Ashtons Removals

Ashtons Removals

Be aware of those hidden cost

1. States in contract but wasn't highlighted by sales that free delivery from where depot is to where you are in which case I was charged additional.
2. Bought delivery insurance but that not valid for 60 days which means if your stuff n storage then final delivery from depot to your home want be covered! Very tricky
3. Customer service was great when they try to sell and becomes nightmare when it comes to delivery. And they don't believe you will move again hence why they don't care!

Don't think I'd recommend this company to anyone!

Hidden cost, bad services

Disappointing and not very helpful

We moved from Carrara to Hope Island and although the removalists were pleasant enough, they were not very helpful. They arrived on time, took 2 hours to load the van but surprisingly took over 4 hours to unload, due to numerous breaks! In all our previous moving experiences it has always taken longer to load than unload.

We asked if they would help my wife and I assemble our 6 foot bed and were told quite bluntly that if Ashtons didn't dismantle the unit then they can't reassemble. My wife has arthritis in her hands, we are in our mid 60's and the bed requires at least 2 people to assemble. The 6ft mattress is very heavy and cumbersome. Needless to say, we were not impressed and this is the first time in 20 moves that we did not provide a tip.

We will not be using Ashtons again in the future and would not recommend their service. Very disappointing all round.

Hi Steve We were very disappointed to read that you were unhappy with the service we provided during your recent local removal. Ashtons Removals strives to provide the most professional removal service on the Gold Coast, so we welcome your feedback and will aim to provide a better service to our clients moving forward. In response to your review, I can confirm that the reason unloading took longer than loading was because we moved you from a house into a third-floor apartment. I also note that the removal team carried all your items up two flights of stairs before gaining access to the lift, and that we were unable to have sole use of the lift. This access resulted in the delivery taking much longer than it would have, if we had been moving your goods into a house. I can confirm we quoted you a fixed price for your removal, so you were not charged any extra for the breaks the removal team took, or the extra time it took them to place all of your goods into your apartment. In regard to the reassembly of your bed, our notes from the inspection and confirmation email indicate that you were going to dismantle and reassemble items yourself. Please note that when we don't dismantle an item, the process of reassembling it becomes more complicated as we aren't familiar with the item, and this is why, in general, we don't reassemble something we haven't dismantled. We understand from your review that there were health issues which meant the reassembly of the bed was extremely difficult for you both and we apologise for not assisting. I will ensure that the entire removal team is spoken to about being more lenient about this policy moving forward. It certainly was not our intention to cause you any additional stress during your recent removal, so please accept our sincere apologies for this. Please feel free to call me on 5527 9700 if you'd like to discuss this further. Kind regards, Mrs AJ Bigham General Manager Ashtons RemovalsWe are very disappointed with your response concerning the 2 main issues raised and refute the points made about the delivery and access for the following reasons: 1. Your Assessor at the time of quoting for the removal said she was familiar with the development that we were moving to and the crew knew all about the access to the property as they had delivered to the apartments before. They were familiar with the access from the road and the provisions for the lift access, so the excuses the crew have given as to why the unloading took longer than the uploading are laughable. 2. We moved from a 3 bed townhouse where most of the heavy furniture and all of the packed boxes were upstairs. In order to load the van they had to carry the items down a dog-leg staircase that consisted of 17 steps. The apartment we moved into was on the 3rd floor and to access the lift they had two small flights of steps - one consisting of 5 steps and the other 3 steps. The second flight of steps had a ramp for disabled access so they could easily bypass the second set of steps altogether. Finally, they were given a set of lift keys by the BC manager to lock the lift for their exclusive use - so there is no excuse as to why it took twice as long to unload the van as it did to upload. In actuality, the unload should have been less strenuous than the upload. We believe they may have prolonged the time it took to unload as the men told us they were paid by the hour. It made no difference to our cost as we were quoted a fixed price. 3. When we asked if they could give us a hand with the bed, they refused and we were informed that it was company policy not to help with constructing the bed if it had not been deconstructed. I was quite happy to assemble the bed myself but would have appreciated a helping hand with the mattress as it was heavy for my wife. It would have only taken 5 minutes for someone to assist while I screwed the bolts together and they had given us a helping hand with the heavy mattress. In 20 moves this is the first time we have ever taken issue with the removal of our goods as most Removal crews are happy to help and make the process easier for the client and often go the extra mile if necessary. Sadly, Ashtons removals service fell well below our expectations.

Fantastic.

They were brilliant. As this was a third party removal of a small load, Ashtons staff were tireless in their efforts to make sure this all worked well for all the parties involved. I was so impressed with the dedication of their staff especially Bindy, but everyone did a great job from start to finish. Thank you.

The move was trouble free

The move was from a 4 bedroom house to storage for 3 weeks then into our new 3 bedroom house. All the guys were helpful and nothing too hard for them.

Good Service, pleasant people

Small move, a few antiques that had been damaged by the previous move and had to be taken to the company that would repair them and then returned to me upon having been fixed. The guys turned up on time. There were 3 of them, one doing the paper work while the other two moved the antiques. On the way out, one of the gentlemen had no understanding of what he was dealing with as I had to tell him to wait for me to help with the antiques. The other gentleman, who was part of the return trip, was more caring and pleasant.
The return move was costly I thought, but at least the antiques were handled with care.

Professional

I followed the recommended advice and chose Ashtons Removals to cater my needs. From the initial assessment and quote to the eventual uplift of my 2 bedroom apartment (which felt more like 10 bedrooms and 6 living areas), Ashtons' team were prompt, efficient and professional. The only thing to be said is that I will be using them again should the need arise again in the future.

Very Good Removalist.

We moved the equivalent of four bedrooms plus a garage full of stuff from Gold Coast Qld to Northern Rivers NSW approx 150 kms. We did our own packing of every thing that would fit into boxes, The removal team were on time and efficient in their loading and unloading of every thing. Two mirror backed display cabinets with glass sides and doors arrived intact with no breakages and all the furniture except a large day-bed was carried up stairs and through a tight entrance doorway into the house, amazing! Can't fault their work except that while the fridge was being moved out of the kitchen the vinyl floor covering was slightly damaged ie torn/abraded. No one wants to see damage done while moving out of a home that has been sold to a new owner, a little more care with trolley technique may be required. Otherwise every thing went very well, every one was courteous and polite and I would be happy to recommend Ashtons to any one.

Very Professional with one slight problem

I am very happy with the staff and service at the pick-up end. The office staff were very attentive and helpful. The removalists guys were also very nice, happy and efficient. Just one hiccup - on the day of delivery the truck arrived without my goods and another delivery date had to be programmed which is very inconvenient. I have used Ashtons a few times in the past and this has not happened before, so hopefully it will not happen again. I would still recommend them.

Overall great service just a couple of negative points.

My only negative was I had to have the Consultant out twice as wasn't convinced the first quote was accurate enough. Second time was closer to my expectations, but even though I had culled a huge amount from my home after these quotations, I still had to purchase additional boxes from elsewhere for packing (and my boxes were packed very tightly). Also the quote did not include the cost of the boxes, these had to be paid for in addition to the quote. When someone gives me a quote I expect ALL costs to be included and no additional costs required. This was a disappointment to me. Staff were very friendly and helpful when I needed answers to questions.
The truck packers were excellent on the removal and again on the delivery...great job boys.

No problem

My move was made so easy by the helpfull staff before,during,and after.Would not hesitate recommending Ashton's to anyone.All were bright and happy staff members.

Very Professional Job

The staff were very obliging and work efficiently and diligently to complete our move. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Ashton's to anyone wanting to move.

Moving House on the Gold Coast

I used Ashtons on the Gold Coast as my removalist, they were very professional and understanding. They came to the house the day before the move and packed the boxes for me. The next day the truck arrived on time and was loaded efficiently by very polite, careful and nice guys. Such hard workers - the furniture and boxes were unloaded into my new house on time. They arranged for unpackers to come the next day, what a blessing they were. Great job Ashtons, I would highly recommend them & everyone I dealt with, they were fabulous. Would use them again.

Repeat Customer Moving House

Ashtons have moved us 4 times now and their service has not faulted. 3 & 4 bedroom moves, first was a long distance and last 3 short distance. From the office arrangements to the boys on the trucks, the move was on time and the physical move went smoothly, the cost was also reasonable.
We have complete confidence in Ashtons that's why we have continued to use them for our moving houses and will again when next we relocate.

Saved the day

My husband and I were coming up from Sydney to move my mother from one place to the other on the Gold Coast. A few days before my husband injured himself and couldn't help. Ashtons had previously been recommended to me by a friend so I rang and asked if they could help out at short notice. They were great, turned up on time, fast service, friendly guys and it made our day so much easier.

Moving house

Great service from beginning to end. Everyone was very helpful. I moved from a 4 bedroom house to a 3 bedroom home a few kms away. The boys arrived on time, they were very polite, considerate and careful. My furniture was stored in van overnight and delivered promptly the next morning. Again the boys were very professional, cheerful, funny and extremely careful. Would recommend to anyone.

The best removalists we have ever used in about a dozen moves over almost 50 years!

Ashtons Removals on the Gold Coast is the most professional, caring & competent Removalist firm we have ever encountered!
Our removal was for a 'downsizing' from a large freestanding home at Broadbeach Waters to new ( but much smaller) apartment at Broadbeach. However our furniture & belongings had to be stored for a few days (or more); pending settlement for our unit.
From the initial visit to our home by their consultant, some weeks prior to the planned pickup date; to give a written quotation of costs involved, amount of removal cartons required (35) & advise method of temporary storage: "podding" (small containers), & # of men required for move. The next step involved setting up the actual pickup date & time for their specialist 'pod loader' truck to be available. Once these dates/times for loading & unloading were confirmed, the cartons (35) for packing were delivered a week before pickup date. On the pickup day, the Removalist truck arrived at the time due (7:30am) & the 3 sealable "pods" on truck were loaded in the allocated time (4 hours). Prior to commencing loading the removalists listed & numbered all cartons, tubs & individual pieces of furniture & gave us a computer list of same for our records! The few days temporary storage 'dragged out' to 5 weeks because of settlement delays with our apartment but this was not a problems for Ashtons as we kept them 'in the loop'. On the day of delivery Ashtons had an allocated 'delivery window' of 7:00am to 11:00am for use of furniture lift in our Apartment building. Removal truck arrived on time (@7:00am!) accompanied by a small utility which was then used to 'shuttle' our items from the 'pods' on the truck to the basement lift loading dock. All our furniture was arranged as we required within the unit & the job completed & signed off at 10:30am!
We have never before experienced such a professional, caring & punctual treatment from a Removalist as we had received this time from Ashtons Removals & of recommending them as: "The best Removalists on the Gold Coast!"

P.S. Some 2 weeks later after unpacking, they even picked up the (30+) empty removal cartons "for free!"

Moving stress free

We had a four bedroom home including all outdoor furniture, statues and plants moved. We moved Elanora to Tweed Heads South. The guys were right on time 7:30 am and and move incredibly fast and had us in our new home early in the afternoon . The men were fantastic, good humoured and very polite, they couldn't do enough for us. We would definitely recommend Ashton's to anyone looking for a incredibly professional removal company. Words can't explain how happy we were.

Ashtons Removals Top Removal Company

We used Ashtons on the Gold Coast to pack and do a house furniture removal recently. Erica was very professional and understanding. For the actual packing and moving what a great bunch of guys we had. Such hard workers, thoughtful, careful and nice guys. Great job Ashtons. Would highly recommend them, & everyone I dealt with they were fabulous. Would use them again.

Seamless and safe removals and storage

Both large and small moves involved. Each occasion excellent. Staff are helpful, extremely obliging in dealing with furniture and possessions are moved and stored with meticulous care.

Good job well done

We needed to move a theatre organ onto a new platform on the stage in our hall.
The job was handled efficiently and professionally, and in the time frame planned.