3Asko W4086P

3.3

Richard ..
Richard ..South East Queensland, QLD5 posts
  Verified W4086P

Asko built to last longer

See my review on the Asko company site. This machine broke down after 4 years - extended warranty (fortunately.) But… what a farrago to get service! An L36 fault shut down the machine and could not be repaired. Every step of the process needed to be urged. Be aware folks that Asko can do things more quickly - don’t be afraid to escalate your complaint and don’t give up. I eventually got my money back. But it took 2 months from failure ti refund. When I spoke to their service manager - she said that as they had 2.6 stars on product review and other competitors had 2.1-2.4 - they weren’t doing so bad… Asko built to last longer! Show details
Amanda
AmandaSydney, NSW2 posts
  W4086P

Try living with a broken washing machine for a month

My facts. Machine broke within warranty. Call made to fix and still 4 weeks later unresolved. No machine and having a family of 4 and no washing machine for a month and no ability to speak to management or escalate issue with Asko. Based on performance and service do not recommend Show details
Tan
TanSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Complete rust bucket rubbish

Purchased Jan 21. Not used till August 2021 (renovations completed). One and half years later and it is completed rusted though. Visible signs of rust all over machine. Asko customer care/don’t care should be their real name. Rude and unhelpful. They claim “user error” caused the machine to rust. Have launched complaint with ACCC.
Asko
Asko   DM
Kylie B.
Kylie B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts
Peter A.
Peter A.

So dissatisfied and disappointed

Machine leaked from the door in the first couple of uses. Four warranty visits - adjustment of door hinge and it still leaked. Then the addition of a rubber seal in the door and the service agent angled the Machine backwards apparently the weight of the clothes causes the door not to have a good seal.
The vibration is felt throughout the house - all this and the machine was brand new.
Should have stuck with AEG - 10 years of faultless performance. Show details
Baz
BazPerth, WA7 posts

Nice machine

It washes very well and has lots of different cycles. It takes a little bit of time to turn on which can be annoying, and the cycle are long but can be pre programmed. No door seal which is awesome. All
In all a great product Show details ·  1
Mt V
Mt VWestern District, VIC2 posts

Disappointed Asko owner

Bought an Asko W4086PW front load washing machine in June 2020 to replace an Asko that was over 10 years old. I can’t remember when it started leaking water but before the warranty ended I sent it in for repair. It had 2 different water leaks and with the difficulty of sourcing parts I was without it for 6months. Finally got it home November 2022 and by January it was leaking again. Rang Asko only to be told the repairs are out of warranty. Finally have time to chase up Asko again and they still refuse to repair/replace the machine. So I am now in contact with Consumer Affairs.
I cannot recommend buying this machine, so disappointed with the quality of the machine and the lack of service from Asko.
Marek K.
Unhappy customerHobart, TAS
Abbey
AbbeySydney Surrounds, NSW

Spin sounds like a Helicopter landing in side my House

My Asko W4086P purchased 2020. Great functions. Love it. My only concern is the spin cycle. Just makes a big Helicopter noise. Waiting for the machine to take off out the window. What can I do about the noise ? It’s loud Show details
RJAINVIC
RJAINVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC17 posts
the-one
the-oneMid North Coast, NSW27 posts

Asko W4086P washing machine - the quiet achiever

I spent some time reviewing washing machines before purchasing. The Asko 4086P, while not a low-cost machine, does have a lot of good features including the stainless steel door seal which works very well. There are multiple options / cycles which are a help and periodic reminders that come up on screen for such things as drum cleaning. The machine has delivered excellent washes every time, using either liquid or powder detergents, and it is much quieter than other brands I have owned. The cost of operating this machine has been low and I look forward to years of service making the initial price worthwhile. I recommend this product.
Paul
PaulThe Mallee, VIC161 posts
NickC
NickCSydney Surrounds, NSW3 posts

Antoinette P.
Antoinette P. · W4086P

Hi. Can anyone help with a repair? I need to change the rubber seal on the door and I can't seem to get the inner and outer door apart. Has anyone done this themselves? Thank you in advance

Asko
Asko   DM

Good morning Antoinette. This is an excellent question. You will require a service technician to attend as the door needs to be disassembled.
Kind regards
Claire

OffGrid
OffGrid · W4086P

I am curious to know the exact power consumption whilst using this machine. I note it doesn't have a hot water inlet and I live in a remote situation completely "off-grid" for power and water. My old washing machine is 609W and has a cold and hot tap inlet. I can't find a power rating for this machine and would like to know the consumption in Watts for a cold load VS hot load. It's critical to know this because as mentioned I have solar power and no mains electricity. I avoid high draw appliances here even though we do have a very large capacity solar system with wind turbine. Another point would be how many watts for how long? On an average hot cycle how long does it run at max watts? Thankyou.

Trish
Trish

Hi Offgrid, I am unable to help you as my model is not as up-to-date as the machine you are researching. Also I am not technically qualified to accurately answer your questions.

Compare all Asko W4086 listings
CategoryFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $2,099$1,899
Capacity8 kg8 kg
Household Size 3-4 people3-4 people
Energy Rating5 star(s)4.5 star(s)
Water Rating5 star(s)4.5 star(s)
Dimensions 850 x 595 x 585 mm850 x 595 x 585 mm
Max Spin Speed 1,600 rpm1,600 rpm
Maximum Noise Level77 db77 db
Number of Wash Cycles2222
Weight76.5 kg75.5 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishWhiteWhite