Asko T784CHP

Asko T784CHP

MPNs: 35904177 and T784CHP
See the Best Heat Pump Clothes Dryers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Asko

Dryer never dries

My new heat pump ASKO dryer doesn’t dry properly. Wish I’d read the reviews before purchase. I like other reviewers was talked into buying this product over Miele. I’m angry and disappointed. Wish I could return it.

Purchased in January 2021.

Leone Corker
Leone CorkerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Only lasted FIVE YEARS

Purchased in May 2015 at Appliances Online for $1,021.00.

Max
MaxGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Utter Garbage ..overflows all the time, takes ages.. support is basically non-existent

I've had this drier for about 3 year ..Its been nothing but trouble. It's loud, it takes forever to dry and right now it keeps on giving overflow errors. I've been trying to get through to asko support for almost 2 hours.

Purchased in July 2017.

Angus
AngusMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rubbish Product/Warranty is a Hoax

My washer shredded the first load of washing! When I contacted Asko, I was told that someone would come around sometime in the next few weeks????? Fortunately, m retailer - Harvey Norman stepped in and had it replaced. Now my drier is making more noise than your average Boeing 727! Despite a number of emails and phone calls to avail myself of their so called warranty, I have had no response. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purchased in October 2018 for $1,999.00.

Adrian
AdrianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No problems at all

This (T784CHP) drier is efficient, does not need ventilation, (but I usually put the fan on anyway as it's in a "french" laundry cupboard). I has not missed a beat in the 5 years I have had it and I bought it from a clearance sale. One piece of advice if you are new to Heat Pump driers..... READ THE MANUAL! and clean the filters as per the instructions.

Purchased in March 2014 at e&s.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
AvatarSydney, NSW

Love this machine

Bought this heat pump drier along with a matching washer. This was and still is the best looking heat pump drier made IMO. I sought it out despite the newer model having just launched at the time.

I can't complain, this machine does everything I expected and does it well. It's a great unit and looks better than it's newer replacement model. I am also thankful that is comes with the stacking kit and sits perfectly on top of it's matching washer. Unlike the washer this actually does have a audible completed cycle chime.

It's unfortunate that Asko is now a Chinese company, I wish the company had maintained their European ownership.

Purchased for $1,799.00.

frank
frankGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Almost caught fire - just got a lot of smoke and tripped circuit breaker!!!

Purchased in July 2013 at Asko Appliances for $2,199.00.

Katie G.
Katie G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

ASKO T784CHP - Caught fire and caused over $100k in damages

Purchased in June 2014 for $2,500.00.

Ngan Tran
Ngan TranCanberra 2600, ACT

Leaking!!! Leaking and leaking!!!!

Water came out of the machine instead of the container built in the machine!!! Bought from Harvey Norman Fyshwick!!! Got NONE help from both Asko and HN. Stay far away!!!!!

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,000.00.

sharon
sharonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

do not buy asko dryer

Bought my dryer (T794C) 4 years ago. Lost all power to it after 2 years and 2 months, they came out and replaced the whole power board as a good will gesture. (shameful i thought seeming it had only been out of warranty for 2 months). 2 years and 4 months later it has lost all power again this time they will not repair it under warranty. Never again would i buy ASKO to have a dryer last 4 and half years(which is hardly ever used) is shameful. Do yourself a big favour DONOT buy asko products.

Purchased in December 2014 at The Good Guys for $2,500.00.

Murali Ramaswami
Murali RamaswamiSydney, NSW

Screeching sounds coming out of the dryer

Bought this dryer from Appliances Online in January this year. The drying cycles are extremely long - have had to revert to the manual Timed dry cycle for it to even work.
As of last night, the dryer has been making a loud screeching sound. So much for Swedish engineering. We pay a premium and expect a premium product which is at least reliable. Not.

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,009.00.

Lek
LekSydney, NSW

NEVER AGAIN!

I'd give it a zero rating if I could. Endless trouble with it. Every issue imaginable. Has broken down more times than I've counted now. Have found Asko extremely difficult to deal with unfortunately. Had similar issues with the Asko washing machine which eventually just died completely less than 4 years from purchase. Asko has (with much pressure from the store we purchased the dryer from) replaced it twice. When it does work it takes many, many hours to dry clothing and Extra Dry is the only option to use if you want dry clothing. There are so many areas where lint and fluff get caught and that need to be cleaned after each use. Unfortunately some you cannot get to and need a technician to come out to fix. It also seeks ....

Blue20
Blue20

Typical Asko Rubbish

Purchased dryer in June 2013. I am having major issues with the dryer not drying and also bearing noises which are very loud. I thought this would last. I also purchased an Asko washing machine after this and thought it would be fine but after 2.5 years it broke down and the technician said this model had major known issues. I was told when purchasing that these were great reliable products. Rubbish!!!! The washing machine still has issues leaking and making noises and the drying does not dry and has bearing noises. I spent around $5000 on these two items and would never purchase Asko again. DO NOT BUY THE ASKO BRAND EVER !!!!!! I am about to buy some replacement products which will not be ASKO.

Be Warned!!!

Date PurchasedJune 2013

ASKO Dryer

I am at my wits end with my ASKO dryer, its not even 3 years old and I have always had a problem with it! I have had it fixed multiple times and the last time I got it fixed for a consistent squeaking noise I was told by the Technician that the noise is something I would just have to deal with! What the...I paid over $2500 for this dryer. I emailed ASKO and was told there is nothing they can do as its out of warranty. It takes forever to dry clothes and I have to use the extra dry setting all the time. I am ready to take it to the dump and buy a new one...but why should I! I am going to go to consumer affairs this is getting beyond a joke.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
unhappy laundry guy
unhappy laundry guyAuckland

total junk

We purchased the dryer in late 2012. It broke down with in a few months. It was repaired. It broke down twice more so the company replaced it with a new one. After two years the replacement machine had a loud baring noise. the water extraction pump had failed. while it was with the repairer he tested it and found the heat pump was failing , that explained why it took so long to dry the clothes. They want another $900 for the part and labour on top of that to fix it. This product it just junk. It was sold to us that it would last twenty years but it was scrapped after two . do not waste your money on this over priced rubbish.

Date PurchasedDec 2012

Read more reviews - page 2

Tara
Taraasked

Hello
I am looking to purchase a new washing machine and dryer from the current Classic range and I will need to stack the dryer on top. I’ve read this is possible but can you please confirm if I can also turn the dryer upside as I won’t be able to reach top control panel if I don’t turn
Thanks in advance

Kirsty.S
Kirsty.Sasked

I have a T784hp dryer. I would like to know if I am able to choose a low temperature setting like you can on most dryers? That way I can dry garments that say dry on warm or low settings.

Lilly
Lillyasked

I have the T408HD...I bought it mid 2018 to go with the new washing machine. It runs really well, BUT...I have a question about the new so-called "Butterfly Drying". If I put a couple of sheets in, they ALWAYS end up in a rolled up ball. Same with towels. It happens whether I dry straight out of the washing machine, or am just finishing them off after they've been on the line for a while. What is going on with that? Am I doing something wrong?

I bought this dryer for the holiday house because my other one (T784HP) is really terrific and doesn't cause the sheets etc to roll up into a bal

Get an answer from our members and Asko representatives

CategoryHeat Pump Clothes Dryers
Price (RRP) $2,399.00
Capacity7 kg
Energy Rating6 star(s)
FeaturesAuto-Sensing, Child-Safety Lock, Lint Filter, Reverse Tumbling and Stackable
Door Hinge Left and Reversible Door Hinge