Asko T784CHP

Asko T784CHP

MPNs: 35904177 and T784CHP

See the Best Heat Pump Clothes Dryers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

sharon

sharonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

do not buy asko dryer

Bought my dryer (T794C) 4 years ago. Lost all power to it after 2 years and 2 months, they came out and replaced the whole power board as a good will gesture. (shameful i thought seeming it had only been out of warranty for 2 months). 2 years and 4 months later it has lost all power again this time they will not repair it under warranty. Never again would i buy ASKO to have a dryer last 4 and half years(which is hardly ever used) is shameful. Do yourself a big favour DONOT buy asko products.

Purchased in December 2014 at The Good Guys for $2,500.00.

Murali Ramaswami

Murali RamaswamiSydney, NSW

Screeching sounds coming out of the dryer

Bought this dryer from Appliances Online in January this year. The drying cycles are extremely long - have had to revert to the manual Timed dry cycle for it to even work.
As of last night, the dryer has been making a loud screeching sound. So much for Swedish engineering. We pay a premium and expect a premium product which is at least reliable. Not.

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,009.00.

Lek

LekSydney, NSW

NEVER AGAIN!

I'd give it a zero rating if I could. Endless trouble with it. Every issue imaginable. Has broken down more times than I've counted now. Have found Asko extremely difficult to deal with unfortunately. Had similar issues with the Asko washing machine which eventually just died completely less than 4 years from purchase. Asko has (with much pressure from the store we purchased the dryer from) replaced it twice. When it does work it takes many, many hours to dry clothing and Extra Dry is the only option to use if you want dry clothing. There are so many areas where lint and fluff get caught and that need to be cleaned after each use. Unfortunately some you cannot get to and need a technician to come out to fix. It also seeks ....

Blue20

Blue20

Typical Asko Rubbish

Purchased dryer in June 2013. I am having major issues with the dryer not drying and also bearing noises which are very loud. I thought this would last. I also purchased an Asko washing machine after this and thought it would be fine but after 2.5 years it broke down and the technician said this model had major known issues. I was told when purchasing that these were great reliable products. Rubbish!!!! The washing machine still has issues leaking and making noises and the drying does not dry and has bearing noises. I spent around $5000 on these two items and would never purchase Asko again. DO NOT BUY THE ASKO BRAND EVER !!!!!! I am about to buy some replacement products which will not be ASKO.

Be Warned!!!

Date PurchasedJun 2013

ASKO Dryer

I am at my wits end with my ASKO dryer, its not even 3 years old and I have always had a problem with it! I have had it fixed multiple times and the last time I got it fixed for a consistent squeaking noise I was told by the Technician that the noise is something I would just have to deal with! What the...I paid over $2500 for this dryer. I emailed ASKO and was told there is nothing they can do as its out of warranty. It takes forever to dry clothes and I have to use the extra dry setting all the time. I am ready to take it to the dump and buy a new one...but why should I! I am going to go to consumer affairs this is getting beyond a joke.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

unhappy laundry guy

unhappy laundry guyAuckland

total junk

We purchased the dryer in late 2012. It broke down with in a few months. It was repaired. It broke down twice more so the company replaced it with a new one. After two years the replacement machine had a loud baring noise. the water extraction pump had failed. while it was with the repairer he tested it and found the heat pump was failing , that explained why it took so long to dry the clothes. They want another $900 for the part and labour on top of that to fix it. This product it just junk. It was sold to us that it would last twenty years but it was scrapped after two . do not waste your money on this over priced rubbish.

Date PurchasedDec 2012

Don't buy Asko.

I have an ASKO heat pump. After 2.5 years it has failed due to a problem with some float switch. ASKO claim that given it is outside the 2 year manufacturer's warranty I need to pay for the repair. The customer service staff in Melbourne are incredibly rude and have actually hung up on me. If you are looking for any appliance, save your money and Don't buy ASKO.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

amac72

amac72AU

Great Product, new technology, requires a bit of regular maintenance and good ventillation

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Rhonda

RhondaMelbourne

I have only had the dryer for 3 weeks and not happy at all the dryer steamers up the room and makes

I have only had my dryer for about 3 weeks the only reason I brought Asko I have had to Asko washing machines in the 30 years and they are brilliant but I have made a mistake by buying the Asko clothes dryer it's steams up the laundry and makes the house hot extremely disappointed and not going to keep it I will buy something different

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Sanchezc9

Sanchezc9Melbourne

Overflow

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Squeaky dryer

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Asko serviceman talked me into purchasing this dryer, but...

After enjoying using ASKO washing machine and dryer for years, the dryer started having many issues. An ASKO serviceman said it would be very expensive to replace and suggested the new model heat pump dryer. I have been very happy with it; it's quiet and dries evenly, until recently. It keeps stopping and displaying "overflow". I don't know what that means, or how to fix it. After keeping the filter meticulously clean, and not to mention spending over $2000 on the dryer, I am very disappointed to have to go through this process again after only six months of using it. Any suggestions would be very helpful, thanks!

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Rach

RachPrahran

Very disappointed with the product and the customer service

After being convinced to purchase Asko over Miele, I'm regretting my decision. The dryer only dries when on extra dry. One replacement dryer under warranty but now this one is packing up. Despite following the care instructions lint blocks the filter at the back which isn't accessible except by a tech. Very disappointed

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Water leaks. Doesn't go down pipe to sink or into tank.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Marianne Y

Marianne YSydney

Excellent and quiet dryer

I don't know why everyone's reviews are bad. I must say it took a few times to get use to it, (as first time using a heat pump dryer). If you follow the instructions well, you shouldn't have any problems. I am very happy with mine. So far, so fingers crossed :)

eastcoastfemme

eastcoastfemme

Don't buy Asko

Sal L

Sal LMelbourne

Absolute worst

Can't dry anything properly unless using "extra dry", which could over heat your clothings, such as woollens and baby clothes. Managed to shrink some baby clothes from size 1 to 0. Would love to get a refund, it can't even compete with machine which cost less than 1/5 of it's price.

James TSydney

Clothes won't dry. Service takes weeks to appear and cannot fix

James T

Vani at Asko was very efficient at sorting out this problem and a replacement dryer was delivered within a week. Thanks Asko.

Judith H

Judith H

Very poor after sales support

Hi Judith,
Sorry to hear about your experience and I would like to help resolve the issue. If you could kindly email your details to feedback@asko.com.au I will be sure to look into it.
Kind Regards,
Vani - Team Leader - After Sales Service

Not Happy

Not Happy

Less than a year old - had two serious problems

The dryer cost over $2000 and it has had problems since very early on. They sent out one service guy who didn't know what the problem was. They sent out a second guy who came out and made the problem worse to the point where the dryer is unusable, with long wait times on a serviceman to install the new parts. wouldn't buy ASKO again.

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your experience and I would like to help resolve the issue. If you could kindly email your contact details to feedback@asko.com.au I would be happy to look into it.
Kind Regards,
Kylie - Customer Service Team Leader

Kirsty.S

Kirsty.Sasked

I have a T784hp dryer. I would like to know if I am able to choose a low temperature setting like you can on most dryers? That way I can dry garments that say dry on warm or low settings.

Lilly

Lillyasked

I have the T408HD...I bought it mid 2018 to go with the new washing machine. It runs really well, BUT...I have a question about the new so-called "Butterfly Drying". If I put a couple of sheets in, they ALWAYS end up in a rolled up ball. Same with towels. It happens whether I dry straight out of the washing machine, or am just finishing them off after they've been on the line for a while. What is going on with that? Am I doing something wrong?

I bought this dryer for the holiday house because my other one (T784HP) is really terrific and doesn't cause the sheets etc to roll up into a bal

Brookasked

I am so nervous, I purchased the ASKO washing machine and dryer today total outlay $3300 dollars. After reading the reviews I am so worried, have I done the right thing? should I have gone with Miele for the money I have just forked out? :(

N Roodaal

Since my review I had the technician out again. He put in a 5 cent o-ring and solved the problem.

It will never do a good job on a queen sized doona cover (tangles) but overall I am happy with it now.

Brook: I was just like you... I read the reviews after buying. I was so worried that I'd lost my money especially when their phone service was so abysmal. I'm not so troubled now.

Brook

This is my second ASKO, I purchased the washing machine and dryer in 2003. They both still work, the dryer barely and the washing machine just doesn't wash 'clean' any more. I have been so very happy with these products that is why I bought the same again. I did a lot of research into Bosch, Miele and the ASKO. I have always been so happy with the metal seal on the ASKO and my machines were made in Sweden. Since reading the reviews of the new models that have since been made in Slovenia I am concerned. Hopefully I won't have any issues, especially for the cost.

Get an answer from our members and Asko representatives