Asko D5424

See the Best Built-in Dishwashers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Internal Layout

Robert

RobertCoburg

Rotten lemon

Date PurchasedAug 2017

David

DavidSouthwest, VIC

Good looking and easy to use.

Always cleans well, we mainly use the economic cycle and it has never let us down. The machine is relatively quiet and runs the cycle at a reasonable speed. I particularly like the quality of the racks. They don't rattle as some dishwashers do. This was pointed out to me by the salesman that recommended my first Asko dishwasher. So when the time came to replace it I noticed the difference with the quality of racks in other brands.

Date PurchasedMay 2013
tropicmerc

tropicmercRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Heaven, I'm in Heaven ...

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Sinny7

Sinny7perth

Expensive lemon

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Lilaclue

LilaclueEnfield

I love my Asko!

After buying the Asko Front Loader Washing Machine and being over the moon with it, I decided to buy their dishwasher. I know there are cheaper versions on the market but wanted to stick with the brand that gave me good service. I am not disappointed. It is so quiet that I have to check that it is on and at the end, so nice to find everything clean and sparkling. If I wanted to whinge it would be about the mugs that hold a little water in their upturned base and the plastics that don't dry entirely. However, these are minor things that occur with other washers and so don't worry me at all. Love Asko and hopefully, will be with me for years to come.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

anzacbiscuit

anzacbiscuitGold Coast

Buyer remorse.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Clare

ClareSydney

Blocked up

We had our machine less than 12 months when a blockage in a pipe occurred. I tried to fix this myself but couldn't. Called Asko out and they advised it was a seed that had somehow got through the filter and blocked the pipe. Cost $100 to repair and the technician said the only way to guarantee it didn't happen again was to wash dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. That completely undermines the point of having a dishwasher - particularly one of the most expensive ones which claims 'no rinsing required'. When I complained to Asko the customer service was very rude and offered no solution. Will never buy this brand again.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Asko brand. Never again

I expect better longevity for the price. I also had problem with asko oven, element and fan replaced and asko microwave oven fuse replaced, total cost $490, not happy. Won't buy asks again even discounted 90%. All appliances both same date. Gas cooktop.. No problem yet.
Cheaper brands have better lifespan. At least you can throw it away if got broken.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
KarenH

KarenHIpswich

Didn't last 5 years - not worth the extra $

Bought this machine 4 years ago, and have had one service call under warranty. The machine cleaned the dishes well and was fairly quiet. It stopped working after 4 years of use - the display wouldn't show and it made a pumping sound when the door was closed. Rang Asko and was told it was probably the central processing unit and would cost over $400 to fix. Considering it cost me more than twice the cost of my last dishwasher that lasted 8 years, it certainly wasn't value for money. Going back to a Becko for less than $500!

Date PurchasedAug 2012
mika4795

mika4795Sydney, Australia

Wow!

I have been using this machine since past 10 years! Hugh room for dishes n cutlery
Each time its a sparkle clean
It cnt get any better then this! Very streardy machine
One of the finest products available in market with competitive price, no regrets at all in buying this

Date PurchasedJan 2007

Sam

SamMelbourne

Cleans dishes better than I can

When our last Asko dishwasher died after 6 or so years (electrical issue), we bought this as a replacement. Works great, is simple and easy to use and is relatively quiet when in operation. The regular wash feature is all I've needed to use, though there are many other options available. It wont dry your dishes as it doesn't have an inbuilt fan, but if you're a patient person willing to let evaporation work its magic or don't mind using a tea towel for its intended purpose, this shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Tracy Sowry

Tracy SowryCanberra

Best Of The Best

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Billy

Billy

Perfect!

The Asko dishwashing machine not only looks great but cleans everything great. I have never used such an effective dishwasher, and it is so quiet. We have now had this for 4 or 5 years and it is still running great and doesn't look like showing any sign of wear and tear.

Date PurchasedSep 2012

Harriet

HarrietCanberra

DIed after four weeks; endless hassle, hate it.

I bought an Asko because I thought that spending the extra money would mean a good quality, reliable dishwasher. Boy, was I wrong. The dishwasher worked fine for four weeks, then refused to pump out dirty water. I had technicians around four times (washing up by hand for WEEKS in the mean time), each time it was "fixed" it would work for a little while, then the same thing happened. I finally gave up, contacted Asko and demanded a replacement, which took A MONTH to get here. Now, just two months on, the same thing has happened with the new machine. I am so sick of living with this piece of junk and am bitterly regretting buying it. I will not buy another Asko appliance.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
GeeVee

GeeVeeSydney

Sold on the brand quality, but it's a dog

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Pat

PatPerth, WA

Perfect.

A dishwasher is useless,unless it does it'd job properly.And this one does,everything comes out sparkling clean.
It's good to look at,runs very quietly,and uses minimum water.And is fast on ordinary dishes,big longer for pots and pans.
All in all I'm a very satisfied customer,and would recommend this appliance to everyone.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Suzi L

Suzi Lfrankston

Best dishwasher ever

This dishwasher has a huge capacity for dishes with the bottom tray able to fold down to accomodate large pots. The touch control dial is simple to use and has a variety of programs such as rinse and hold up to a 3 hour pot wash. I have had three Asko dishwashers in the past and all of them have been fairly quiet with no maintenance issues. Even the dirtiest of dishes usually come out sparkling clean and we never rinse dishes just scrape the food off and pop them in for a cycle. My favourite feature is the fact that it can handle a lot of dishes and large pots with its fold down tray at the bottom. Would recommend Asko's to anyone who is looking to buy a new dishwasher that lasts and does a terrific job of cleaning your dishes.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Suet

SuetLaharum

Great Dishwasher - real quality

Low water usage, easy to load/unload, quality sprayer steel arms (not plastic); cleans dishes well and dries okay as long as you open the door when the cycle finishes, otherwise water recondenses on the dishes. It runs quietly, this one is even quieter than the previous one we had - hardly know it's on unless the water is draining out or filling; the actual operation is so quiet. Reliable - I'd only buy Asko - this is my 3rd in almost 30 years

Date PurchasedMar 2017

hardimon

hardimonrye park

perfect - can fit an huge amout of stuff in it - washes well - like every dishwasher you need to do

It looks great in my kitchen and works exactly the way it should - I even put saucepans on the top rack if the only have vegetables cooked in them - the bottom rack cleans even backed on crud - it is easy to keep clean and nice smelling - I would recommend it to everyone

Date PurchasedApr 2015