end of the coast to the other, so while not a massive job or big distance, it was still a tricky one. The piano was an elderly lady's grandmothers, so very precious to her. She was relocating and downsizing and simply no longer had room for it, but was understandably reluctant to let it go. After contacting several companies about moving it, we decided to use Ashtons based on price and reputation, and they didn't let us down. The move was handled smoothly, quickly and on time, and the elderly owner was very reassured that her piano was in safe hands on its way to us. Very happy with everything, thanks Ashtons!

Great Service

Although the distance of the move was quite short, it was a little complicated as it involved picking up from and delivering to three separate locations. From the initial in-home consultation until the last item was unloaded, the move went like clock work. We were really impressed by the professionalism of the team and just how efficient the move was - all on time, under budget and super friendly service.

Local Move

My removal was from a unit to house approximately 15 minutes away. Service was extremely good in all aspects -from the receptionist to quotation on job to delivery staff. Staff displayed expertise, helpfulness, friendliness and professionalism in every way. Great care was taken with all my goods. I would not hesitate to use Ashtons again.

March 11th 2018 Update: Professional service in removal

This was second move I have made with Ashtons within 6 weeks. First was my daughters from a unit to my home and second was from my home to another home a short distance away. Altogether last move was extremely large being 2 households to become 1. Move was handled with professional, helpful and caring staff from initial phone call to quote of job and to delivery staff. Timing was punctual and executed with no breakages or damage, which was remarkable as 2 removal trucks were required. I would not hesitate to recommend Ashtons Removals to every one I know or meet. A huge thankyou to all involved.

They went above and beyond!

We are sincerely most impressed with Ashton’s Removals and all there Staff. We moved from a single storey, 4 bedroom house to a 2 storey, 3 bedroom villa. The move was seamless. Both removalists Mick and Alex were amazing, understanding and professional. Great care and attention was taken with both our homes and environment surrounding them. They took care not to block roads with the truck and great care with all our personable items. They packed and unpacked perfectly and nothing was too much trouble to place items where we required them. We had several issues with our settlement process and the management, office staff and removalists went above and beyond to accommodate any changes that were necessary and beyond our control. We will not hesitate to use them again in the future. A1 service!

3rd time Piano Move

Had to move my Baby Grand 3 times now, all 3 have been done excellently by Ashtons, 2 of them up and down a difficult flight of stairs with a tight turn. Staff have always gone the extra effort whichever crew I got.

Stress Free Move

We recently moved to Brisbane from the Gold Coast requiring our furniture to be in storage for 6 weeks. From the quoting stage I was impressed by Ashton’s, they were extremely helpful with suggestions and happy to answer any questions. The crew who came to pack were prompt, helpful and polite. When we were ready to move into our new house the whole move went smoothly and again the staff were excellent. We would certainly recommend them.

Roughly how many storage creates would it take to store anaverage a 3 bedroom house?
Sorry, no idea. How long's a piece of string? What size crates? How packed are the rooms?. I found the people at Ashton's to be very helpful so I'd suggest ringing them direct.Haha yes I am waiting for them to come and quote. Just checking prices while I wait, time is running out.

how much is the average monthly storage fees charged by removalist if you have to store before they deliver to new address?
Sorry, can't really answer this question as it depends on how much you have to store. Great company though, and would recommend them to anyone.Gee sounds like an adGood afternoon Fela. Grace is correct in advising that the storage rates depend on the volume of goods that you have to be stored with us. As you are aware, we store goods in modules and our storage rates depend on how many of these modules a client uses, but so that you know, for the first module we charge $25.00 per week and for each additional module it's an extra $20.00 per week. Therefore, if you had 5 modules of goods in store the weekly storage charges would be $105.00 per week - so for a four week month you'd be paying $420.00 and for a five week month you would be paying $525.00. We do only charge for the storage up to the date that the goods are delivered so if you've paid your storage in advance, any applicable refund would be paid back to you following delivery. I hope this helps but if you'd like more information please call the office on 07 5527 9700. Thank you.