See the Best Built-in Dishwashers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Deborah M

Deborah MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Overall very happy - just a couple of little things

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Jewels

JewelsSunshine Coast

ALWAYS A SPARKLING CLEAN FINISH

I have used ASKO dishwashers for approximately the last ten years, we have just finished building and I insisted that we have the XXL Stainless Steel ASKO Dishwasher installed. The machine is quiet, efficient, good looking and fabulous. I would recommend ASKO to anyone looking for quality kitchen fittings that will give you peace of mind.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Pilot55

Pilot55melbourne

Top Marks To Asko

This really is a better than average dishwasher, we are very happy with it.
After putting up with various different dishwashers of varying qualities over the years it is very nice to finally have one that ticks all the boxes.
Quiet,efficient, cleans well. There isn't much more you can ask for is there? Oh I forgot it also looks extremely smart in the kitchen.
Its rare to have absolutely no complaint but that is the case with this. Excellent dishwasher.

Phil

PhilAdelaide

A quality machine

We now have two of these machine one in our house and now one in our holiday home, we have been so impressed by both units. A great range of settings, very quiet. Only tip is not to put cups near detergent dispenser as this can stop the jets dispersing it.

Max C

Max CPerth

Very quiet machine

Cleans very well and runs super quiet. I normally use the Eco mode and find that it cleans sufficiently, it can handle cleaning stuck/burnt cheese from oven dishes. Looks very modern from the outside and fits in well with my newly renovated kitchen. Been very happy with it so far.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

iReview

iReviewPerth

The days of doing dishes are long gone

Nice stainless steel finish. Came with bonus Quantum Dishwashing Tablets. Multiple modes with varying times for different loads. Also has a Turbo Drying Feature. Perfect size for a family of three. It gets used once every two days or so. Also has a 6 min rinse feature for in between days when you want to just give it a quick spritz if you are worried about the food on the plates drying out. I always give mine a quick rinse in the sink before placing it inside.

tommy

tommyBrisbane

Cleans well

It takes a while to finish a cycle of around 1 and a half hours but the dishes have always come out clean. There are plenty of wash options for all situations from quick wash, normal wash and heavy wash and can also choose the water temperature for each option. It seems to be very water efficient also.

Asma

AsmaBankstown

Can’t live without it

Asko dishwasher is the best invention ever never had problems with it cleans the dishes all the time no need to do anything by hand the only thing that I would love if it was free standing because I don’t have room in my kitchen to put it I have it in the dining area

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Krunal Patel

Krunal PatelMelbourne

This is most important appliance of our home.

Dose very tidy job clean like commercial dishwasher. Efficient on water usage. Very quite More than enough cycles to choose, I personally like ECO mode. I would purchase again. The only issue is it does take so long to go through a wash cycle. I would give it 5 stars.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Very quiet but has issues

Great machine. So quiet to run and very efficient. A lot of wash cycles to choose from including and ECO mode. I would purchase again. The only issue is it does take so long to go through a wash cycle. Even the ECo mode is a long cycle. If they had a short cycle I would give it 5 stars.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Catherine

Catherine

good product

It does a good clean job. The dishes, plates, woks, cultery are cleaned thoroughly. It takes quite a long time, approx forty minutes. It seems used a lot of water. I am not sure about energy efficiency. We use once in two days. For first day with fewer dishes, we use prewash function to rinse it.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Lisa

LisaMandurah

So Pleased - Brilliant machine

WOW - so quiet and great features like child lock and so many wash cycles to choose from. I am really happy with this machine - it is worth every cent. The shelves slide out so smoothly too, and the large knife area keeps my sharp knives in place during the cycle.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

SP Brisbane

SP BrisbaneBrisbane

Excellent Dishwasher

I have moved quite a bit and had the good fortune to own several ASKO dishwashers over the years, I have consistently found them to be excellent. The house I now own had a kleenmaid dishwasher which never washed as well as I would have liked and I was willing it to break down, which it did in 2017 so i replaced it with an ASKO. The things that i like about ASKO and this model is that it washes everything exceptionally well AND it drys everything properly. Some dishwashers never dry glasses or plastic items such as Tupperware properly, ASKO knows how to do it well and it works every time. I also like the layout of the inside and little things like the knife drawer. This is a great model and I am very pleased i have it

Date PurchasedMay 2017

AlBris

AlBrisBrisbane

Superb Dishwasher

Date PurchasedNov 2017
heather

heatherSouth East Queensland, QLD

sleek white and smart

we have tank water, and it is pumped into the house. Our old dishlex never washed dishes properly. When it died we found out through Harvey Norman that only ASK is suited to running on tank water that has to be pumped.
Asko delivered and installed the dishwasher, and we are really please with the results. Dishes are clean and dry. machine is simple to use. ( although the child-lock sometimes tricks us adults).
My only gripe is that we are limited to using only Finish or Fairy tablets, as the cheaper ones dont work. but that may eb because of our water, not the dishwasher

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Waz

WazMelbourne

Purchased from The Good Guys.
Order goes through to ASKO who arrange delivery day & time with you - ie: stock not on site at The Good Guys.
Fantastic product.
Cleans really well, super quiet.
The 6 min rinse cycle is handy.
Recommend you spend the extra cost to have this installed by ASKO - takes about 20-30mins to install.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Silverback

SilverbackSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't be fooled by the salesman.

This is very good dishwasher that washes very well. It have very good parts and appears to a quality made product. However the drying function on the more expensive model is a joke. Constantly having to dry plastics, cups and Tupperware from the top shelf. This was the main feature the salesman said would completely dry everything. No more have to leave the door open to get rid of condensation. Don't waste your money on the more expensive model. I would not recommend this machine. It just not worth the money.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Em W

Em Wsydney

Completely hopeless customer service, don't buy unless you can fix it yourself.

1. The call-back service does not work so you will be on hold forever.
2. The dishwasher works really well provided that you wash your dishes before putting them in- no joke.
3. The service man fixed the door so tightly that it requires 2 people to hold the door open before loading the dishes. We are told that even though it was their service man who damaged the door, the machine is now out of service so we have to pay to fix it…??
4. You will be told that someone will call you back, but it won't happen. Ever. So you call again, and hold on forever again….

Overall a useless and disappointing product and service.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Rubbish

Purchased in may. Rang asko complaining it didn't work. Staff not helpful. Told they would send someone out. Waited 4 weeks rang again to be told the person they hired doesn't work for them anymore. In September dishwasher returned. Told this model doesn't like solar panels.
So much for the environment. Dishwasher still not doing good job. Would advise do not buy this model.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Frustrated

Frustrated

ASKO dishwasher

I bought this dishwasher because the man at the Good Guys said it was amazing. Its amazingly expensive but not an amazing dishwasher. I have to get the ASKO people back 3 times to get it working properly and it works ok no better than the $600 Bosch I had even though the ASKO was $1600. It leaves food scraps on the oven dish and sometimes the knives and forks no matter the setting. Disappointing really thought it was going to be mind boggling good but unfortunately not.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

frosty

frostyasked

Have just purchased this machine and noticed that there is a significant amount of steam coming out of the vent at the bottom left of the door, is this normal?

Kuuko

Kuukoasked

D5436WH (White)

Hi. I purchased the this dishwasher in 2016.
It was working fine u text you later recently until it showed the F11 error code.

I cleaned the filter, emptied any excess water and pulled then yellow plastic thing and placed it right back in.

I turned on, and it worked.

A few days later, F11 showed again.
Did the same process but this time, the cycle would start, but stop half way through with F11.

I followed the same process.

I waited about 1 week and turned it on again, and same thing.

It seems that the water is not pumping up.

It’s so frustrating as it’s only been 3 years since the purchase and we are out of warranty.

Is there anything else we can do before spending money on the plumber?

Thanks.

Cath T

Cath Tasked

D5436SS (Stainless Steel)

Good morning, I went to clean the fine filter this morning and there was water sitting in the tub under it. Can you please advise what I should do? It is about 4 mths old.

Mr Squiggle
Mr Squiggle

Hi Cath,
I cant see if you had a repy to this.
It is great to hear you are taking care of your investment. Water in the sump is quite normal. All brands of dishwasher will have water left under the filter grate after the final rinse. So dont worry about it.
If you are wondering how I can be so sure of this. I have been an account manager for Asko, Miele and F&P. I have worked in appliance retail for nearly 20 years.

I hope this reassures you.

Get an answer from our members and Asko representatives

Asko D5436SS (Stainless Steel)

Asko D5436SS (Stainless Steel)

3.8
Asko D5436WH (White)

Asko D5436WH (White)

Asko D5436SSXXL (XXL Stainless Steel)

Asko D5436SSXXL (XXL Stainless Steel)

3.3
Asko D5436XLS
  • Discontinued

Asko D5436XLS

3.0
CategoryBuilt-in DishwashersBuilt-in DishwashersBuilt-in DishwashersBuilt-in Dishwashers
Price (RRP) $1,699$1,499$1,799
FeaturesCutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks and Height-Adjustable Upper RackCutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks and Height-Adjustable Upper RackCutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks and Height-Adjustable Upper RackCutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks and Height-Adjustable Upper Rack
Number of Place Settings 14141414
Water Rating4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)
Water Consumption12.7 L/wash12.7 L/wash12.7 L/wash12.7 L/wash
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Energy Consumption275 kWh per year275 kWh per year275 kWh per year275 kWh per year
Control Panel Position FrontFrontFrontFront
Maximum Noise Level46 db46 db46 db46 db
Number of Programs6666
Colour / Finish Stainless SteelWhiteStainless Steel
Dimensions 820 x 596 x 559 mm820 x 596 x 559 mm860 x 596 x 559 mm
Height Adjustment 52 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)