Asko D5456SS / D5456WH

See the Best Built-in Dishwashers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

spendings

spendingsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wish I could rate it in the negatives

2nd one I have owned and the same problem both 6 months out of warranty. I purchased again as Asko A.K.A Crapso are slightly smaller which was a requirement for us. Now that the same problem has occurred and Asko once again refusing to cover cost we have decided to organise a cabinet maker so we can purchase a different brand. I would strongly advise against buying anything from Asko. Poor customer service and products.

Purchased in April 2017 at The Good Guys for $1,000.00.

Deb

DebSouth East Queensland, QLD

Only worked for 3 years

Purchased in January 2016 for $899.00.

Rosemary LVictoria

Never again Asko

The previous model was just the best. This one is not easy to programme. The dishes do not dry, even when the longer drying option is selected. No internal light.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,500.00.

WarrenMacArthur 2904, ACT

Still getting used to it

We have had this dishwasher for a year now and still getting used to it. The touch pad can be difficult to operate at times and not sensitive to the touch but in saying that it works excellently. Dishes come out clean every time. The short wash doesn’t dry the dishes so they need to be hand dried. Love that the cutlery tray can be moved anywhere horizontally along the tines so can fit lots of dishes and pots on the bottom tray.

Purchased in September 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,199.00.

Sascha D.

Sascha D.Sydney, NSW

Worst dishwasher I’ve ever used

I purchased this $1700 or so dishwasher from Harvey Norman this year (2019). It literally leaves speckles of grime and dirt on every plate, cup etc. I’ve tried running dishwasher cleaning solutions, pre washing everything, different tablets etc. I’ve called customer service and no one got back to me. I’m currently trying to get a refund!

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,700.00.

Happy Customer ++++

Happy Customer ++++Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Never again

Have stupidly installed 2 of these machines. The first lasted 8 years, we only fitted the second because of ease of fitting into our custom made kitchen. The second has given up after less than 5 years of very little use. Never again, expensive to purchase, expensive to repair. Will never again purchase an ASKO product.

Purchased in September 2014 at Harvey Norman for $1,599.00.

ari1972

ari1972Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great dishwasher

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,599.00.

TLGP

TLGPSouth East Queensland, QLD

Spacious dishwasher

I had never heard of Asko before I started to look for a new dishwasher. The Good Guys salesman raved about it then I went and did my own research . I wanted a cutlery shelf and dishwasher big enough for some pots and pans with dishes. Eventually I bought it...I love the cutlery drawer, the fan that dries the dishes, the number of spaying arms and position that allow lots of space for dishes. I love the solid feel of the machine and the drawers inside too. It has lots of programs to choose from and is very quiet. The good things is that it is also water and energy efficient.
So far I have no regrets.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for $1,200.00.

Trent

Trent

Expensive but you get what you pay for

We have had this machine for about 2 years and so far so good. This is a versatile dishwasher that has plenty of jets and the third tray for cutlery is brilliant. The only downfall is the touch pad looks great but is sometimes not responsive and you have to press the buttons several times before they register. Also the child lock doesn’t work. Apart from those issues this is a great dishwasher that washes the dishes very well and you can fit a lot in it

Purchased in July 2017 at The Good Guys for $1,499.00.

A Fox

A FoxFar North Queensland, QLD

Absolutely shocking product and customer service

I reported a fault in April (broken hose) and I am still waiting three months later to have it repaired. It was under warranty when I reported the problem but it is no longer. They are claiming that I am lucky to be getting a "goodwill" service! The first "gentleman" I spoke to at customer service was very rude and condescending. As I tried to describe the problem he spoke over me, man-splained and implied that I was somehow at fault. This is the second time in two years that I have had to have it repaired.

Purchased in April 2017.

KayzeeBendigo

Very good

Replaced our 12 year old BOSCH with this dishwasher. Washes dishes very well and is super quiet but have to run extra drying and water temp cycle to dry the dishes which means a cycle of 3 hours - our BOSCH did not need this. Racks are positioned well and the very top cutlery basket is great for utensils. The cutlery basket lid does not stay on and does not fit a lot of our cutlery handles so dispensed with it - working well without it! Generally happy with this dishwasher.

Purchased in May 2019.

Macka

MackaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works at night, but not during the day...

Purchased in September 2018 for $1,559.00.

It been a great unit

Unit won't start, program button work but won't turn on, tried turning system off and restacking the dishes changing the settings the system will not start. Not even a pre wash.
Has anyone had this problem before or know how to fix this.
Frustrating when it looks like it's just the start button

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Chris Rivers

Chris Riversport macquarie

Very ordinary but comparatively expensive

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Ella

EllaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Asko build a quality product

My first dishwasher, a basic, Asko built in dishwasher was in daily use for 17 years. This year it was replaced with a new stainless steel model. The new dishwasher again an Asko, has a separate cutlery tray which allows for greater storage in the lower baskets.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Cass

CassMelbourne

Great layout and thorough clean

I’m really pleased with my Asko dishwasher. It does a much more thorough job of cleaning dishes than my previous cheapie model, and takes care of stuck on patches of food. I’ve never had any experience with it getting clogged, however I do five dishes a rinse before putting them in. This dishwasher feels quite premium and is much nicer to use than a cheap one. The layout is pretty smart and fits a lot more dishes in one load than my previous dishwasher. This is actually the second time I’ve bought this model - once of my old house and now for my new house.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Caz M

Caz MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great dishwasher!

This dishwasher is great! Things come out so clean. We do make sure we clean the filter regularly though. It has heat sensitive buttons which can be a bit temperamental at time but you give them a wipe and they’re fine. It fits a lot of dishes, has a knife holder, wine stem holders, cutlery divider,

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Penny

PennyGladesville

Stiff cutlery drawer

First used June 2017 - cutlery drawer was stiff to move in and out. Bought ASKO for this cutlery feature so I wouldn’t have to lift a heavy cutlery basket, due to back surgery. We persisted using the machine, but finally organised a service call at the beginning of 2018 to rectify this problem. He readjusted the cutlery rails. However, it is still an issue and is not satisfactory. Also our control panel has an intermittent cycling and the top drawer gets stuck. Help needed!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Harrydubyaasked

When you fill the rinse aid container, approx how many wash cycles do you get before having to refill it ?

Rosemary L

I'm sorry, I've never counted. The container seems to take a lot of rinse aid. I use the dishwasher probably every second or third day (there's only two of us) and so far I've used one 500ml bottle and three quarters of a second 500ml bottle of rinse aid. I've had the dishwasher since end of August. I hope this helps.

Harrydubya

Thanks Rosemary. Yes, I also thought the container took a lot of rinse aid. Like you, there is also just the 2 of us and we wash about every third day. Guess I'll probably use a similar amount to you.
Cheers
Harry

Vishal

Vishalasked

hi, i am about to buy this product, but i have come across -ve reviews recently purchased and posted on this website , so is this really a good product or what. its very expensive so need to figure out. Please let me know?

Warren

yes this is a very good product and yes it is expensive compared to what's out there.

Harrydubya

Purchased our ASKO D5456 one month ago and am extremely happy. Super quiet and everything comes out spotless and as dry as . I use the normal setting, with the high temperature and longer drying options activated. Make sure you use Rinse Aid, it does make a difference. 5 Star rating

Harry

cexv

cexvasked

Asko D5456 None of the buttons on the touch control panel work. I've gone through the various procedures for the Start/Stop button functionality but to no avail. The problem sometimes fixes itself if I leave it overnight, or for a few days. But seriously is this what should expect from a non-budget machine??

Kayzee

No it is not! I would be following it up either through ASKO or who you purchased the dishwasher from!

Get an answer from our members and Asko representatives