A quality machine

We now have two of these machine one in our house and now one in our holiday home, we have been so impressed by both units. A great range of settings, very quiet. Only tip is not to put cups near detergent dispenser as this can stop the jets dispersing it.

Very quiet machine

Cleans very well and runs super quiet. I normally use the Eco mode and find that it cleans sufficiently, it can handle cleaning stuck/burnt cheese from oven dishes. Looks very modern from the outside and fits in well with my newly renovated kitchen. Been very happy with it so far.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

The days of doing dishes are long gone

Nice stainless steel finish. Came with bonus Quantum Dishwashing Tablets. Multiple modes with varying times for different loads. Also has a Turbo Drying Feature. Perfect size for a family of three. It gets used once every two days or so. Also has a 6 min rinse feature for in between days when you want to just give it a quick spritz if you are worried about the food on the plates drying out. I always give mine a quick rinse in the sink before placing it inside.

Cleans well

It takes a while to finish a cycle of around 1 and a half hours but the dishes have always come out clean. There are plenty of wash options for all situations from quick wash, normal wash and heavy wash and can also choose the water temperature for each option. It seems to be very water efficient also.

Can’t live without it

Asko dishwasher is the best invention ever never had problems with it cleans the dishes all the time no need to do anything by hand the only thing that I would love if it was free standing because I don’t have room in my kitchen to put it I have it in the dining area

Date PurchasedApr 2017

This is most important appliance of our home.

Dose very tidy job clean like commercial dishwasher. Efficient on water usage. Very quite More than enough cycles to choose, I personally like ECO mode. I would purchase again. The only issue is it does take so long to go through a wash cycle. I would give it 5 stars.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Very quiet but has issues

Great machine. So quiet to run and very efficient. A lot of wash cycles to choose from including and ECO mode. I would purchase again. The only issue is it does take so long to go through a wash cycle. Even the ECo mode is a long cycle. If they had a short cycle I would give it 5 stars.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

good product

It does a good clean job. The dishes, plates, woks, cultery are cleaned thoroughly. It takes quite a long time, approx forty minutes. It seems used a lot of water. I am not sure about energy efficiency. We use once in two days. For first day with fewer dishes, we use prewash function to rinse it.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

So Pleased - Brilliant machine

WOW - so quiet and great features like child lock and so many wash cycles to choose from. I am really happy with this machine - it is worth every cent. The shelves slide out so smoothly too, and the large knife area keeps my sharp knives in place during the cycle.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Excellent Dishwasher

I have moved quite a bit and had the good fortune to own several ASKO dishwashers over the years, I have consistently found them to be excellent. The house I now own had a kleenmaid dishwasher which never washed as well as I would have liked and I was willing it to break down, which it did in 2017 so i replaced it with an ASKO. The things that i like about ASKO and this model is that it washes everything exceptionally well AND it drys everything properly. Some dishwashers never dry glasses or plastic items such as Tupperware properly, ASKO knows how to do it well and it works every time. I also like the layout of the inside and little things like the knife drawer. This is a great model and I am very pleased i have it

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Superb Dishwasher

This is a superb dishwasher - very quiet, effective, thorough, and unobtrusive in design and performance. It has fewer bells and whistles, but doesn't require as much cleaning of the filters and sprayers as the Bosch we previously owned. All delivery and installation and call out service is done by ASKO, not a generic service. This is important because we had some minor set up issues. The dreaded F14 error message came up, after troubleshooting the drainage and checking installation, ASKO decided to replace the machine with a new one. ASKO was instantly responsive, helpful on-site and phone assistance, with the error persisting, decided to replace the machine within 1 working day. So no horror stories here, quite the opposite: problem solved.

This machine is a workhorse, we run it every day. For regular loads, the glasses cycle (short, under 30 mins) does it all and has become our fast/regular wash cycle. It requires no fancy programming but a couple of button clicks to get it going. This seems to be its design strength: it's unobstrusiveness. It has far fewer lights and bells and LEDs than the others on the market, and the single sheet stainless steel front is clean and transparent.

We've owned Miele, Dishlex and Bosch - this one is the one. It does the job perfectly. Highly recommend the machine, the brand, and the local service team.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

sleek white and smart

we have tank water, and it is pumped into the house. Our old dishlex never washed dishes properly. When it died we found out through Harvey Norman that only ASK is suited to running on tank water that has to be pumped.
Asko delivered and installed the dishwasher, and we are really please with the results. Dishes are clean and dry. machine is simple to use. ( although the child-lock sometimes tricks us adults).
My only gripe is that we are limited to using only Finish or Fairy tablets, as the cheaper ones dont work. but that may eb because of our water, not the dishwasher

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Purchased from The Good Guys.
Order goes through to ASKO who arrange delivery day & time with you - ie: stock not on site at The Good Guys.
Fantastic product.
Cleans really well, super quiet.
The 6 min rinse cycle is handy.
Recommend you spend the extra cost to have this installed by ASKO - takes about 20-30mins to install.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Don't be fooled by the salesman.

This is very good dishwasher that washes very well. It have very good parts and appears to a quality made product. However the drying function on the more expensive model is a joke. Constantly having to dry plastics, cups and Tupperware from the top shelf. This was the main feature the salesman said would completely dry everything. No more have to leave the door open to get rid of condensation. Don't waste your money on the more expensive model. I would not recommend this machine. It just not worth the money.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Completely hopeless customer service, don't buy unless you can fix it yourself.

1. The call-back service does not work so you will be on hold forever.
2. The dishwasher works really well provided that you wash your dishes before putting them in- no joke.
3. The service man fixed the door so tightly that it requires 2 people to hold the door open before loading the dishes. We are told that even though it was their service man who damaged the door, the machine is now out of service so we have to pay to fix it…??
4. You will be told that someone will call you back, but it won't happen. Ever. So you call again, and hold on forever again….

Overall a useless and disappointing product and service.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Rubbish

Purchased in may. Rang asko complaining it didn't work. Staff not helpful. Told they would send someone out. Waited 4 weeks rang again to be told the person they hired doesn't work for them anymore. In September dishwasher returned. Told this model doesn't like solar panels.
So much for the environment. Dishwasher still not doing good job. Would advise do not buy this model.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

ASKO dishwasher

I bought this dishwasher because the man at the Good Guys said it was amazing. Its amazingly expensive but not an amazing dishwasher. I have to get the ASKO people back 3 times to get it working properly and it works ok no better than the $600 Bosch I had even though the ASKO was $1600. It leaves food scraps on the oven dish and sometimes the knives and forks no matter the setting. Disappointing really thought it was going to be mind boggling good but unfortunately not.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Our dishwasher is perfect

When looking for a new dishwasher last year I couldn't go past replacing ours with anything but an updated model of what we had been using for the previous 8 + years. It had run every day without trouble. I'm very happy with my choice. It's very quiet, leaves everything perfectly clean and looks smart in the kitchen with its no fuss controls. Love it.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Fantastic (apart from payinpressing start)

Fantastic dishwasher. It's pretty quite and washes the dishes really well and fits into my white kitchen really well. The only problem with this dishwasher is trying to actually press start. As it is a sensor button as opposed to an actual button I have to run my fingers over it a few times before it starts. Apart from this I have no other issues and really love it. Really recommended

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Best dishwasher I've owned and ever used.

As advised by the installation man (don't be a greenie), for my extra dirty dishes I use the hottest wash and longest drying setting (about 3 1/2 hours). But lower temps, etc still work well.
It is very quiet but there is a second spray arm in the bottom which is for washing saucepans and that makes a slight noise, but it's not a problem though This dishwasher can fit sooo much in it. The shelving is versatile. There is so much height space in the top shelf as well as the bottom shelf. There is a pull out tray under the cup/glasses shelf specifically for large flat utensils/knives. The bottom shelves can fold down so big pots fit in. I cannot recommend this dishwasher highly enough.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Good morning, I went to clean the fine filter this morning and there was water sitting in the tub under it. Can you please advise what I should do? It is about 4 mths old. Thanks

Hello Asko. I want to buy a new dishwasher. I own a D3120 and have had it 14yrs. Can you compare the difference between the D5436 and the D5456 for me please. They both seem similar in function and price. Which model is the most recent? Thank you
Don't do it. We made the same mistake. The new asko's are terrible. We just got burned on a circuit board and now they won't even repair it.

I’ve had this model for around 6 months Just now it won’t cycle properly It’s staying on rinse and will keep going for hours on the Eco and normal function I tried unplugging it but nothing seems to work Now I’m stuck with stale dirty water that won’t drain! What should I do?
I am sorry but I personally have no idea, why this is happening. Have you checked the filters at the bottom. If it's only 6 months old then it should still be under warranty and you could call a technician

D5436SS (Stainless Steel)D5436WH (White)D5436SSXXL (XXL Stainless Steel)
Price (RRP) $1699$1499$1799