Ashtons Removals

Ashtons Removals

Be aware of those hidden cost

1. States in contract but wasn't highlighted by sales that free delivery from where depot is to where you are in which case I was charged additional.
2. Bought delivery insurance but that not valid for 60 days which means if your stuff n storage then final delivery from depot to your home want be covered! Very tricky
3. Customer service was great when they try to sell and becomes nightmare when it comes to delivery. And they don't believe you will move again hence why they don't care!

Don't think I'd recommend this company to anyone!

Hidden cost, bad services

Pickup, storage and Return

Move was from 3 bedroom home into storage then on completion of house painting all the goods in storage were returned to the property.
Excellent service by highly professional staff and I can honestly highly recommend them all.

Moving for the 4th time with Ashtons

Simply the best...... better than all the rest!!!!!!! From the beginning Erica was most courteous and professional, then John who is just awesome, the guys were efficient and very careful moving our furniture, nothing was a problem.
We will be back in 6-8 months for the next move!!!! Keep up the good work Ashtons you guys sooooo deserve it.
Thanks again to everyone.

Moving House on the Gold Coast

I used Ashtons on the Gold Coast as my removalist, they were very professional and understanding. They came to the house the day before the move and packed the boxes for me. The next day the truck arrived on time and was loaded efficiently by very polite, careful and nice guys. Such hard workers - the furniture and boxes were unloaded into my new house on time. They arranged for unpackers to come the next day, what a blessing they were. Great job Ashtons, I would highly recommend them & everyone I dealt with, they were fabulous. Would use them again.

Repeat Customer Moving House

Ashtons have moved us 4 times now and their service has not faulted. 3 & 4 bedroom moves, first was a long distance and last 3 short distance. From the office arrangements to the boys on the trucks, the move was on time and the physical move went smoothly, the cost was also reasonable.
We have complete confidence in Ashtons that's why we have continued to use them for our moving houses and will again when next we relocate.

Saved the day

My husband and I were coming up from Sydney to move my mother from one place to the other on the Gold Coast. A few days before my husband injured himself and couldn't help. Ashtons had previously been recommended to me by a friend so I rang and asked if they could help out at short notice. They were great, turned up on time, fast service, friendly guys and it made our day so much easier.

Moving house

Great service from beginning to end. Everyone was very helpful. I moved from a 4 bedroom house to a 3 bedroom home a few kms away. The boys arrived on time, they were very polite, considerate and careful. My furniture was stored in van overnight and delivered promptly the next morning. Again the boys were very professional, cheerful, funny and extremely careful. Would recommend to anyone.

The best removalists we have ever used in about a dozen moves over almost 50 years!

Ashtons Removals on the Gold Coast is the most professional, caring & competent Removalist firm we have ever encountered!
Our removal was for a 'downsizing' from a large freestanding home at Broadbeach Waters to new ( but much smaller) apartment at Broadbeach. However our furniture & belongings had to be stored for a few days (or more); pending settlement for our unit.
From the initial visit to our home by their consultant, some weeks prior to the planned pickup date; to give a written quotation of costs involved, amount of removal cartons required (35) & advise method of temporary storage: "podding" (small containers), & # of men required for move. The next step involved setting up the actual pickup date & time for their specialist 'pod loader' truck to be available. Once these dates/times for loading & unloading were confirmed, the cartons (35) for packing were delivered a week before pickup date. On the pickup day, the Removalist truck arrived at the time due (7:30am) & the 3 sealable "pods" on truck were loaded in the allocated time (4 hours). Prior to commencing loading the removalists listed & numbered all cartons, tubs & individual pieces of furniture & gave us a computer list of same for our records! The few days temporary storage 'dragged out' to 5 weeks because of settlement delays with our apartment but this was not a problems for Ashtons as we kept them 'in the loop'. On the day of delivery Ashtons had an allocated 'delivery window' of 7:00am to 11:00am for use of furniture lift in our Apartment building. Removal truck arrived on time (@7:00am!) accompanied by a small utility which was then used to 'shuttle' our items from the 'pods' on the truck to the basement lift loading dock. All our furniture was arranged as we required within the unit & the job completed & signed off at 10:30am!
We have never before experienced such a professional, caring & punctual treatment from a Removalist as we had received this time from Ashtons Removals & of recommending them as: "The best Removalists on the Gold Coast!"

P.S. Some 2 weeks later after unpacking, they even picked up the (30+) empty removal cartons "for free!"

Moving stress free

We had a four bedroom home including all outdoor furniture, statues and plants moved. We moved Elanora to Tweed Heads South. The guys were right on time 7:30 am and and move incredibly fast and had us in our new home early in the afternoon . The men were fantastic, good humoured and very polite, they couldn't do enough for us. We would definitely recommend Ashton's to anyone looking for a incredibly professional removal company. Words can't explain how happy we were.

Ashtons Removals Top Removal Company

We used Ashtons on the Gold Coast to pack and do a house furniture removal recently. Erica was very professional and understanding. For the actual packing and moving what a great bunch of guys we had. Such hard workers, thoughtful, careful and nice guys. Great job Ashtons. Would highly recommend them, & everyone I dealt with they were fabulous. Would use them again.

Seamless and safe removals and storage

Both large and small moves involved. Each occasion excellent. Staff are helpful, extremely obliging in dealing with furniture and possessions are moved and stored with meticulous care.

Good job well done

We needed to move a theatre organ onto a new platform on the stage in our hall.
The job was handled efficiently and professionally, and in the time frame planned.

Move made easy

My mum recently downsized from a very large house and the whole process of selling her home of many years that she was very attached to was very stressful for her but from the very first meeting with Diane, mum felt at ease and wouldn't trust anyone else with her move. Diane assessed mum's needs accurately and efficiently. She clearly answered all mum's questions and never pressured mum into a decision. The move itself was only a short distance but had an added complication of everything going in to storage for 10 days. The fact that mum's things were not being double handled to go into storage gave her peace of mind as some of mum's things have become frail with age but are high in sentimental value to her. The team were amazing in their care of lifting and packing everything up and constantly reassured mum along the way in a friendly and caring manner. They even moved some of mum's plants doing a special drop off. They were punctual and tidy in their work and very experienced and made the whole process easy and I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Like watching removalist ballet

Ashtons moved a piano one suburb over for me down steep driveways and over steps and around tight corners. The piano was barely jostled throughout the move and no walls were touched at all. It was raining so they covered the piano and it's seat while it was exposed to the rain and dried their wheels before rolling over carpet. They even went above and beyond the call of duty and lifted the piano for me to put carpet protectors under the wheels once it was in it's new spot.

Overall I found the staff, including the receptionist, friendly, efficient and very helpful. The service was affordable, painless and comprehensive. If I ever have to move house again I will be calling Ashtons first. Absolute legends, thank you.

Moving experts

I have moved a complete 3 bedroom house with htese guys and cannot recommend them more highly. The expertise they brought on the day and the expereince was just what I was looking for. Helpful, very friendly and absolute lovely guys. The way they handle all the products was just what i expected. I couldn´t have chosen better.

Disappointing and not very helpful

We moved from Carrara to Hope Island and although the removalists were pleasant enough, they were not very helpful. They arrived on time, took 2 hours to load the van but surprisingly took over 4 hours to unload, due to numerous breaks! In all our previous moving experiences it has always taken longer to load than unload.

We asked if they would help my wife and I assemble our 6 foot bed and were told quite bluntly that if Ashtons didn't dismantle the unit then they can't reassemble. My wife has arthritis in her hands, we are in our mid 60's and the bed requires at least 2 people to assemble. The 6ft mattress is very heavy and cumbersome. Needless to say, we were not impressed and this is the first time in 20 moves that we did not provide a tip.

We will not be using Ashtons again in the future and would not recommend their service. Very disappointing all round.

Hi Steve We were very disappointed to read that you were unhappy with the service we provided during your recent local removal. Ashtons Removals strives to provide the most professional removal service on the Gold Coast, so we welcome your feedback and will aim to provide a better service to our clients moving forward. In response to your review, I can confirm that the reason unloading took longer than loading was because we moved you from a house into a third-floor apartment. I also note that the removal team carried all your items up two flights of stairs before gaining access to the lift, and that we were unable to have sole use of the lift. This access resulted in the delivery taking much longer than it would have, if we had been moving your goods into a house. I can confirm we quoted you a fixed price for your removal, so you were not charged any extra for the breaks the removal team took, or the extra time it took them to place all of your goods into your apartment. In regard to the reassembly of your bed, our notes from the inspection and confirmation email indicate that you were going to dismantle and reassemble items yourself. Please note that when we don't dismantle an item, the process of reassembling it becomes more complicated as we aren't familiar with the item, and this is why, in general, we don't reassemble something we haven't dismantled. We understand from your review that there were health issues which meant the reassembly of the bed was extremely difficult for you both and we apologise for not assisting. I will ensure that the entire removal team is spoken to about being more lenient about this policy moving forward. It certainly was not our intention to cause you any additional stress during your recent removal, so please accept our sincere apologies for this. Please feel free to call me on 5527 9700 if you'd like to discuss this further. Kind regards, Mrs AJ Bigham General Manager Ashtons RemovalsWe are very disappointed with your response concerning the 2 main issues raised and refute the points made about the delivery and access for the following reasons: 1. Your Assessor at the time of quoting for the removal said she was familiar with the development that we were moving to and the crew knew all about the access to the property as they had delivered to the apartments before. They were familiar with the access from the road and the provisions for the lift access, so the excuses the crew have given as to why the unloading took longer than the uploading are laughable. 2. We moved from a 3 bed townhouse where most of the heavy furniture and all of the packed boxes were upstairs. In order to load the van they had to carry the items down a dog-leg staircase that consisted of 17 steps. The apartment we moved into was on the 3rd floor and to access the lift they had two small flights of steps - one consisting of 5 steps and the other 3 steps. The second flight of steps had a ramp for disabled access so they could easily bypass the second set of steps altogether. Finally, they were given a set of lift keys by the BC manager to lock the lift for their exclusive use - so there is no excuse as to why it took twice as long to unload the van as it did to upload. In actuality, the unload should have been less strenuous than the upload. We believe they may have prolonged the time it took to unload as the men told us they were paid by the hour. It made no difference to our cost as we were quoted a fixed price. 3. When we asked if they could give us a hand with the bed, they refused and we were informed that it was company policy not to help with constructing the bed if it had not been deconstructed. I was quite happy to assemble the bed myself but would have appreciated a helping hand with the mattress as it was heavy for my wife. It would have only taken 5 minutes for someone to assist while I screwed the bolts together and they had given us a helping hand with the heavy mattress. In 20 moves this is the first time we have ever taken issue with the removal of our goods as most Removal crews are happy to help and make the process easier for the client and often go the extra mile if necessary. Sadly, Ashtons removals service fell well below our expectations.

Nothing was too much ch trouble!

I had some large furniture pieces I was moving form Nerang to Kingscliff. Coming up from Sydney to clear out my mothers house time was at a premium.
The booking was handled in a friendly and efficient way, accommodating my needs and timing with a can do approach. The guys arrived on time at 7.15am and we were packed and on the road within an hour. At the other end furniture had to be relocated to accommodate the delivery. By about 10am the job was done. The guys were helpful, friendly, polite careful with my things and nothing was too much trouble. I can't thank them enough for their help!! Great work and I would definitely recommend Ashton's if you are looking for help moving.

ABSOLUTELY 5 STAR SERVICE

From the office staff who kept in touch prior to moving day, through to the movers & shakers, our relocation was professional and seamless. We opted to have all the wrapping and packing done, plus a week in storage between properties, and everything arrived in the same condition it was collected. The men on the truck couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful in what is such a tough job ... they are credit to the company. For a trouble free move, I do not think Ashtons can be beaten.

House Move

I recently had Ashton's move my three bedroom house from Brisbane to the Gold Coast.

I found them very efficient and the workers really friendly.

I would recommend their service for others.

Great peace of mind!

From my initial phone call to inquire about moving an antique grand piano, the service was great. Information was emailed promptly and on the day the piano arrived, the boys took plenty of time and care, with our precious cargo. All were friendly and professional from start to finish. Very happy.