5Asko W4086

Asko W4086 Questions & Answers

5Asko W4086
Antoinette P.
Antoinette P. · W4086P

Hi. Can anyone help with a repair? I need to change the rubber seal on the door and I can't seem to get the inner and outer door apart. Has anyone done this themselves? Thank you in advance

Asko
Asko   DM

Good morning Antoinette. This is an excellent question. You will require a service technician to attend as the door needs to be disassembled.
Kind regards
Claire

Leanne · W4086

We purchased a 10kg ASKO washing machine in 2021 from Good Guys who recommended the washer. Have had no problems with it until last week when I opened the door and the glass fell out and shattered on the floor. I was doing a load of t-shirts for the soccer team at the time. We have extended warranty but Asko have said they will not cover this after speaking with their colleagues. I have called Good Guys and they said that a rep would contact me, which they did by telling me to call Asko. My husband called them again today to query their reply and was told that things like zippers or buttons can cause the glass to break. How are we supposed to wash those items with zippers and buttons if they can cause the glass to shatter. What a joke ! I am now waiting for the department of fair trading to investigate for me after contacting them.

Asko
Asko   DM

Hello Leanne. Can you please contact me on feedback@asko.com.au with our full name and order number or mobile number so I can look into your case in more detail.
Thak you and kind regards.
Claire

Leanne

Thankyou for your reply Claire. I have sent through what you asked for. Hopefully this will be resolved, I will keep you all posted.

teena launder
teena launder · W4086C

My machine is leaking on the left side. I thought it might be the door hinge is there any way of checking this?

Once an Asko fan

When my Asko leaked, it was when the machine was filling with water. This was due to a hole in the inlet pipe caused by rubbing of the pipe against the interior of the machine. I had to hand wash but I was able to use the spin cycle. The outlet pipe was fine.
Another time I had a minor leak when an item of clothing was stuck in the door which caused it to not seal properly.
Not sure if your leak is like these.
Good luck. If still under warranty, I hope you don't have wait long for repair.

Josephine M.
Josephine M. · W4086C

After pressing start button down for 3-5 seconds, nothing happened.? What do I do ? Please help. Thank you . Jo

John Judy · W4086

Purchased ASKO W4086C two and half years ago Why is leaking water from the bottom Well we think from bottom
Who is the most honest company to fix ? Out of warranty Piss poor result after two and half years

Julie B.
Julie B. · W4086

Good morning, I’m not one to read manuals so which cycle does my 2022 asko washing machine should I use to wash at 60 degrees?

mummaof2
mummaof2

Hi, you should be able to change the temp on most of the cycles..you push the button for the temp and it will show you how high it will allow you to set it on. I know you can on the auto cycle and cotton and allergy sensitive cycle are set at 60 degrees. Hope this helps.

gers
gers · W4086C

I just got this - I clearly haven't done the research but is it a cold-water only machine? Or does it heat up the water itself? It seems to have a space for the hot water inlet but there's no actual connector for it.

Lenka
Lenka

Sorry I have no idea, I got them to do the install when the washer and dryer was delivered by Asko

Once an Asko fan

The machine is connected to cold water but heats the water to the temperature you select. Most of the time I wash cold and line dry to save energy with good results.

Brigitte S.
Brigitte S. · W4086

Is there a cold wash cycle in the Asko washing machine?

Kelly
Kelly

yes there is a cold wash cycle, my machine ahs not leaked again since I changed the washing liquid and you only use the smallest amount in these machines, it is very noisy

Giovanna · W4086

I have an Asko W4086 and i am finding that the towels come out still feeling soapy. Can anyone tell me how can i fix it? Thanks

the-one
the-one

Hi Giovanna. I have not had this problem. I normally use the Quick wash (60 mins, 40 degrees) because the towels aren't really dirty. I assume your towels are cotton. Suggest you try another brand of washing detergent such as OMO Ultimate (liquid) and use only the recommended quantity. If this doesn't work you may need to check the hardness of the water you are using. Hard water will give a poor result.

Giovanna

That is the soap that i am using at the moment and i am washing them on the Auto program because the quick wash only takes 4 kilos and the auto takes 8 kilos.

Jossan · W4086

Hi. I wonder how the pro wash washing system work in reality. I have seen some videos in youtube but they are all animated so it doesn’t really say anything about how the water stays in the drum. The video shows that the water and detergent, in the beginning of the wash, pumps through the system and sprays in to the drum from two inlets at the top. But then what? My questions/worries is as follows:

- Is the water circulating through the pump and sprays from the top during the whole wash circle?

- Are the laundry getting enough water in the bottom of the drum during the wash? Can you see the water level in the drum if you choose high water level for example?

- It also says in the commercal that the water sprays on top of the laundry during rinsing. Does that mean that the laundry never get the chance to soak from a high water level at the bottom of the drum at all during rinse cycles?

- Doesn't the pipes get clogged whith detergent by the way? If the rinsing water takes the same way to the top sprays as the detergent Im worrying that the first rins would be full of soap from the hoses?

I hope there is someone out there who can answer my questions.

Best regards
Josephine

Jossan

The question is about W4086p or the 9kg machines, the W4086c does not have the pro wash washing system.

Gary S.
Gary S. · W4086

Please advise which programme to use to wash towels on the W4086C.

Qingyi Hua
Qingyi Hua

I use "quick" most often. Other programmes will take more than 1 hour

Sheri
Sheri · W4086C

Hi, have just ordered this machine without realising there was no hot water inlet. Would you know the reason that Anko would do this? Is the wash equally good with cold water?

Kaye Tait
Kaye Tait

I did the same thing. Laundry is close to hot water storage so particularly wanted one with a hot water connection. I'm sure I'll still be happy.

Robert A.
Robert A.

The machine only has a cold water inlet because it heats the water to its preset temperature as per wash selection

Jossan · W4086

Hi. I’m considering buying W4086. Does anybody know if the machine spins before the first rinse and then between all the rinses in every program? Have red that it just spins between rinses when you select the intensive program. I’m also wondering what the allergy mode is and what that option adds to the selected program.

Nick_S

It does spin before the first rinse, but at low speed. I'd say at around 400-600rpm. Then, it starts with the rinse cycle. It also spins the clothes after each rinse, at low spin speed (400-600... I can't really tell). I think last two rinses get high spin speeds (1000-1600) Allergy mode adds a lot of time to the whole wash cycle - it all goes to rinsing and clothes re-arrangement inside the drum.

I tried 1600 and I can tell you that the clothes come out semi-dried. However, the experience is quite scary.

It is also possible to select a High Water Level for almost all programs with no penalty as to wash duration.

I had an old Asko washing machine. The new one (W4086) spends much more time on rinsing and "re-arranging" the clothes in a drum before the spin starts, to ensure minimum vibration. It is MUCH quieter in general than the old model I had (W6021, lasted almost 15 years without a single issue!).

You can download the User Manual from Asko AU website.

Jossan

Thank You so much for Your reply. Looks like the W4086 is a good washer then. I have one more question though, are You satisfied with the rinsing result? I think the rinsing result is the biggest issue these days with modern energy saving machines.

Nick_S

The rinsing results are great. I use a Quick Wash, Cold, 1200rpm, High Water Level. This is done in 50min.
If the clothes need a bit more washing, I use the same Quick Wash cycle, with 40deg C setting. This gives me completely white whites. Both cycles rinse the clothes really well (4 rinses).

I think you will be more than happy with either (above); you can "add" an extra rinsing (extra rinsing, when selected, adds 2 extra rinses), if you wish.

Jossan

That sounds perfect for me and my family. Thank You so much for Your input!

terryk

hey guys, hows it going with the Asko Washer? Any problems and would you still recommend? So many negative reviews for Asko makes it scary considering the premium price.

Jossan

Hi! Got my new asko 4086 machine in june. Worked well for three weeks then it started to leek oil. Asko said there shouldn’t be any oil that could leek and they didn’t find what was wrong. Some of the programs didn’t rins as many time as they should so something was wrong whith the motherboard too. I got a new machine two weeks later and soo far so good. No oil leak and I think the programs are running as they should now. Buying an Asko seems a bit like a lottery. But if you get a well made one you will love the machine. One thing though. I think the Asko drum is a bit harsher on fabrics than for example Bosch due to the design of the holes. But I always use wash bags for delicate thin synthetic fabrics and fluffy knitted garments.

Jossan

Forgot to mention. I would rekommend getting an extended warranty if buying an Asko. I got 5 years.

audios81 · W4086

Hi all!!

Had purchased the older made in Sweden Askos in 2012. The W6884 Eco and matching T784C, heat pump wasn't available until the next few months. The dryer was pretty good, the washer was a nightmare. Leaked constantly from the detergent drawer, would lose its cycle and often wouldn't auto balance. When it worked was great. But within a few months of owning, constant issues, and the leaking was unacceptable. And this would often leave the laundry room floor soaking wet. When they worked, they were great. But that was maybe 20% of the time. Asko bought them back and we switched to top end Mieles. I loved the way the Asko washed, the silence, and the no rubber bellow. And overall when they worked, I did love them. But the electronic issues and glitches and leaking was just too much. They came out several times and one repair was a regional manager who "fixed" the detergent drawer by sawing pieces off. Unacceptable.

Sorry for such verbose. Just wanted a background. While the Mieles we have are great, they are ageing and are needing more regular upkeep and maintenance. Which isn't cheap out of warranty. The T8861WP dryer needs new bushes again and also a new belt as it's slipping and squeaking. The washer has issues with final spin on some loads, and doesn't do a full spin. Think it just may need a software update or some maintenance to keep them going. But from experience I'd be looking at about $1k-$1.2k to get them back in top top shape, and I'll get another 5-6 years without any other maintenance.

My question is, how have people found the Asko W4086P and T408HD over a year or two. Any major issues or minor ones? Any leaking? Any warranty work? As I'm debating putting the $1k towards a new set of machines, as I can get both for $3598 delivered. Which is $2k less than I paid for the Mieles 7 years ago. I know they will last, but with yearly maintenance. If it's going to be say $1k every 3 years, to hit the 20 year mark, it'll be approx $4k in maintenance to keep them running in top top shape.

So as a massive Miele fan, I will miss the solid metal chromed door and other features like 23 programmes for washer.

So just wondering what people think of these Askos after a year or two? As the price is great and if they have fixed the quality issues, although made in Slovenia, part of Gorenje and not Sweden. Would you buy some new Askos, or keep the Mieles and just suck up paying for maintenance?

Sorry for the lengthy question, just wanted to be thorough and specific.

Any advice you can help with about these new Askos would be great!

Many, many thanks
J

Trish

Regarding Asko washing machine (mine is 10 years old Asko W6222). Have never had a leaking problem. I treat my machine with respect, and as advised in use and care guide. That is keep to instructions as set out. My machine has never given me a problem and behaves as it did when new. Always use detergent advised for front loader, in fact I even reduce advised quantity to about half advised, for most washes.

audios81

Thanks for the reply, but I'm after those with the new models as I stated. Wanted to know the reliability et cetera with the new machines, not the older ones. I had many issues, and these were well known the Asko at the time, it's when quality dipped as this was the time when they were closing manufacturing in Sweden and moving to Slovenia as they were bought by Gorenje. So those made on the switch over seem to be the most unreliable. But if they've ironed out the issues with the new machines made in Slovenia, and quality has improved, I'm after those with the models I posted. But thank you for you reply none the less.
Cheers

Joanne Seeto
Joanne Seeto

We're having the same issues your mentioned. When it works, it's fine. However, once or twice a month it will leak a lot. I think it leaked from the door. This despite using only a quarter of scoop of powder (we changed powders 3 times to suit what the technician recommended, with the same technician recommending different powders on separate occasions, and blaming the powders that he had previously recommended). We have had many technicians come out, some of them quite rude and accuse you of not knowing how to use a washing machine (?!?!?!). I don't know if we have a dud, but from reading your review it may be a common issue with Asko.

audios81

Joanne, what models of machines do you have? Ours leaked from the detergent drawer, no idea how it happened but it was common. Other than the electrical issues, I really loved them. Quiet, well built, great tech, but couldn't overlook the major issues such as leaking, losing its place in a cycle and difficulty balancing. Do you have a new model or an older one?
Cheers

Ragtrader
Ragtrader

I have a 4086P ( my third asko machine in 20 years) and I’m mostly very happy. Quiet unless you have a very heavy load of towels and spinning at full speed in the final stage. Washes very well. Clothes come out very clean. Love the steel seal. Matching heat pump dryer (T408HD) is very efficient but the door filter does not catch all the fluff and it’s a bit of a nuisance to keep clean as fluff collects around the door seals and vents. Not as easy to keep clean as my old T702C but still a very good machine. Makes lots of strange sounds. Good selection of cycles.

Mirella
Mirella

My machine is still under warranty and it is leaking from the door. Twice they have sent a service man. I’m not sure what to do. Get another Asko or change brands altogether.

MPW777
MPW777

Mirella, shouldn't they replace it, if it is still under warranty? I have been thinking of getting an Asko, but not so sure it it leaks??

Nick_S

The issue is related to how the outer door plastic rim is unnecessarily large. I am talking about the plastic rim, surrounding the glass door, with "Steel Seal" written on it. I am clueless as too why ASKO decided to make it so large... maybe to be competitive with Korean brands that make their doors 1km in diameter...? Anyway, the outer plastic rim could have been 4cm shorter in diameter, at least.

In case there is a fair amount of clothes in the drum, the washing machine inner tank (and a door, which is an ASKO trademark, and the sole reason why we've been sticking with ASKO washers for 3 decades) has a potential to hit the bottom of the outer metal frame. This will, in turn, cause the door to dislodge and lose the seal, and some water may leak out. So, this could happen only if the inner tank (drum) is overloaded. The things will get worse if the "High Water Level" is selected. This will make the inner tank sag down even more.

The above was not the case with older models. The door was completely recessed inside the outer metal frame – hence, the door could never hit the outer metal frame no matter how much movement there was. But, the older models were 6kg. Also, the older models had a very small door surrounding, which helped as well and looked so much better.

Mark D.
Mark D.

We have the W4086c bought back in July 2018. Has stained/ruined a number of clothes even though its set on cold washing. Also after the 2 year warranty just began to leak underneath causing the laundry floor to get all wet. Would not recommend Asko.

John Judy

Purchased this machine and Dryer two and half years ago Washing machine started leaking six weeks ago Out of warranty DONT BUY ASKO POOR SERVICE John

Jodie · W4086

I would like to know how much water is used on the Drum Cleaning cycle.
I have emailed Asko about 6 times to ask the question and nobody has answered me.

Trish

I am sorry Jodie, I have never had to clean my drum in all the years of having my Asko. I will look up my Instructions for you. Should it help I will advise you. Patricia

Jodie

It is only three months old and comes up with a message to run the drum cleaning cycle.
My previous 2 Asko machines did not have this. But as I recycle my grey water I need to know it will not overflow the catchment tank.

Trish

Hi Jodie, I have looked at my Instruction book for Asko W6222 (10 years old). Under Care and Cleaning “to avoid unpleasant smells” - they recommend running a 95 degree C wash program...and to use small quantity detergent - not necessary to put any washing in machine.” I emphasise this is for my machine W6222. This cycle uses 80 litres of water. Patricia

Judith Wilkes
Judith Wilkes

hi Jodie, I made a mistake when i did my review, my front load washing machine is an AEG and I don't know about a cleaning cycle. Sorry

OffGrid
OffGrid · W4086P

I am curious to know the exact power consumption whilst using this machine. I note it doesn't have a hot water inlet and I live in a remote situation completely "off-grid" for power and water. My old washing machine is 609W and has a cold and hot tap inlet. I can't find a power rating for this machine and would like to know the consumption in Watts for a cold load VS hot load. It's critical to know this because as mentioned I have solar power and no mains electricity. I avoid high draw appliances here even though we do have a very large capacity solar system with wind turbine. Another point would be how many watts for how long? On an average hot cycle how long does it run at max watts? Thankyou.

Trish

Hi Offgrid, I am unable to help you as my model is not as up-to-date as the machine you are researching. Also I am not technically qualified to accurately answer your questions.

Henry D. · W4086

We have a new machine and twice now there has been a large amount of water undere the machine cant seem to locate where it is leaking from any ideas what is causing this

Charles H

This machine has a very unfortunate design of soap tray/cassette.
The tray doesn't cope too well with soap powders if the water is cold: they cake and block the exit. Also, the outlet into the body of the machine is via a comparatively small hole at the back of the cassette. If the water level in the cassette rises higher than about a centimeter, water leaks out past the seal around the slide-out drawer. The answer is first to partly close the cold water tap leading to the machine and secondly never to add water to the drawer (to flush in the soap or add hot water) while the machine is filling: it will always leak if you do.
The water leaks out in front behind the outer (static) casing and a little of it is often seen dripping over the door.

Tania · W4086

I am attracted to this machine due to the steel seal. Is it as good as the marketing suggests?

Marguerite
Marguerite

I am very content with my purchase. My prior Asko was also fully steel and I had it for 15 years during which one service was required. Neither machine has ever leaked and the new model has an electronic beep to warn if door is open. Once program commences the door itself locks if it was closed. I was uncertain about the digital aspect (programs) but it has been so easy and self prompts for selection. It also remembers cycles and you can lock in a favourite. Mine was a good deal purchased from the Good Guys as well. Good luck!

Thanks Marguerite

Charles H

The steel seal itself rarely gives trouble, but it is extremely sensitive to fabric stuck in it (careless loading,) which results in massive flooding. The seal itself is a rubber flange which fits tightly over the glass insert in the door. This is pressed tightly against the steel lip of the stationary outer drum (which contains the water) and more loosely against the adjacent steel lip of the innner, rotating drum. Because the door assembly is fixed to the sprung outer drum rather than the square casing from which the drumassembly is suspended, there is no need for the soft rubber sleeve used in other makes. However, that is not a particular advantage, since that design is also pretty trouble-free.
The four issues with this washing machine you should be aware of are:
#1. It does not have a hot water inlet (so it's more expensive if you have a solar hot water system);
#2. The soap drawer assembly is all rather odd, so some of your soap powder is likely to stay stuck and be added to the rinses, while if the tray is not pushed firmly home, quote a lot of water may leak out.
#3. It is very sensitive to load imbalance, meaning that it may add half an hour or more to the wash time (it spins after each emptying) trying to balance the load to its satisfaction and may leave the load unspun at the end if you have to small a wash or a wash which includes big items;
#4. The inner drum is not just stainless steel: it has plastic inserts which agitate the load as the drum turns. These can very occasionally catch on garments.
The really good thing about this machine is thatit does spin after each emptying, so the rinses are more efficient than a lot of other machines.

Tania

Thanks Charles, all good points to consider

terryk

Hey Charles thanks for all your great tips and comments. How is this machine going now? Any issues? Cheers.

terryk

hi Charles, I'm thinking to buy the Asko washing machine and read all your tips. Are you still happy with it and have you had any problems, leaks, rust etc? I'm thinking of the 10kg model as it has a nice big drum. There's quite a lot of negative reviews for leaks etc. What are your thoughts now? Once thing I discovered - the door hinge design is a 2-stage design. It felt very dodgy on some models I played with in store. Sometimes it doesn't close properly and I could even see space that it wasn't sealed. Then I saw one with a normal design hinge. Apparently this is the new hinge that will be on all new machines. It feels much better and seems to close the door and seal well. We do use powder so I'm worried about it blocking the dispenser outlet and not flushing properly - and therefore going into the rinse. I guess if you dissolve the powder in warm water and tip it in, it should solve that issue? Or else put powder straight into the drum like some suggest?

Roger M. · W4086

does the asko spin the towels so hard that they come out like boards.?. I had this problem with my Meile and had to put it on a slower spin, hense, wetter and heavier towels to hang out, took a while longer to dry also...

Charles H

The Asko's spin speed is user-selectable (but the maximum speed is limited according to which program is chosen - slightly irritating). However, when spun at the absolute maximum of 1600rpm, yes, the towels come out like boards and have to be shaken out before drying - unless tumble dried, which will give the softest results.
If the problem is that they dry hard and rough, consider using a product to get rid of soap residues. Adding washing soda or sodium percarbonate to a hot wash and then vinegar to the last rinse may help, as may fabric softeners.
If you are thinking of getting this model Asko, be aware that its removable plastic internal ribbing combined with its high agitation speed is rougher on clothes than previous models, also that the curious design of its soap tray can lead to spillage as well as blockage with retained, caked soap powder (Asko in Australia only provides cold water inlet)

Roger M. · W4086

I've previously has a Meile, we found the towels came out and dried like boards.. i was able to adjust the type of wash i did to eliminate this, however, in doing this the towels were quite heavy with water as they didn't spin out super dry...di help with them not being so hard, but they took quite a while to dry..
How does the asko go with towels please?

Hi Roger,
The towels do come out very stiff like boards as you have described. Use less detergent and also do an extra rinse with vinegar to remove soap residue. Tumble drying if the towels are really stiff helps a lot to make them soft again. Hope this will help.

Hi Natasha
Thanks for your response and advice.
Roger

Get an answer from our members and Asko representatives

Select a listing for your question
Asko W4086